Maybe a new sub topic?
Here it the first link I found
http://gearheads.org/the-2015-ford-bronco/
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: New Bronco from the factory??

Post by Rmc »

Interesting. What would you guys prefere the body style modled after the 60/70 or the raptor style? Found this photo shop version a couple years ago. But either way it would be very cool if they re-released it.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (95.06 KiB) Viewed 4207 times
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

I dont like the new EB look...
93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

if one comes out, my dad promised to buy the first one that gets shipped to a dealership in Huntington beach!!! im stoked!!!
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Me either, It's hard to pull off new versions of old models although dodge did it pretty well with the challenger and ford did with the newest mustang. It's just not an easy thing to do in my opinion. I would prefere the raptor stylings or the f150. Either would better fit and cost ford less to produce due to already being tooled up for it. I just hope for fords sake it's not 60k like the raptor.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I don't think a raptor based bronco would sell well due to only having 2 doors. Look at the number of crew cab raptors compared to extended cabs, and even the extended cabs have "easy" rear seat access. These days if it has a rear seat, it needs four doors....I hate to admit it, but I myself am guilty of that offense on something I need to use everyday. The early model would do well I think just due to the following the early bronco has, and if it is a capable vehicle, it gas a shot a a chunk of the wrangler market. But again, look at the number of 4 door wranglers sold vs. the 2 door. It would have to be convertible though. I think Ford should build something 4 door similar in size, function, and capability to the wrangler, but don't taint the bronco name.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:I don't think a raptor based bronco would sell well due to only having 2 doors. Look at the number of crew cab raptors compared to extended cabs, and even the extended cabs have "easy" rear seat access. These days if it has a rear seat, it needs four doors....I hate to admit it, but I myself am guilty of that offense on something I need to use everyday. The early model would do well I think just due to the following the early bronco has, and if it is a capable vehicle, it gas a shot a a chunk of the wrangler market. But again, look at the number of 4 door wranglers sold vs. the 2 door. It would have to be convertible though. I think Ford should build something 4 door similar in size, function, and capability to the wrangler, but don't taint the bronco name.
* it has a shot at a chunk*
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

The best idea would be to create a SVT version of the Expedition SWB using off the shelf raptor parts. Give it the Bronco name to separate it from regular Expeditions. A four door SUV like this would sell well. Even better if it had the diesel and Ecoboost engine options.

The only cost for Ford would then be crash/mpg testing and whatnot.

Two door SWB vehicles are unlikely to happen due to rollover risk and lack of rear seat access.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I agree that new EB is kinda fugly. 2 door raptor one is much better looking, but like mentioned above it would have a tough time selling.

I'd love it if Ford made a real truck based SUV again. One with 4 doors & the expeditions overall size would be GREAT. Problem is guys like me (us?) are a very small percentage of the market, so they won't build it & we're stuck with oversize minivans / chick SUVs toted as real SUVs.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I agree that new EB is kinda fugly. 2 door raptor one is much better looking, but like mentioned above it would have a tough time selling.

I'd love it if Ford made a real truck based SUV again. One with 4 doors & the expeditions overall size would be GREAT. Problem is guys like me (us?) are a very small percentage of the market, so they won't build it & we're stuck with oversize minivans / chick SUVs toted as real SUVs.
Lol like someone has confused the " sport" in SUV for sissified I'm mean crossover. At least a station wagon has always stayed true to its roots.

I agree with you guys though like a new expedition with 4 doors, raptor suspension, and Eco boost or small desiel would be rad too. The 4 door wrangler has crushed that area of the market.
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

philofab wrote:The best idea would be to create a SVT version of the Expedition SWB using off the shelf raptor parts. Give it the Bronco name to separate it from regular Expeditions. A four door SUV like this would sell well. Even better if it had the diesel and Ecoboost engine options.

The only cost for Ford would then be crash/mpg testing and whatnot.

Two door SWB vehicles are unlikely to happen due to rollover risk and lack of rear seat access.
This has the closest chance but then they would have to either make the IRS work or convert it to a straight axle but then modification to the floor would have to take place. Either way if it is not bolt on it will not happen. The Bronco concept is dead within Ford plain and simple. Not enough people to make it viable on a wide range and seeing as the FJ is only moderately successful and soon to be canceled the EB Bronco will not happen.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Chrysler is getting like 40k plus for their 4 door jeeps. And that's with factory suspension. People dump another 15k in for suspension and bigger tires. Would a super offroad 4 door ford SUV be popular? No clue. But the raptor sure seems to be.
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

I expect a rig that competes with entry level Wrangler. Small motor IFS, solid rear, automatic. IFS because it exists and requires no engineering, solid rear so keep it cheep. Maybe a Turbo option? For sure 2 and 4 door.
Success it questionable since the Wrangler sets such a high level of acceptance. They could sell enough to last for a few years bought the mall cruiser crowd.
New Wrangler will have the IFS and roomer diesel which I do not believe due to weight and a new EPA category.
The hard core guys will beat the thing to death when specs arrive. Same story for the IFS Wrangler.
Nobody likes changes. The status quo is what sells.
PW
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

PaulW wrote: New Wrangler will have the IFS and roomer diesel which I do not believe due to weight and a new EPA category.
The hard core guys will beat the thing to death when specs arrive. Same story for the IFS Wrangler.
PW

New Wrangler won't be IFS but the next redesign might be. The new one will still be a solid axle Wrangler. Everyone thinks this is true because some auto journalist claimed this to be true by speculating on a Jeep executive's lack of commenting at the question. I wrote a story on that to see what a few magazine editors thought about it.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1310-ne ... -debunked/
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

It would be cool if they did a Go Fast version but it wouldn't sell nearly as well as something that'seant for the average consumer. I doubt they'll use the current EB concept they have but it if they did build it it would likely be very similar to a JK. It would have to be somewhat fuel efficient for the masses. Maybe a 2.3L ecoboost and an optional 5.0L V-8 would be the ticket to success with this.

Here's a photoshop I did on what I think Ford should build as the new Bronco basing it off an F250 Super Duty.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (86.01 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Agui-E7TE wrote:
PaulW wrote: The story I read had to do with the procurement of the IFS parts that supposedly was underway now.
=================
New Wrangler will have the IFS and roomer diesel which I do not believe due to weight and a new EPA category.
PW

New Wrangler won't be IFS but the next redesign might be. The new one will still be a solid axle Wrangler. Everyone thinks this is true because some auto journalist claimed this to be true by speculating on a Jeep executive's lack of commenting at the question. I wrote a story on that to see what a few magazine editors thought about it.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1310-ne ... -debunked/
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

After it is all said and speculated -- IMO that project for a New Bronco is DOA.
Especially considering that Toyota is supposedly abandoning the FJ. Why -- Cannot sell enough to make a profit. Especially since a lot of then had structural problems that cost about half the price of the new vehicle to fix.
PW
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Clearly your pretty handy with photo shop lol that thing looks good!
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

One has to consider that the concept vehicle shown was based on the Escape model. Ford has no interest in doing a modern day Bronco. It will not generate enough revenue. The Raptor was slated for sales of 7200 a year at full production. Currently they are at 22,000 a year. A raging success by Ford standards considering all of the changes are bolt on. BRinging back retro models can be risky business, just think the last version of the T-Bird.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

T bird and the zephyr both flopped pretty hard.