Nate's 95 #2 Back In The Saddle

Needles929
Bronco Info: 95 Part Deux

Post by Needles929 »

Hey guys!

Finally got around to getting another Bronco. Took a while but I'm pleased with the deal I made. It needs quite a bit of routine maintenance but I figured that into the purchase. Goal for this one is pretty simple as I want my son to participate in the whole build. His high school engineering class has a career project that they can work on all four years. It's really cool! They turn in a "Problem, Cause, Effect, Solution" task each week related to something on whatever they choose as a project. Obviously, we decided to use the Bronco as this project. Every upgrade or fix completed will be one of his tasks and he'll need to explain the "why".

I guess it's time to start the wish list again!

95 typical white. 5.0L, manual tcase, manual hubs, 35's, small bracket lift. Has pretty cool bumpers, rack, and custom center console.
image-2019-05-21.jpg
image-2019-05-21.jpg (71.63 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
image-2019-05-21 (1).jpg
image-2019-05-21 (1).jpg (64.01 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
95 Part Deux. Starting from scratch.
redrdr67
Bronco Info: 1999 F350, 1999 E350, 1995 F150 2WD

Re: Nate's 95 #2 Back In The Saddle

Post by redrdr67 »

Nice find! Congrats on the purchase. But I'm more happy for you and your son to hear about his high school and that they're actually teaching a real life long lesson.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'll second that on the engineering class. I WISH all the work I was doing on my truck in high school would have 1) Been counted in any way, shape or form toward school and 2) would have had anything other than "why are you wasting your time and money on THAT??? from my parents!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Needles929

Post by Needles929 »

Yes! I was very happy about this class. They even get credit for any related class when working on the project. For example: If he is taking welding and makes a bracket for the project, then he gets credit in both classes. He's completed the "Intro to Engineering" class and can now choose his project.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Welding in High School??? I wish on that too! We had nothing remotely like a shop class of any sort at my HS. I ended up taking welding as a "directed elective" in college instead of some art class or whatever I was really supposed to be doing. Then I took a couple more for fun at a local community college after I graduated (along with a mill/lathe class) for fun. Glad I did on all of the above - I loved it! Your son is getting a head start for sure.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Nate and I live in the same city and the high schools welding/automotive shops are state of the art. In the last few year they have all undergone massive remodels with some really awesome equipment. Glad to hear your boy has taken an interest Nate!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Needles929

Post by Needles929 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Welding in High School??? I wish on that too! We had nothing remotely like a shop class of any sort at my HS. I ended up taking welding as a "directed elective" in college instead of some art class or whatever I was really supposed to be doing. Then I took a couple more for fun at a local community college after I graduated (along with a mill/lathe class) for fun. Glad I did on all of the above - I loved it! Your son is getting a head start for sure.
Dang man, that really stinks. I'm from Iowa and graduated in '97. We had welding, automotive, and machine shop in our HS.
Needles929

Post by Needles929 »

RyanDS650X wrote:Nate and I live in the same city and the high schools welding/automotive shops are state of the art. In the last few year they have all undergone massive remodels with some really awesome equipment. Glad to hear your boy has taken an interest Nate!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Right! These kids have 3D printers and everything! It's funny because he's really not mechanically inclined even though I have him help me with almost everything. He's just really curious about how things work and constantly pointing out "Why wouldn't they have done it this way??"

Love it!
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Post by biggiek »

Looks nice and glad to see him taking an interest. I live in the same are as both of you and neither was offered almost 15 years ago when I was you son's age so kind of jealous!
Needles929

Post by Needles929 »

biggiek wrote:Looks nice and glad to see him taking an interest. I live in the same are as both of you and neither was offered almost 15 years ago when I was you son's age so kind of jealous!
Hey Biggiek! I saw you the other day on Gilbert, just South of Baseline. Plate kind of gave it away! LOL
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

Nice find! And I’m super jealous about his school! My friggen high school here in San Diego didn’t even have a basic auto shop or woodworking class. I mean I spent every weekend messing with my cars anyway, but it would’ve been nice to get school credit for it so my parents wouldn’t have been on my ass for spending all my money and time blocking their driveway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

zachwabbit wrote:Nice find! And I’m super jealous about his school! My friggen high school here in San Diego didn’t even have a basic auto shop or woodworking class. I mean I spent every weekend messing with my cars anyway, but it would’ve been nice to get school credit for it so my parents wouldn’t have been on my ass for spending all my money and time blocking their driveway lol
Exactly the same here. So Cal school systems dumped anything shop related long ago. Some schools had remnants of wood shop or metal shop when I graduated in '98, but not many and most definitely not mine of course!
Needles929

Post by Needles929 »

Well it's been almost a year since my last post. Sadly not much to share. I did manage to get several maintenance items out of the way. Most recent was pivot bushings. I was pissed after getting all back together and then noticed one of my drop brackets was cracked. I managed to miss out on a two day lake camping trip with Ryan. Luckily, a guy down the road happen to have an identical bracket.

I was really anxious to go drive it, so my son and I built a hitch off the already there tube bumper. I got a dirt bike carrier, and off to Glamis we went for Easter.
Attachments
Glamis Bronco Resize.jpg
Glamis Bronco Resize.jpg (257.2 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Needles929

Post by Needles929 »

Cleaned up all the back wiring and touched it all up
Hitch off clean up.jpg
Hitch off clean up.jpg (201.83 KiB) Viewed 794 times
This is partially done
Hitch weld 1.jpg
Hitch weld 1.jpg (231.38 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Mounted on
Hitch On.jpg
Hitch On.jpg (181.4 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Yes, I braced it to the frame. I just don't have a pic with the finished product.
Needles929

Post by Needles929 »

Here's my fancy way of getting the pivot bushings out. Wasn't enough room to use the whole ball joint press clamp.
Attachments
Bronco Pivot tool Resize.jpg
Bronco Pivot tool Resize.jpg (250.55 KiB) Viewed 794 times