Alleged Ford Designer Drops Juicy Details On New Bronco And Ranger On Reddit

Info on the upcoming 2015 Bronco
trophyFJ
Bronco Info: I'm building a FJC with TTB front suspension, 4-link and a Ls3.....came here to do research. Thanks

Post by trophyFJ »

hope they dont miss the whole point...

but reading the story I can see the corporate reasoning for these potential "dumb" ideas.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/alleged-f ... 1791025337
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Alleged Ford Designer Drops Juicy Details On New Bronco And Ranger On Reddit

Post by SteveG »

I'm holding out hope. Ford has a pretty good history when it comes to hotrod trucks... the Lightning was bad ass. They absolutely nailed it with the Raptor... only time will tell.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Alleged Ford Designer Drops Juicy Details On New Bronco And Ranger On Reddit

Post by SteveG »

Thanks for the link.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

Please I hope that's not it! That's fugly, reminds me of yota or nassan. KEEP YOUR IMPORTS , BRING BACK THE AMERICAN BRONCO!........ that's made in Mexico or most of the parts.... BRING BaCk The NORTH/SOUTH AMERICAN BROnco?!?!!
I'M ALL JACKED UP ON MOUNTIN DEWwwwww!
mounty71
Bronco Info: Mercury Mountaineer

Post by mounty71 »

On one hand it really wouldn't surprise me if it's what that article is describing. Car enthusiasts have been let down many times before when a production vehicle doesn't live up to the hype created in the concept and development stages. But then on the other hand, the current Explorer was such a huge departure from the original Explorer that I feel like Ford wouldn't want to do that again, especially since they've said they're aiming at the Wrangler as a competitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pickuptrucker
Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

Gosh that thing is gay
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Ford went thru this once before big bronco to Explorer. The reasons were because they wanted to make a profit.
It is a huge task to go up against a Wrangler. What I expect it an IFS, solid top, 4 door, automatic and maybe a 2 door because that fills in a void. The people are buying SUVs not rock crawlers as evidence by the Wrangler and many other brand sales. It will look cool and the initial sales will be good.
So far the solid axle Wrangler works pretty good on the highway so that option cannot be ruled out. However they keep testing IFS.
In any event I would not expect to see the vehicle to have F150 or stronger drive train. In that event the vehicle will result in a profit loss for Ford.
What happened to the new Australian design?
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Everyone seems to be looking to be mad about this. I don't really care as long as it's cab on frame, capable and has decent options for the power plant I'll be buying one.

Broncos weren't always full size, they were straight axles and ifs through the years, drivetrains got crappier as time went on and if you really break it down from the first model to last the top wasn't removable in the 92-96. Nothing about broncos has been consistent except they had potential to be capable and the owners loved them. I don't doubt it will be cool rig if. If not, oh well. I just don't want to wait 2 more years to find out haha

damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

Paul,
I would look to the Australian version as it is due for a remake in Australia. They come with diesel power plants down there and we may see a diesel stateside.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

damon1272 wrote:Paul,
I would look to the Australian version as it is due for a remake in Australia. They come with diesel power plants down there and we may see a diesel stateside.
IF it is DESIGNED in Aus, it certainly WON'T be built here. All local manufacture and design has finished. Ford is just an importer form OS here in Aus now.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

I cant edit the above post, so I'll make a correction. The "new" Bronco will based on the asian Ford Ranger/Mazda BT-50. There already is a wagon version of this in Aus, so a "Bronco" will be a shortened possibly 2 door version. Our Ranger/BT-50 isn't a anything like a "great" off-roader, more like a "soft-roader". The US version will be a gas V6, no diesels, with a Ecoboost 4 cyl. option. So, basically a 2 door Explorer.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

Frankly, if it is NOT based on the Raptor platform, like the one below, it AIN'T a Bronco!
landscape-1464285572-2020-fordsvt-bronco-2dr-blue.jpeg
landscape-1464285572-2020-fordsvt-bronco-2dr-blue.jpeg (126.62 KiB) Viewed 4606 times
THIS is a BRONCO. Anything else is a faggot-mobile. Yes, you can quote me. Full size, or nothing.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

Not full size, faggot mobile?
ImageImage

AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

CS, you are taking it out of context here. We are discussing 4TH GEN, not the older 1ST, 2ND and 3RD GEN versions we are used to Broncos. 2ND and 3RD GEN broncos are full size truck based, so lets keep it in the family. If the nameplate gets put on an asian built poser "soft-roader" SUV faggot-mobile and called a "Bronco", then yes, it IS a faggot-mobile. I do NOT class the bronco II as a "Bronco". It's another idiot wanna-be red-headed stepchild poser like the mustang II, in name only. IF the idea of something like a 1ST GEN Toyota RAV4 badged as a "Bronco" is on the cards, I'll call it what it is.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

I mis understood your statement maybe. I also was referring to a bunch of negativity I've heard here and elsewhere saying if it does have this or that it's not a bronco.

I'm with Steve, Ford recently has been putting out great stuff.

As for your comment on the bronco 2, I guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree. It has all the merits of a bronco just smaller.

Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

It's probably going to be 4 door just like everything else. Trucks, jeeps, SUVs. Everyone is going to 4 door cause they sell the best :(
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

All I know is it better be up to the EB standard or the FSB standard or Ford can suck it!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

^^^^ Like^^^^