Juicy- my Big White pain in my Butt

bpburnard05
Bronco Info: 1995 bronco 5.8, e4od

Post by bpburnard05 »

So, just wanting to finally start a build thread for my bronco. I’ve been affectionately calling it Juicy, but this title for the thread seems appropriate so what ever.
Just want to get this going to keep track, show y’all what I’m doing and get info and feedback from everyone else.

Without further ado here it is.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

Truck was left on the freeway and abandoned so with that came a broken rear window, rear side window and a slashed tire. As well as the interior being ransacked and destroyed. Oh and last but not least the reason it was abandoned... an extra hole or two to allow oil to cool through the pan..

So bought myself a parts one for the engine and trans and the shell, including some interior panels that can replace the terrible matte black and gray paint drip custom interior. ImageImage

bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

Catching myself up to now is basically pulled that engine out. Tested compression, showed up low for three cylinders. Now, mind you I’m keeping this cheap as I can. Partially to keep it all reasonable and for the fun of just doing my best to keep it cheap.
As of this point I’m into it for less than a grand.

I have gotten the engine rebuilt in pieces, heads first and now just picked up the block. Now to order parts to finish my rebuild.
ImageImageImage

I have the gaskets but what else do I replace with this rebuild?
Roller rockers? (I believe this is what I have i just don’t know if they’re a replacement item Image
Push rods?
Rocker arms?
Exhaust manifolds?
And finally head bolts?

Plan is to order parts and get it together in the next week or two

Then after that it’s new battery cables and key locks

Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Re: Juicy- my Big White pain in my Butt

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Make sure to do a nice Felpro silicone oil pan gasket. The OW cork one WILL fail, and its a motherfucker to do once the engine is back in the truck. Recommend good valve cover gaskets too while you're at it. Not the cheapest, but they will prevent heartache in the future.

What year is the donor? 95 was either roller ready, or had roller cams. the 96 definitely had them.

Go ARP for the hardware, just good piece of mind.

Are you looking to upgrade the manifolds, or just OE new?
eoffroader
Bronco Info: 1994 bronco 4.5 beams bilstein c/o behind the beam rad arms 456 front and rear f53 deavers blue inte

Post by eoffroader »

Good call on the gaskets I had cork valve cover gaskets before and they fell apart and blocked the oil pick up screen
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Post by biggiek »

There is a fel pro blue gasket for valve covers cant remember the p/n
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

Would these work? I don’t see anything that leads to me to believe they wouldn’t

LvSteve
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT Sport. 96 427w e4od obd II system........ SOLD IT

Post by LvSteve »

Yes . Many people reuse roller lifters by the way
bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

Ya I’m going to reuse them and reuse whatever I can. Will definitely be picking up those gaskets that match my oil pan gasket. Reusing my push rods, doing a new oil pump and water pump. Not sure of the condition of the rotor but it looks fairly new just need to figure that out and the timing. But I bought a Haynes Manual to help out

bstell
Bronco Info: 1995 bronco 5.8

Post by bstell »

bpburnard05 wrote:Truck was left on the freeway and abandoned so with that came a broken rear window, rear side window and a slashed tire. As well as the interior being ransacked and destroyed. Oh and last but not least the reason it was abandoned... an extra hole or two to allow oil to cool through the pan..

So bought myself a parts one for the engine and trans and the shell, including some interior panels that can replace the terrible matte black and gray paint drip custom interior. ImageImage

Hey you must have sold that truck awhile back. I own it now haha small world.

bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

My dodge? No way small world!

bstell
Bronco Info: 1995 bronco 5.8

Post by bstell »

bpburnard05 wrote:My dodge? No way small world!

Yessir hey man check your pm I have a few questions for you!
bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

Ok so still putting this thing together. I think my 1995 bronco was a MAF bronco. I have notices of my two engines there is different egr valves and I don’t know which one to use. Which would then dictate which harness I use on the engine.

Also need to pick up a MAF intake ImageImageImageImage
Anyone have an opinion on the egr? I don’t know what this bronco originally had, the motor that was blown is not the OG motor for this bronco. It is out of a 94 f250

biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Post by biggiek »

What year is yours? The top one is for the 96 obd 2 vehicles and second one is for all obd 1 vehicles.
bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

biggiek wrote:What year is yours? The top one is for the 96 obd 2 vehicles and second one is for all obd 1 vehicles.
Mine is a 95. I’m still trying to figure it out. That too one came out of a 94 bronco

ItzEnsign
Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 351w

Post by ItzEnsign »

1995 broncos came with MAF and OBD1. Almost all of them did because they were To comply with Californias emissions. 1994 and earlier were all speed density OBD1. And 1996 broncos were MAF OBD2. This is fact and you can look it up. I have a 1995 bronco obd1 with factory MAF. Check your computer on the 1995, if you have a e4od trans a easy way to confirm it’s true is if the computer on firewall on driver side will say BIO0.

ItzEnsign
Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 351w

Post by ItzEnsign »

And if your deciding on what to use for wire harness and computer. Definetly go with the 1995 Maf obd1. I have a stroked 351w with a 90mm Lightning Maf and 47lb injectors. Runs like factory with no check engine light after I got a tune( I removed emissions so caused a check engine light)

bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

ItzEnsign wrote:And if your deciding on what to use for wire harness and computer. Definetly go with the 1995 Maf obd1. I have a stroked 351w with a 90mm Lightning Maf and 47lb injectors. Runs like factory with no check engine light after I got a tune( I removed emissions so caused a check engine light)

Thankyou! This is what I did so far the engine is in the truck now to get the rest together. Still need an air intake tube and MAF sensor

bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

Alright guys time for a little update for Juicy....

Got the motor rebuilt and put in then spent a lot of time getting it running for my February bachelor party. Took it out and it did awesome was loads of fun and me and my dad even got it airborne (accidentally) but that was killer only got a couple
Pics from that

Then took it out on a day trip to some dirt and hit up
Barstow deal taco with family. Truck did awesome there as well but I don’t have any good pics of that.

Before my bachelor party I built a bumper. Not pretty but functional and able to hold lights Image
Since then work and a new house has gotten in the way. Trying to drive it some just to keep the fluids moving

This brings us up to date and how I won a free rear
Bumper from a guy working to open a business and man this thing makes the look for me Image