The Owyhee Mustang - Idaho Adventure Bronco

madmatt1
Bronco Info: 1995 White XLT, daily driven work in progress.

Re: The Owyhee Mustang - Idaho Adventure Bronco

Post by madmatt1 »

Here you can see how nicely the top panel meets up with the dash. Don't worry, I'll upholster or paint it whenever it's all filled up with stuff and not going to evolve any more.

***One thing I forgot to mention is that if you have a floor shifter, like I do, you will also have to bend the lever to clear the side panel.***

madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

Later into the summer, I decided I'd swap front springs between the F150 and Bronco so I could put the 35's on the Bronco. A set of adjustable camber bushings, alignment, and a bumper trim later....

Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

madmatt1 wrote:

Backtracking a couple posts.... Today all the stars aligned and it was sunny, and I took a lunch break. Here's the photos of the cargo area carpet I said I would take...
Hope that helps!

Awesome thanks!! I'll have to futz with my carpet, but it looks like your cargo area carpet hangs over more than mine. I might have gotten a funky piece lol. That or the fact i haven't pucnhed holes and mounted my rear seat brackets yet may have something to do with it.
madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

Late summer through mid fall is my favorite time of year in Idaho's high desert. By this point in time, I decided that I needed to spend as few weekends working on, and as many weekends enjoying the Bronco as possible. It's the time of year to be getting out exploring and camping. Up until this point, I had been spending most weekends on little odds and ends mechanical and electrical projects, rather than getting out and enjoying the fruits of my labor :lol:

Sometimes a nice relaxing getaway to your favorite camp spot is just the ticket to enjoy your efforts, as well as motivate you for bigger and better things!

RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

That looks like like a slice of heaven. Idaho is on my list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

RyanDS650X wrote:That looks like like a slice of heaven. Idaho is on my list.

It sure is! I'm in a pretty good location here to have quick access to LOTS of mountains and wilderness. The landscape, climate and wildlife throughout Idaho is pretty insanely varied.
Funny that you say that though, because there's lots of places in your state that are on MY list! For one, I have a borderline obsession with the Superstitions. I've watched all the shows about guys treasure hunting there and whatnot. :lol: Finally made my way down to Page a few months ago and went to Horseshoe Bend. THAT was amazing... Yep, Arizona is pretty awesome too!
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

madmatt1 wrote:
RyanDS650X wrote:That looks like like a slice of heaven. Idaho is on my list.

It sure is! I'm in a pretty good location here to have quick access to LOTS of mountains and wilderness. The landscape, climate and wildlife throughout Idaho is pretty insanely varied.
Funny that you say that though, because there's lots of places in your state that are on MY list! For one, I have a borderline obsession with the Superstitions. I've watched all the shows about guys treasure hunting there and whatnot. :lol: Finally made my way down to Page a few months ago and went to Horseshoe Bend. THAT was amazing... Yep, Arizona is pretty awesome too!
I live 15 minutes from the superstitions and I’m out there regularly hiking with the fam or scouting for mule deer. Arizona has a ton to offer the outdoorsmen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

Lately I've been buying suspension parts, and saving up to buy suspension parts. The itch to do some little projects start setting in after too much monotony of just going to work and back home.... Winter sucks. I start looking for little things I can get done on the truck while working around the fact that it's cold outside, and it gets dark early. My dash bezel (around the speedo) has been broken since I got the truck. MOST of the clips are broken. I pulled that area apart to take care of a few items. First, I'm sprucing up the speedometer itself.

I was surprised that the speedometer lens is still able to be ordered from Ford... I am a Ford parts advisor for work, so I get lots of time to look for odds and ends when it's slow. Probably will experiment with some cheap Amazon LED bulbs on this too. They only look this nice for a day or so! :lol: Thought I might as well get a photo to cherish the moment.
madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

New dash bezels are also still available from Ford, but only in one configuration. It's got the opening for the rear window switch (which is the fuel tank selector on trucks), manual transfer case, and no rear defrost opening. I found the aftermarket ones only come this way too. I guess I can either live without rear defrost, or relocate the little module. For now, I'm not worried about it!

Nothing quite like OEM parts for your old truck!
madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

Yesterday morning after putting the dash back together, I went out for what was intended to be a short drive. Next thing I knew, I was a few hours into the desert exploring some areas I've never been to. Had I have planned better, I'd have made a weekend out of it and done some camping...
This area is referred to as the "Morley Nelson Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area". There's about 500,000 acres of BLM land to explore. A combination of sagebrush desert, river canyons, and National Guard combat training areas. It's really an easy place to spend the day aimlessly driving around, and has all sorts of terrain to choose from for off-roading adventures! I definitely need to figure out something to serve as a GPS for places like this, though.

madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

Mud is one of those unavoidable evils when wheeling alongside the river.... This afternoon was a busy one pressure washing the under body :(

mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

Post by mobil1syn »

mountain home, ID is a gateway to some cool places based on the map.

that camping picture is amazing.
entity-unknown
Bronco Info: 87 Bronco 302 HO w/ MAF/AOD owned since 2001.

Post by entity-unknown »

I really enjoyed your story and creative writing so far. It won't end until you die or sell it tho :)
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

madmatt1 wrote: I was surprised that the speedometer lens is still able to be ordered from Ford... I am a Ford parts advisor for work, so I get lots of time to look for odds and ends when it's slow. Probably will experiment with some cheap Amazon LED bulbs on this too. They only look this nice for a day or so! :lol: Thought I might as well get a photo to cherish the moment.
what else is still available? Interior wise? lol
madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

Becks_Bronco wrote:
madmatt1 wrote: I was surprised that the speedometer lens is still able to be ordered from Ford... I am a Ford parts advisor for work, so I get lots of time to look for odds and ends when it's slow. Probably will experiment with some cheap Amazon LED bulbs on this too. They only look this nice for a day or so! :lol: Thought I might as well get a photo to cherish the moment.
what else is still available? Interior wise? lol
Oh, not a whole lot these days! The only other items I think I've bought for the interior, from Ford, was a dome lamp & rear window switch... :lol:
madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

Oh! Transfer case shift lever boot / bezel as well.
madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

entity-unknown wrote:I really enjoyed your story and creative writing so far. It won't end until you die or sell it tho :)

Thank you! No, it's far from over. It's just barely begun! :lol:
madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

mobil1syn wrote:mountain home, ID is a gateway to some cool places based on the map.

that camping picture is amazing.
It is, I am lucky to be so close to so many amazing places. Admittedly, when I moved to Idaho I was really hoping to find a good job in Boise as I do enjoy a bit of a social life and the conveniences the city has to offer. It didn't pan out that way, and since then, Boise has become way out of my price range. Apparently that's the, or one of the fastest growing places in the country. I think the last 4 years in Mountain Home has turned me into (more of) a weird old hermit! Ride the wave until it breaks, I guess.... :lol:
madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

As I've mentioned, this winter I've been concentrating on collecting the rest of my desired suspension components. As if it was predestined, my tax return was the exact same amount of money as a set of King 3-tubes, so finally I have a set of front and rear shocks!

madmatt1

Post by madmatt1 »

And yes, I have one more of each... like a full set... :lol: