1st annual GFB gtg and huckfest!

Races, meets, etc
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: 1st annual GFB gtg and huckfest!

Post by philofab »

I'll be there. Got a tow rig so it won't matter if I snap my Bronco in half.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Pre-Huckfest tear down.
Attachments
IMG_0522-2.jpg
IMG_0522-2.jpg (87.13 KiB) Viewed 720 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

Steve, getting pretty serious here... a full strip-down race prep!

SteveG wrote:Pre-Huckfest tear down.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

So what's the deal here, boys? Aside from about three members, interest is lukewarm at best. I have a feeling we may end up with a Huckfest King by default... whoever shows up with a usable truck.

My truck won't be huck-able. I'd really like to finish Nick's truck but there is still plenty to do. It sounds like Philo is going to slam his together and drag it over on a trailer. As far as I know, Yikes is only planning to drive his truck and not actually use it (if he's still coming).

Soooo, I'll say what everyone is thinking.

Maybe we need to re-think this?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'm still shooting to be there. If the girl goes - I'll be bringing my truck. If not I may look to swing a ride with someone. Either way I don't have anything I can huck (toyo is the DD so not jumping) so I don't count on that part.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

I had a quadrupple conflict come up.

My truck will be at keifers and it needs to beat TDS for Yukon, and I have a personal engagement that came needing me in San Diego, oh, and I need to be in chicago sunday afternoon for work.

Talk about lousy!!

Maybe April, and how about a Barstow GTG? I don't know. I have no say in it, bummed I Can't make the 5th
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Well, I tried to jump the Bronco tonight, but the suspension was working so well I couldn't get it in the air. Haha! Cushhhhh! Love it, but still needs a LOT of work on the valving. I honestly don't know if I can get it to Pismo. Drove it to the high desert today for a quick road test. It's got a terrible vibration over 55mph and I'm not sure where it's coming from, but I know the output flange splines are worn and I discovered play in the pinion....more $$$$ out the window. Not sure if it's going to be ready, but I'm still trying.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Hey a wins a win. If you girlie men can't get your junk working then I'll just keep the crown another year.

I have to say I'm extremely disapointed in our little group. :oops:
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

yikes wrote:Well, I tried to jump the Bronco tonight, but the suspension was working so well I couldn't get it in the air. Haha! Cushhhhh! Love it, but still needs a LOT of work on the valving. I honestly don't know if I can get it to Pismo. Drove it to the high desert today for a quick road test. It's got a terrible vibration over 55mph and I'm not sure where it's coming from, but I know the output flange splines are worn and I discovered play in the pinion....more $$$$ out the window. Not sure if it's going to be ready, but I'm still trying.

My output shaft splines have had play since I bought my truck. It has never hurt anything. Is the vibration still present on dirt roads?
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

Dang! Have been getting every camera phone in the house ready to take out and document this. Was out there this weekend checking it out. The creek was crossable by everything down to Buick sedans. There were some guys with what looked like a sportsman 1450 truck, all stickered up, nice paint, full cage etc. They were half way down the beach, well past the creek, truck still on the trailer, not speeding or anything, and every ranger within 5 miles converged on them with lights on. Never did figure out what they were stopped for, but all eyes were on the trailered truck. I assume you have to either have current registration or a green sticker? There would be no exceptions for race vehicles? If reg was a problem, why wouldn't have this been checked out at the entrance gate?
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

SteveG wrote:So what's the deal here, boys? Aside from about three members, interest is lukewarm at best. I have a feeling we may end up with a Huckfest King by default... whoever shows up with a usable truck.

My truck won't be huck-able. I'd really like to finish Nick's truck but there is still plenty to do. It sounds like Philo is going to slam his together and drag it over on a trailer. As far as I know, Yikes is only planning to drive his truck and not actually use it (if he's still coming).

Soooo, I'll say what everyone is thinking.

Maybe we need to re-think this?

Just being selfish here, but I say we either kick the can down the road a little bit or sked another soon when we can get a bigger crowd to attend! Last summer's huckfest was well attended and that was the best part (other than old man Rick getting the depends). We had great friends and great chow for a great time.

I still haven't been able to clear the work sked and it's looking pretty tough. I'm not yet throwing in the towel for the 5th, but it's pretty grim. Did I mention the chow? :D
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

300 wrote:Was out there this weekend checking it out.
And you didn't take me to lunch? FYI: GFB members are required to invite me to lunch when in the area. Admin's gotta eat, you know!? Please reference Article 12C in the GFB handbook.
300 wrote:There were some guys with what looked like a sportsman 1450 truck, all stickered up, nice paint, full cage etc. They were half way down the beach, well past the creek, truck still on the trailer, not speeding or anything, and every ranger within 5 miles converged on them with lights on. Never did figure out what they were stopped for, but all eyes were on the trailered truck. I assume you have to either have current registration or a green sticker? There would be no exceptions for race vehicles? If reg was a problem, why wouldn't have this been checked out at the entrance gate?
Yeah, you either need current registration or a green sticker. I have luckily never been hassled, but I've heard plenty of stories about Ranger attitudes. I have nothing against cops and such (In fact, I greatly appreciate what they do), but son of a bitch does it piss me off when they start acting like God and pull every officer on duty within a 10-mile radius so they can flex their muscles during a traffic stop (probably what the 1450 truck was getting).

You could probably check Dezert Rangers and find out.

The guys at the gate generally don't know anything other than how to take money and hand out a receipt.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
kahuna bill
Bronco Info: auto fab lift, 90 body on 91 frame, e40d, performer heads,jba headers, K&N intake

Post by kahuna bill »

yikes i'm flattered that you would put my video in the huck fest folder! its not much of a jump but i'm stoked to be recognized non the less!

the video below isn't a bronco... but my buddy still hucked it non the less at pismo. everything on the truck is a craigslist buy. cost $1100.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRfetb-k ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LltS2tBW ... re=related

hope you guys huck it big! maybe i'll make it next time.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

BajaF250 wrote:Did I mention the chow? :D
The quality level of chow is worth repeating! It was nothing short of a feast!
BajaF250 wrote:Just being selfish here, but I say we either kick the can down the road a little bit or sked another soon when we can get a bigger crowd to attend!
It's not selfish. It's reality and I appreciate the honesty. We need feedback on this and aren't getting it. I know people are reading this, but few are piping up with thoughts on the topic. I'd really like to know if this is happening and, if so, what kind of trip we are doing here (big or small). As always, I will provide breakfast on Sunday to all that attend but I need time to prep for that. I have a full plate right now, so a week or a few days may not cut it.

If this turns out to be just a small handful of friends eating and bullshitting around a campfire, I'm perfectly content to do that. The B.S. sessions are generally my favorite part. Hell, if you guys want to cruise over for the day and go out to eat then head to the beach to hold hands and sing songs, I'm good with that too.

I'll make it easy on you fuckers.

Is this trip on, big or small?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'll reply again if for no other reason than others aren't and I like to hear (see???) myself talk..

If it stays the 5th - whatever I'm up for it. If no one is going to show and we pick another weekend - I'm up for that as well.
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Here is how I stand.

I AM going.

My Bronco IS going.

I WILL huck it.

Most likely with Ranchos or sense-a-tracks due to complications with coil overs and other things.

If it's moved to a later date, I think aligning it with the off-road heavy metal weekend might be cool.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

philofab wrote:Here is how I stand.

I AM going.

My Bronco IS going.

I WILL huck it.

Most likely with Ranchos or sense-a-tracks due to complications with coil overs and other things.

If it's moved to a later date, I think aligning it with the off-road heavy metal weekend might be cool.

Well I WAS going to bale like the rest of you pussys from the lack of intrest but if Philo is manning up and willing to throw down then I'm still in.

I'm still planning on bringing the tri tips and pork loins for Saturday night dinner so if anyone is going speak up soon with a head count in your crew.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

flyinbronco wrote:
philofab wrote:Here is how I stand.

I AM going.

My Bronco IS going.

I WILL huck it.

Well I WAS going to bale like the rest of you pussys from the lack of intrest but if Philo is manning up and willing to throw down then I'm still in.

I'm still planning on bringing the tri tips and pork loins for Saturday night dinner so if anyone is going speak up soon with a head count in your crew.
That's what I'm talkin' about... MANSWERS!

In:

Philo: 2?
Chasetruck: 2?
SteveG: 3
Rick:
Autofab John: He said he was interested a couple weeks ago. Has anyone talked to him recently?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Just me this time, Jeff is being a pussy.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'm not sure if I'm 1 or 2 yet. Trying to convince the girl to go. She's VERY new to the "car/truck enthusiast" thing though and doesn't quite get it - hahahaha