1st annual GFB gtg and huckfest!

Races, meets, etc
kahuna bill
Bronco Info: auto fab lift, 90 body on 91 frame, e40d, performer heads,jba headers, K&N intake

Re: 1st annual GFB gtg and huckfest!

Post by kahuna bill »

magic carpet XLT wrote:stupid question since its been so long since i've camped out there; do they still close the booth to get on the beach at 10pm? can i prepay to camp and print a voucher or something?
i've used reserve america a lot in the last 4 years. (bad expierence with the closed gate and an asshole ranger) http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/O ... ampingSpot
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

SteveG wrote:Don, I'll take care of beans. If you guys want to bring 3 packs of chopped, cooked and drained bacon, that would be helpful. That way I can just toss it into the beans Saturday afternoon. Bread sounds good, too.

I am fine with the bacon and bread. Is that 3 packs, as in 3 pounds? Just want to be sure.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

3 packs. That might be overkill but if there's any leftover we can use it for breakfast. Thanks, Don!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

I "might" be out........work has hinted at me having to come in this weekend if we can't get some equipment up and runing (costing us $30,000/day while down). I will know for sure by tomorrow.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Anyone else going to be there early on Friday? I'm hoping to do a bit of testing and tuning.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

I won't be there until late afternoon or early evening depending on what time I get out of work.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

yikes wrote:Anyone else going to be there early on Friday? I'm hoping to do a bit of testing and tuning.

Just don't break it until I get there.

I gotta work Friday. I hope to get down there around 10ish Saturday morning.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

flyinbronco wrote:
yikes wrote:Anyone else going to be there early on Friday? I'm hoping to do a bit of testing and tuning.

Just don't break it until I get there.

I gotta work Friday. I hope to get down there around 10ish Saturday morning.
Saturday!? I thought everyone was showing up Friday.

So what kind of head count do you have?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

well......... i wish i could make it down for this trip but without a job....i just cant afford it.have fun everyone!i'll be there in spirit!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

My friend's Bob and C are out. Looks like just three in my crew.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

flyinbronco wrote:My friend's Bob and C are out. Looks like just three in my crew.
Roger

Philo: 1
Chasetruck: 2?
SteveG: 4
Rick: 3
Yikes: 5
Wood: 1
silverslk: 2
Moss: 6

24 for dinner
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Gonna have to make that 22 most likely. Best case scenario it would be 23. Karen is out as her grandfather is now sick and in the hospital so she will be there this weekend it looks like.

Based on the fact that Andy may be out, that means no carpool and if I went I'd just be sitting there with the tacoma. Not to be a damper on the event, but with how busy I've been I could use a weekend in the shop more than I need another weekend away from home and "relaxing." I may regret it (already do for the awesome eats I'm sure I will be missing), but I think I need to spend time on the crew cab...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

Just got word....I'm gonna have to work. Why is it that work gets in the way of my personal life so much?

If anyone has bought food based on me (x2) being on the list, let me know and I'll paypal some cash to offset that. I don't want my not showing up to cost anyone.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I don't think anyone's purchased food, Andy. We're good. At this rate we'll be back down to three Tri-Tips by Friday.

Philo: 1
SteveG: 4
Rick: 3
Yikes: 5
Wood: 1
Moss: 6

19 for dinner
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

So when is everyone showing up?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Don't everyone speak at once. Haha! I'm going to be there early afternoon tomorrow.
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

Shooting for late Friday.

How are you guys set for firewood? I don't have any like I did for the July trip, should I search for some?
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I have a little bit. We could definitely use more. Anyone else have some?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

SteveG wrote:I have a little bit. We could definitely use more. Anyone else have some?

My firewood suppliers have bailed out on me. I'll try to scrounge some up though.

So only three and a half Broncos showing up. :evil: Unbeliveable

The only reason I voted for this date was I wanted to meet Mark Keifer so I could talk roll cages with him and now he's not even coming. Oh well, guess I'll have to give my money to Autofab again.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

flyinbronco wrote: The only reason I voted for this date was I wanted to meet Mark Keifer so I could talk roll cages with him and now he's not even coming. Oh well, guess I'll have to give my money to Autofab again.
Oddly enough I have never met Mark. I've been to his house, seen his race truck, and met his wife and family. At this point I think he doesn't exist, just a fictitious super fabricater created as a fugure head.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/