4x4mafiajohn not a cool customer

Forum rules
Post your buying, selling and trading feedback here. Please report problems so that problem users will not abuse other members.

Users that have not held up their end of the bargain will be banned.
Seabass
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

4x4mafiajohn not a cool customer

Post by Seabass »

John bought a set of wheels from me last November and has yet to pay me. Yup 7 months ago. Gave the guy credit because he was on the forum and I had purchased something from him before. Been reminding him every once in a while and last couple messages aren't getting replies. Just want whats owed to me. No interest or returns. Don't need to drag john through the mud. Just want my cash.
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 4x4mafiajohn not a cool customer

Post by Travisfab »

Ban time!
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Travisfab wrote:Ban time!
Maybe after we get Seabass his $$$
95bronco12
Bronco Info: 1995 bronco 5.8 4inch lift on 33's

Post by 95bronco12 »

Hope this gets resolved I have wheeled and wrenched with John before and he is a good guy
Seabass

Post by Seabass »

95bronco12 wrote:Hope this gets resolved I have wheeled and wrenched with John before and he is a good guy
This really is the vibe I get from him but the timeline has gotten a little out of hand. I waited a long time to bring it up publicly.
Seabass

Post by Seabass »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Wtf
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Did he say he would buy them & never pick them up or pay, or did he take them & then never give money?

Either way I have little patience for flakey buyers so I'd be veeeerrry irritated by now, which I'm sure you are.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

If you agree to pay a price for something, you pick up that something, the story after don't matter....settle your flipping debt

If you have circumstances it is your responsibility to communicate with the person you owe
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

John if you read this give him my 6 bolt hubs to make it even. I don't need them. He can resell them to recoup some of the money. That should help both you guys out.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

robertcrav wrote:If you agree to pay a price for something, you pick up that something, the story after don't matter....settle your flipping debt

If you have circumstances it is your responsibility to communicate with the person you owe
Agreed. Communication is absolutely key. Regardless of how bad things get, ignoring debt just ain't the way to get things done.

I have no dog in this fight but I do know that not communicating accomplishes nothing and only creates bad blood.
Seabass

Post by Seabass »

No responses or attempt to make it right still.
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

I hate to be like this Seabass but it's honestly your own fault here. Not that you're a dick but because youre a good guy and gave the guy credit. Let this be a reminder-- it's not personal it's business--when I sell something I'm getting something in hand at the time of conveyance regardless of whoever it is unless it's free. Unfortunately I got burned a few years back on a CNC Plasma table I purchased for $5k via a personal check. Had I used a CC I wouldn't have lost a dime. Live and learn I guess but the moral is -- credit is for God and the government -- and since you ain't either-- everyone including your ass --pays cash!!! :-)
4x4_mafia_jon
Bronco Info: all stock on some 33s.. just crossed over from the rock crawler dackside

Post by 4x4_mafia_jon »

So.. to say my peace on this matter.

I sold these wheels to seabass. After speaking with him about them he mentioned he didn't need them anymore. I offered to buy them. Because of the distance between us I couldn't pick up. Then one day I get a text saying he was going through some shit at home and needed to pack his shit and leave. (More I could say but won't spill his stuff all over the internet) I asked him what that ment about the wheels. He said just come and get them and we would figure it out. After a few text back and forth he finally said "Come and get them cause they are going in the trash" trash?? Dude I put what little money I had and drove my beater dd to pick them up. Thinking there is no way he would want anything for them since he's throwing them away. By the time I got there they were like he said out for the scrap dude.

So is it 100 worth of scrap?? Not really.
I had them sitting at my house for a few months before I gave up hearing back about how much or if he wanted $$ for them. So I told a buddy he could have them. A month or so after giving them away. He tells me I owe him 100 for the trash I picked up. Sorry we had a misunderstanding. If you like pm me an address and I will send you something.