Updates....

Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Re: Updates....

Post by Becks_Bronco »

VintageIronFab wrote:Hopefully the aftermarket can make a squared off flare you rivet on to fix the JC Whitney rounded opening look. It’s very obvious the design team was on the low rung because sorry this is a shitty nod to the early bronco look- in fact it’s a poor version of a shittier truck. Sorry a 4cyl with zero performance or the ability to modify to become a performer is well a lame $50k attempt! Rather own a Gladiator!
Well, it's a 2.3L DI turbo engine, making 270hp and 310ft/lbs of torque. It has a load of aftermarket support already, and more coming. With a tune and some tweaks to the exhaust and intake, these things can easily hit 400hp on the factory turbo and fuel system. I wouldn't exactly call that zero performance or ability to modify. It's essentially the same engine that comes in the ST, and those guys are making some stupid numbers.

I happen to think it harkens very nicely to the original small broncos, and i love that it could be offered in an XL trim with basic interior and steel wheels with a rear locker. If i can get it equipped like my brother's XL Ranger for the same price point, or similar, i'll buy one.

Have you driven one of the new Rangers? They're fantastic little trucks.

toddz69

Post by toddz69 »

That's a good looking build! Love the steelies.

Todd Z.
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Two new Broncos
Based on newest youtube views
1) Similar to the traditional EB based on the Escape Called the "Sport"
106.7" WB. 1.5 & 2.0 i4 Ecoboost
2) The full size called "Bronco" based on the new Ranger will have the 2.7 Ecoboost and probably the I4 2.3 Ecoboost.
However Ford has a whole collection of motors that would work in this Bronco.
2 doors and 4 doors and all the normal stuff that Jeep offers.
If you are into trick twin turbos motors then then you will be comfortable with motor choices
If you are a diehard V8 loud exhaust person then you will be disappointed. Maybe someday?
Maybe they might offer a conventional auto trans instead of the 10 speed for the diehard off road choice?
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

PaulW wrote:Two new Broncos
Based on newest youtube views
1) Similar to the traditional EB based on the Escape Called the "Sport"
106.7" WB. 1.5 & 2.0 i4 Ecoboost
2) The full size called "Bronco" based on the new Ranger will have the 2.7 Ecoboost and probably the I4 2.3 Ecoboost.
However Ford has a whole collection of motors that would work in this Bronco.
2 doors and 4 doors and all the normal stuff that Jeep offers.
If you are into trick twin turbos motors then then you will be comfortable with motor choices
If you are a diehard V8 loud exhaust person then you will be disappointed. Maybe someday?
Maybe they might offer a conventional auto trans instead of the 10 speed for the diehard off road choice?
Rob was saying there will very likely be a special edition (raptor?) available with the 5.0, however i think even the 2.7L twin eco bests it in the numbers.
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

When the real Raptor gets V8 then maybe a Bronco will?. Don't hold your breath.
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

I'm not, v8 days are numbered. Newer lighter vehicles with small quick spool turbo's are the norm.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Updates....

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I've driven a 6.2 raptor and an ecoboost raptor. I feel the ecoboost is quicker.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Pickuptrucker
Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

Becks_Bronco wrote:
VintageIronFab wrote:Hopefully the aftermarket can make a squared off flare you rivet on to fix the JC Whitney rounded opening look. It’s very obvious the design team was on the low rung because sorry this is a shitty nod to the early bronco look- in fact it’s a poor version of a shittier truck. Sorry a 4cyl with zero performance or the ability to modify to become a performer is well a lame $50k attempt! Rather own a Gladiator!
Well, it's a 2.3L DI turbo engine, making 270hp and 310ft/lbs of torque. It has a load of aftermarket support already, and more coming. With a tune and some tweaks to the exhaust and intake, these things can easily hit 400hp on the factory turbo and fuel system. I wouldn't exactly call that zero performance or ability to modify. It's essentially the same engine that comes in the ST, and those guys are making some stupid numbers.

I happen to think it harkens very nicely to the original small broncos, and i love that it could be offered in an XL trim with basic interior and steel wheels with a rear locker. If i can get it equipped like my brother's XL Ranger for the same price point, or similar, i'll buy one.

Have you driven one of the new Rangers? They're fantastic little trucks.

I'm on the same page as you, base appearance for durability and it really does have plenty of power. The only reason I would want a v8 is because direct injection and turbo seems like it. Could be problematic long term. Then again, the coyote is not exactly simple either.
24hours
Bronco Info: looking for a white, ex-police 5.8 with brown interior (Found!) 1996, 5.8 XL

Post by 24hours »

Well 35”s from the factory is pretty sweet even if it’s not a V8 Raptor with a shell...
Pickuptrucker
Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

Looks pretty rad to me. Not sure I would let go of my fullsize for it, but if I ever buy a newer wagon that would be it
24hours
Bronco Info: looking for a white, ex-police 5.8 with brown interior (Found!) 1996, 5.8 XL

Post by 24hours »

I agree. I really wanted to not like it per my previous post, but I can honestly say that if I were in the market for a Jeep type ride, I’d buy a Bronco over a Jeep. I’m not going to get rid of my 96 FSB for one though.
DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Post by DMbronco »

Lots of footage and info here; I think they're bitchen- of course in 2 doors!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onsPobKT6xc

Locking diffs, 35s and beadlocks available, i dig

more details here

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/da ... eup_HR.pdf
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Another video and article I saw last night.

I've never been all over newer vehicles, but I at least don't hate the looks as much as I thought I was going to, and the look and overall concept of these appeals to me much more than most current SUVs on the market for sure.
https://apple.news/AZsOADYuTTz-s1bZxjTo9hg
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Stumbled across these videos tonight. They definitely upped my appreciation for the new broncos. To see the thing do the Hells Revenge trail in stock form was pretty impressive. I just did that trail last month (about 5 days after the video was shot coincidentally) so it's fresh in my head how nuts some of that stuff is.

To see a pretty impressive climb for a stocker start about the 12 min. mark on this one. You'll see a pretty nifty new ranger do it first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx34Tbefh4A

This vid shows some of the capabilities or settings to do certain things. It's a semi cool rundown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf2n_F1Hbk
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Now if I could just get some Alcoa looking rims for one......
toddz69

Post by toddz69 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:59 pm
Stumbled across these videos tonight. They definitely upped my appreciation for the new broncos. To see the thing do the Hells Revenge trail in stock form was pretty impressive. I just did that trail last month (about 5 days after the video was shot coincidentally) so it's fresh in my head how nuts some of that stuff is.

To see a pretty impressive climb for a stocker start about the 12 min. mark on this one. You'll see a pretty nifty new ranger do it first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx34Tbefh4A

This vid shows some of the capabilities or settings to do certain things. It's a semi cool rundown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf2n_F1Hbk
The Ranger is Vaughn Gitten Jr's rig - very impressive in action. I was along on some rides with it at EJS this year. Loren Healy can 'wheel the heck out of the new Bronco.

Todd Z.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

toddz69 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 12:44 pm
The Ranger is Vaughn Gitten Jr's rig - very impressive in action. I was along on some rides with it at EJS this year. Loren Healy can 'wheel the heck out of the new Bronco.

Todd Z.
Yup. They talk briefly about the ranger in that vid, and that Vid was shot at EJS I believe. I got into town the following Sunday when things had quieted back down.
Sounds like they got the ranger to do suspension setup and testing etc. on as the bronco was going to be on the same platform so as soon as Vaughn's bronco comes in they can throw suspension on it and release a suspension kit.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Some rambling comments from a Bronco nut.
Hells Revenge. Success is all about driver/spotter to do it safely. it has been done in the beginning in military Jeeps. Nothing special. Nowadays with the heavier rigs with lockers and a lower gear are favored. There have been some bad incidents. For sure it is intimidating especially at the top where a precise turn is required. 99% of the time a spotter is used. All my trips up have had a spotter all the way from the bottom to the top.
The guys that do it solo have lots of experience, previously done it dozens of times. Bronco videos probably use the seasoned drivers.
Bottom line any 4x4 can successfully drive it. It I note wheelbase dependent.
It is true that 3 EBs/D20/302/sticks needed a strap to get to the top. Yes, tired, and rough looking rigs. I stood at the top and watched.

The Pothole. Success is simply wheelbase. Skill level is moderate. The two doors seldom have success, and the 4 doors just walk up the thing. My TJ unlimited had to have a strap (103.4"WB). Several in the crowd predicted my failure. '07 thru '21 4 door Jeeps are 116-118.4",2/4 door. New Broncos are 100.4/116.1 - 2 /4 door
Bottom line it takes the long wheelbase as they just drive right up the thing. Spotter about 5-10% of the time for a 4 door. Newbies usually prefer a spotter (like me).

Anyway, it is a lot of fun to stand around and watch how it goes for each rig. Every drive has some different paths, and some do stops and restarts to correct the line. Automatic rigs see to be the best choice. However, I did observe several a stick shift rigs that when worked fine. Pretty rare.
== == =

The latest roomers are that the Bronco will get the tame 5.0 V8 in 2023MY when they introduce the Raptor Bronco. Probably later than the real Raptor V8 which is rumored to use the max power Mustang 500 supercharged unit supposedly later this year.
BTW, the Raptor setup because of the ecu programming and suspension are not preferred for th Moab/Farmington/Aztec crowd where the obstacles require hard core rigs. Speed is not part of the requirement.

All this is because the Jeep 392 V8 is now being sold. Trouble is the tame 5.0 cannot produce the power the 392 does.

Roomer bottom line is Ford is having difficulty keeping up and seems to be 2-3 years behind their prime rival.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Just seen a new Bronco here in Shitoria (Victoria). A burnt Orange / Bronze? one coming the other way, with the big alloys and tyres on it. First one I've seen downunder.