New Bronco from the factory??

Info on the upcoming 2015 Bronco
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: New Bronco from the factory??

Post by Travisfab »

The concept is almost a decade old, I'll believe it when I see it!
guard
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by guard »

Travisfab wrote:The concept is almost a decade old, I'll believe it when I see it!
This
bajabuck
Bronco Info: 87 Bronco with some Autofab parts held on with bailing wire and duct tape

Post by bajabuck »

Rmc wrote:Interesting. What would you guys prefere the body style modled after the 60/70 or the raptor style? Found this photo shop version a couple years ago. But either way it would be very cool if they re-released it.
Too bad Ford didn't go with a Raptor based concept. A Braaaptor! Instead they are bringing back a bobtail retro thing to compete with Jeep. Hope it looks better in person than in the photos.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Looks like a new Moss Brothers Racing Bronco with the 5.0 Coyote engine.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

flyinbronco wrote:Looks like a new Moss Brothers Racing Bronco with the 5.0 Coyote engine.
Good, because a solid axle will never work in the desert! :lol:
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:
flyinbronco wrote:Looks like a new Moss Brothers Racing Bronco with the 5.0 Coyote engine.
Good, because a solid axle will never work in the desert! :lol:
True that!
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Best one so far. The back needs to be a slanted a little more.
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Its interesting that we all think full size and the market is proven to be downsize. Example Wrangler. Mostly D30 axles with one option for d44 axles and a wimpy 4.0 now 3.6 motor.
So That is why I think F series Bronco is DOA. A new Bronco could make money for Ford if it competed with Wrangler using - say an Escape drive train with an 1600/1800 Twin turbo motor.
Of course they ran that design concept up to management before and the answer was no way.

Hmmm, They could downsize Raptor and probably out sell what I describe above, but what would that do to real Raptor sales?
Making profit on a new model requires very large sales numbers and that means the vehicle has to have general population desire, not hard core desire. And once again the Wrangler profile. The huge sales of Wrangler is for people who want a cute daily driver. And the majority of them bitch about 15mpg and never use 4wd or even drive on dirt roads because the rig will not stay clean. (Good thing because most all Wranglers come with street tires). So there you go for a new Bronco image as seen by the money guys.
PW
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I don't want them to re-introduce the Bronco. There....I said it. It went out on top, and it will always be a legend. If you want a new bronco, buy a 96. If they bring it back now they will just screw up the name because they have to cater to what the general public wants, and the general public is a bunch of chi-latte sipping sissys!
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:I don't want them to re-introduce the Bronco. There....I said it. It went out on top, and it will always be a legend. If you want a new bronco, buy a 96. If they bring it back now they will just screw up the name because they have to cater to what the general public wants, and the general public is a bunch of chi-latte sipping sissys!
I'd like to see it come back but honestly you're probably right about it going out on top. I honestly doubt that it would have a removable top if they brought it back. The new rollover standards would make it hard for it to have a removable top. What would be cool would be a Bronco that's designed like an Early Bronco for the masses but wider than a Wrangler for more stability and give it a solid front Dana 44 axle or even better, the return of the TTB.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:....and the general public is a bunch of chi-latte sipping sissys!
That's right!!!
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Amen Eric! Preach on brother!
jjconn
Bronco Info: 1995 5.0, 6"JBG prerunner

Post by jjconn »

The bronco was a no show in Detroit. It's better this way.
Dust
Bronco Info: Go Slow Ford's From 1957 to 1994

Post by Dust »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:I don't want them to re-introduce the Bronco. There....I said it. It went out on top, and it will always be a legend. If you want a new bronco, buy a 79. If they bring it back now they will just screw up the name because they have to cater to what the general public wants, and the general public is a bunch of chi-latte sipping sissys!
All this with one minor change ;)
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Just got back from the Bronco Super Celebration West in Buena Vista CO. Yes, another award for my EB.
Lots of Broncos. Mostly EBs but plenty of full size like the ones favored by most on this forum.
Two 21 Broncos on display, a Sport (SUV) and a Badlands manual with the ecoboost 4 cyl.
Anyway, they are selling a Go Fast version called Wildtrak and a rock crawling one called Badlands. Get your reservation to buy one that will not need fabrication or modifications we are used to. 2 doors and 4 doors both have the same specs we are all interested in.
Who has one reserved like Chris and Paul?
Unsure check the web for the images and the details
Here are a couple of starter links
https://community.thebronconation.com/2 ... ad-lovell/

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/da ... rstedition
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

I will probably buy one, but not the first year.
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

BDKW1 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:49 am
I will probably buy one, but not the first year.
===
Yes it is a serious consideration that first year is not good. However The truck will come with a proven drive train and one of the most reliable with the 2.7/10 speed. But there are other issues to consider, like the electronics and other unique specific Bronco items.
So wait may be a good plan. However when I made my reservation I was the last of 10,463,226 reservations. That means even with a huge number of cancellations I will probably get a rig a year from now, or later, and it may even be called a 21, but in reality it will be near the beginning or middle of the second year of production.
Conclusion order now and wait.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

My reasoning is that like the Raptor when it first came out they will be scarce on the lots and bring above sticker prices. I want to be able to order one with the options I want, not some package deal. I pretty much hate al the rims that they come with. Also do not want all the fancy electronic driving aid BS that comes with the packages.

I want
2 door
2.3/stick
low gears and lockers with steelie wheels to drive it off the lot and get real tires.
heated seats.

Everything else can pound sand.
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

I cannot tell how to get about heated seats, but I think they are universally available.
Order Sasquatch with the required suspension for tall tires/gears. Sell the beadlock ready rims and 35" tires probably make a profit.
You will still get many things you may not want because ford has to sell to the general users.
BTW, there is a list available for dealers the guarantee no markup above list and also some that offer X plan for a discount. Then there is a list of dealers with no negotiation policy that is always a price below list price.
DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Post by DMbronco »