1996 Eddie Bauer

Hillbilly Heaven
Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco 545 swap 6R80 D60 front and 10.5 rear. Use for expedition camping go fast when at home

Re: 1996 Eddie Bauer

Post by Hillbilly Heaven »

Where did you find the blue hoses?
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Hillbilly Heaven wrote:Where did you find the blue hoses?
Summit;

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/CEL-5003
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Found out the lower radiator hose is wrong for trucks with the oil cooler built into the lower hose. The 90° and the proper lower hose together cost me another $140ish, and the guys at Johnny Lightning had to go pick them up for me. Felt like a dummy and it cost me extra $$
Hillbilly Heaven
Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco 545 swap 6R80 D60 front and 10.5 rear. Use for expedition camping go fast when at home

Post by Hillbilly Heaven »

Thanks
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Console is in, but only held by the single center bolt. Attempted to drill holes for the rear mount, but they could only go in at an angle, and hit square on a cross member under the floor. I could move the console back, but then it wouldn't fit where i like it. May just have to pull the carpet again and weld stand off's for the rear

Amp and 50w radio mounted inside the console.
madmatt1
Bronco Info: 1995 White XLT, daily driven work in progress.

Post by madmatt1 »

Didn't you get the kit that comes with the extensions up to the dash ? Thought I saw that in a previous photo...
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

madmatt1 wrote:Didn't you get the kit that comes with the extensions up to the dash ? Thought I saw that in a previous photo...
I did, but i did not put it in this time around, and after thinking through where i'll be mounting things, i don't think i'll need it, or have a use for it. Besides, my GF and all passengers remarked on how much space there is with that big open gap, so i am leaning towards never putting it in.
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

5 day trip through 4 Corners, Monument Valley, Horseshoe Bend, Pink Coral Sand Dunes, and Zion. Broke a rear shock, no idea how really, and found out my auto hubs chose a bad time to fail.

Spent over an hour with the pressure washer, ran it through a tank and a half of fuel, lol.
mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

Post by mobil1syn »

looks like a good time besides the shock failure
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

1996 Eddie Bauer

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Auto locking hubs are junk. My 96 and my 97 both had them. The 97 still does with some guys taken out because they would randomly try to lock in driving down the road. That's odd the shock broke there. Is the shaft bent at all?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Interesting fail on the shock. And trip sounds like fun. Did you drive through the loooong tunnel in Zion? I had no clue how long that thing was & was trying to hold my breath through it with my kids when we did it. I didn't even make it half way lol.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
hobbyturnedobsession

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Interesting fail on the shock. And trip sounds like fun. Did you drive through the loooong tunnel in Zion? I had no clue how long that thing was & was trying to hold my breath through it with my kids when we did it. I didn't even make it half way lol.
Lol that's because your old Steve Image

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

While that is a valid point Randy, I don't think that's the real answer. I think the tunnel is over a mile long. It had a "window" out the side of it every now and again to where you could see out into the canyon. It was super cool. I'd go back to Zion in a heartbeat!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
hobbyturnedobsession

ChaseTruck754 wrote:While that is a valid point Randy, I don't think that's the real answer. I think the tunnel is over a mile long. It had a "window" out the side of it every now and again to where you could see out into the canyon. It was super cool. I'd go back to Zion in a heartbeat!
Ha Steve I doubt I would've made it a 1/4 of the way. That does sound awesome I'll have to look it up. That'd be a fun bronco camping run.

ThrustMaster
Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Victorian 2 tone blue stock at the moment

Post by ThrustMaster »

This thing is so clean, i wouldn't even want mess with it. Also why i bought the cheapest rustiest Bronco i could find.
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Auto locking hubs are junk. My 96 and my 97 both had them. The 97 still does with some guys taken out because they would randomly try to lock in driving down the road. That's odd the shock broke there. Is the shaft bent at all?

No bend at all, just a clean snap right where it tapers down for the threads.
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Interesting fail on the shock. And trip sounds like fun. Did you drive through the loooong tunnel in Zion? I had no clue how long that thing was & was trying to hold my breath through it with my kids when we did it. I didn't even make it half way lol.
We did, and it felt like further than a mile, lol! Though i was driving behind a 400hp turbo'd Jeep JK Rubi, and he was making all kinds of fun noises.
Drooopy
Bronco Info: 94 XLT 351W/E4OD Mostly Stock

Post by Drooopy »

Love the work you are doing on the interior. Very clean install on all the audio gear. All things I plan to start in a couple months when my buddy closes on his new house. 4K sqft garage with 2 lifts will be so much better than my driveway.

Quick tip on the electrical. Best connectors I have ever found. Bit pricey, but so easy, fast and done completely right. We use several thousand rings and butt connectors a month at work.

http://www.nspa.com/sealedcrimpandsolder.html
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Drooopy wrote:Love the work you are doing on the interior. Very clean install on all the audio gear. All things I plan to start in a couple months when my buddy closes on his new house. 4K sqft garage with 2 lifts will be so much better than my driveway.

Quick tip on the electrical. Best connectors I have ever found. Bit pricey, but so easy, fast and done completely right. We use several thousand rings and butt connectors a month at work.

http://www.nspa.com/sealedcrimpandsolder.html
Awesome! Best of both worlds. Good crimp and a solder joint, plus my personal favorite, glued heat shrink haha!

If only i had a well lit bay with a lift, man that will be fantastic.
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

ThrustMaster wrote:This thing is so clean, i wouldn't even want mess with it. Also why i bought the cheapest rustiest Bronco i could find.
I can't stand working on rusty vehicles. When things are clean, it's easier to identify problems and issues. It looks great, but it suffers from a lot of typical Bronco problems. The only one it doesn't is rust, thank goodness.