It's on the way.....

DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

It's on the way.....

Post by DMbronco »

Reposted from the WHATEVER section to get this subforum going:

My little pony updates, I ended up placing my order in October and received word the bronco rolled off the assembly line last Monday.

Estimated delivery is 12/21-12/27 so I'll be stoked to see it.

After having all the extra time to go over packaging and some of the new options, I moved from original idea of base, strippy with the Sasquatch package for lockers, proper gearing/ calibration for 35s etc. to a higher trim level. for reference, that plan would have had me in the 44kish range with a 4 banger.

I have read about guys having issues with tie rods, then replacing them with stronger versions, and pushing that stress upstream and shitcanning steering racks. That doesn't sound like much fun.

Although this is not going to be my primary wheeling rig, especially for the hard, high speed stuff, this truck will be part of my longer range package, as I will be able to flat tow it behind my one ton and slide in. Curb weight should be in the 4200-4400lb range. Wheelbase is 100.4".
It will see duty as more of an exploring rig than an adrenaline inducer like my 96. That being said, I know myself and want to dummy proof where I can. BC I am a dummy.

So, Ford drops the new Bronco raptor, and with it, an upgraded steering rack and tie rods to handle the 37s it comes with. Part of what they call HOSS 4.0 which also includes 3.0" diameter FOX IBP shocks on all 4 corners, plus upgraded front bumper and skids.

Of course, no way I am dropping 100k + on a bronco, and have no interest in a 4 door bronco (blasphemy!) but I catch wind about this HOSS 3.0 package Ford is offering with the Wildtrak trim level.
All other sasquatch broncos come with the HOSS 2.0 package which means 2.0" diameter billystein shocks.

HOSS 3.0 comes with the same upgraded steering rack and tie rods (shorter but upgraded) as the Raptor version , and 2.5" FOX IBP all the way around. Upgraded front bumper, and skidplates. And that sounded pretty damned nice. For 2023, it's included with the Wildtrak with no 2500.00 upgrade addition like they had for 2022 year. Wildtrak also includes the 2.7l V6 and that was something I kinda wanted after driving both the 4 banger and a 6cyl on test drives.

So, I ended up with a 2023, 2 door Wildtrak in Oxford White, 2.7l V6, 10 speed auto, HOSS 3.0 w beefy steering rack and tie rods, 2.5" Fox IBPs, lockers front and rear, 35s with beadlock ready wheels, better steel front bumper with recovery points and skidplates, and mid level interior package so heated seats and nice stuff but not the super techy high level package. I'll be at 55k on invoice, no dealer markup.
wasn't that far off pricewise going with a base and adding the v6 and sasquatch. If ever you could spend 55 grand on a truck and feel like you got a steal, this is it hahahhaah.

White to match the truck and camper so I can be civilized and matchy....

Here's some pics of one that is identical to mine, plus the shot Ford sent me as mine left the assembly line (nice touch FORD!)

I'll keep you all posted on my impressions when it arrives, and of course I'll get some side by side shots of it with both the 96 and the 73 EB. And hooked up behind the old war wagon too

Hillbilly hacienda below

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: It's on the way.....

Post by Nick »

Nice!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Pickuptrucker
Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

sweet
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

She's here.

About 80 miles on it now so small sample size.

Rides noticeably better than the Sasquatch versions I test drove- the suspension feels great.

Plenty of power and shifts like butter. the 2.7l 6 feels ballsier than the same motor in my f150.
Fit and finish is superior to my truck as well.

Maybe only gripe is wind noise becomes noticeable above 80 even though the hard top is insulated.

Other than that, stoked. Thing is sure footed and it sure scoots.

Worth the wait; Bravo Ford!

DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

Pickuptrucker
Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

pretty cool
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

Absolutely LOVE them both!!!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Awesome!
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

no big updates. first 1700 miles on the clock and digging it.

got some factory sliders- cleaned up the pinch welds

DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

buddy just finished up his '71 project so we had to take a couple shots of them side by side

hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
toddz69

Post by toddz69 »

Very cool combo there!

Todd Z.
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

Great looking rigs!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.