MSR / Mountain Safety Research

Forum rules
Post your buying, selling and trading feedback here. Please report problems so that problem users will not abuse other members.

Users that have not held up their end of the bargain will be banned.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

MSR / Mountain Safety Research

Post by SteveG »

Not exactly what this sub-forum was intended for but I like to point out good service when I see it.

I have a couple MSR White Gas stoves. On our last camping trip, one of them developed a leak, turned into a big ball of fire so I quickly scooped it off the wood table I was cooking on, threw it in the dirt and stomped the sh%# out of it then poured water on it. Needless to say, it was a wreck. A couple weeks ago I finally took it apart, straightened it and figured out the leak was coming from the rubber hose that was badly deteriorated. I was getting ready to cut it apart to replaced the hose when it occurred to me to check for a warranty. Sure enough, sit was still under warranty... submitted for an RMA, sent it in an within a couple weeks I had a brand new stove in my hands. An upgraded version at that. Great service, great product, great experience!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: MSR / Mountain Safety Research

Post by SteveG »

uploadfromtaptalk1394266112598.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seabass
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Post by Seabass »

Good to hear about good customer service. Thanks for sharing.
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Now I will have to dig my 30 year old one out and check the hose! Just how long was that warranty? Had a good chuckle envisioning the stomp and splash method.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Yeah, I felt pretty silly after. I probably could have gone with water alone but it was in a jug and I didn't have a means of delivering large quantities quickly so I defaulted to stomping and used a small water bottle to finish it off. I almost chucked it in the stream next to me but I really like the stove and didn't want feel like getting wet.... It was in pretty sad shape after I was done with it. It was a good thing we had a back up.

Check that hose. Mine was splitting from the inside out.

Warranty info: http://www.cascadedesigns.com/Service/W ... and-Repair
Most damaged Cascade Designs products can be repaired

In order to keep our products in use and out of the landfills, Cascade Designs offers a repair service. If you cannot repair your product, please return it to the Cascade Designs Service Center. If possible we will repair non-warranty damage at a fair rate. For North American customers, please contact our Customer Service Center below for details on current repair fees. For customers outside North America, please consult our International Distributor listings.