KOH 2012

Races, meets, etc
randomthoughtsracing

KOH 2012

Post by randomthoughtsracing »

Who is going to King of the Hammers 2012? If you havent yet attended it is a must see event and there is plenty of room to run a stable of Broncos around. Also if you need some shock tuning to dial in the "red cup ride" I should be out on the lakebed for about 2 weeks leading up to the race and am happy to help. Shoot me an email if you need some assistance joel.ward@bilsteinUS.com
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Re: KOH 2012

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I do but I have swayaways. (I bought them before I was on this site) Could you still help me?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Need an extra set of hands? I'm thinking about heading out there for my first KOH, but I'm not much for standing around.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
randomthoughtsracing

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I do but I have swayaways. (I bought them before I was on this site) Could you still help me?
If you have bypass i can help adjust them, if you have smooth body or coilover you would need to have shims for your shocks since i dont stock those. But yes as long as time permits I can help out.
randomthoughtsracing

philofab wrote:Need an extra set of hands? I'm thinking about heading out there for my first KOH, but I'm not much for standing around.
I certainly could use a hand. Probably going to work on 30-40 vehicles in 12 days...
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

HTO, I'll bring my small box of SAW stuff with me.
hobbyturnedobsession

What day Philo? I'd really appreciate it. Saw sucks with any kind of helpful tips. Thank you Joel, I'll know more when it gets closer.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Badass of you to offer up the help Joel. I wanna make it up there for a day, just need to see when the baby arrives how things are going.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

What a great site!!! I seem to say it every day. Joel, big props to you for offering help to a SAW owner!! This is why I want to run Bilsteins (that and I have been a Bilstein guy since high school..over 20 years ago). Now I just need to find a set of 9100 coilovers and get working on my new beams. hahaha

oh....IN !!! I have only missed one KOH and I regret that one. What a blast watching these guys run.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Typical awesome Bilstein customer service. Like to bend your ear on my 9100s and we'll have a fire burning for you for those late night tuning sessions, haha! Are you going to set up in Hammertown this year or on your hilltop?

First people out at the lake should post up their location and we can build a Go Fast compound. I'll be out about Wednesday I think.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
hobbyturnedobsession

Yeah I know I know, I should've ran bilsteins hahah. I really appreciate it guys.
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

I am going to try to get out there again this year, but not be stuck in the vendeors tent haha....I would like to try to be out wensday as well, this year will be very interesting with the addition of the new classes.
Jeremy
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Its too early for me to know the schedule on that yet.
hobbyturnedobsession

No worries Philo, we'll get in touch when time draws near.
guard
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by guard »

I just bought my ticket for the KOH 2012 event. After hearing it described as the "most brutal and extreme offroad race in the world" in one video, I just had to watch a bunch more videos. Wow, I'm in! As a SoCal resident I believe it'd be a shame to pass up such a great opportunity just 2 hours away. I'll most likely be coming up Weds night through Saturday, no idea how camping works. Anyone know? I was just at Deaver picking up a set of special "Q80" rear springs with hardware. Apparently that's a new spring they're making for the Bronco that only Keifer was aware of, not quite into regular production yet. Anyway, they're sure going to be there.

Also, gonna have some fresh Bilstein 9100's in front at 5165's in rear for tuning :P

I'm bringing my Honda XL 250. How does camping work?
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

guard wrote:I just bought my ticket for the KOH 2012 event. After hearing it described as the "most brutal and extreme offroad race in the world" in one video, I just had to watch a bunch more videos. Wow, I'm in! As a SoCal resident I believe it'd be a shame to pass up such a great opportunity just 2 hours away. I'll most likely be coming up Weds night through Saturday, no idea how camping works. Anyone know? I was just at Deaver picking up a set of special "Q80" rear springs with hardware. Apparently that's a new spring they're making for the Bronco that only Keifer was aware of, not quite into regular production yet. Anyway, they're sure going to be there.

Also, gonna have some fresh Bilstein 9100's in front at 5165's in rear for tuning :P

I'm bringing my Honda XL 250. How does camping work?
Camping is a bit interesting to say the least haha....The lakebed itself will become hammer town primarily vendors/racers will be camping directly behind it, Unless your with a team or volunteer I recomend you camp just prior to the lakebed. At least right now I am planning on heading out Wendsday-sat as well. I think there was some talk about those camping trying to do it together? If that doesnt work out I can PM you my number once I know for sure if I am going and I can save you a spot. Always better to have some folks to hang around the fire with haha. I will have my little trailer with me. Last year was pretty cold and the wind was tolerable . Dump service is available but its a real PITA to chase down the dump truck when they come through. I think this year is going to be pretty cool I wish Ihad more time to see more of the LCQ races. Dave is definately growing this event every year.
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Silverslk wrote:What a great site!!! I seem to say it every day. Joel, big props to you for offering help to a SAW owner!! This is why I want to run Bilsteins (that and I have been a Bilstein guy since high school..over 20 years ago). Now I just need to find a set of 9100 coilovers and get working on my new beams. hahaha

oh....IN !!! I have only missed one KOH and I regret that one. What a blast watching these guys run.

Carpool??
guard
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by guard »

Polarcub wrote: Camping is a bit interesting to say the least haha....The lake bed itself will become hammer town primarily vendors/racers will be camping directly behind it, Unless your with a team or volunteer I recommend you camp just prior to the lake bed. At least right now I am planning on heading out Wednesday-sat as well. I think there was some talk about those camping trying to do it together? If that doesn't work out I can PM you my number once I know for sure if I am going and I can save you a spot. Always better to have some folks to hang around the fire with haha. I will have my little trailer with me. Last year was pretty cold and the wind was tolerable . Dump service is available but its a real PITA to chase down the dump truck when they come through. I think this year is going to be pretty cool I wish I had more time to see more of the LCQ races. Dave is definitely growing this event every year.
Is there just one entrance or are there multiples? I'm definitely in to get a spot saved and meet up with you guys! My business partner also may be attending, he's picking up a new 2012 Jeep Rubicon this weekend. Is there cell phone service out there?
Last edited by guard on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Sketchy cell service, except out on the lakebed at the "phone bush".
Camping on the streets of hammertown goes fast and is a zoo. Good spots can be found on the left just before you get to hammertown on the main/only road in from hwy 247.

If going early in the week, cone off a large area for a GoFast compound and get someone at home to post up here about it. I'll be rolling in Wed night I hope and glad to do it if I'm first in.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Anyone have directions? I've never been there. You keep going on 247 past Bessimer Mine Rd right?