94 Bronco AKA black panther

BroncoX
Bronco Info: 1994 XLT 5.0

Post by BroncoX »

Finally got me a Bronco. Once I figure out how to post a pic I'll get it on here. I've got big plans for it but gotta go slow. Its a 94 XLT 5.0. My future plans are to go with a 6 inch lift. Do away with as much of the electronics as possible. Build the 5.0 to crank out around 450 to 500 HP with either FItech or holly sniper fuel injection put in a C6 tranny with a 205 married transfer. Eventually a nine inch rear. Stay with the IFS. The interior is pretty worn out so will be replacing a lot there. I'm for Missouri so a full on gofast bronco doesn't really work for me. I'm going to drive this thing everyday but when I take it offroad it will be able to handle its own.
I will greeatly appreciate any advise and help through this process.This is my first build and I am very amateur and will be learning my way through this whole process hoping I havent bit off more than I can chew. My 7 year old I think is more excited then I am about this project and will be by myside the whole way. My plans are to hand him the keys when he turns 16.
BroncoX

Re: 94 Bronco AKA black panther

Post by BroncoX »

Okay well I figured out how to put the pic on here but its telling me its to large. Don't know what to do about that.
Tanner287
Bronco Info: 95 351 4.5" beams full cage front to rear 9" q80 deavers

Post by Tanner287 »

Download the app Tapatalk. Very simple to upload photos when using the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BroncoX

Post by BroncoX »

Awesome will give that a try thanks.
BroncoX

Post by BroncoX »

So I haven't started on the panther yet but my first plan of attack is to start stripping it down (obviously). My radiator support is rusted out at the mounts so need to replace that. I already have the C6 and 205 I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to build custom mounts or cross member for these. Since I'm going to strip the frame on use POR 15 on it I'm going to take the whole body off. Thinking this will make it a lot easier fabricating to mount the new tranny and tranfer set up any way. Any thoughts on this?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

My thoughts on taking the body off to do the POR-15: take them fir what you paid for them...

1) If going that far you might as well cut out all the rivets & replace with bolts at that point. That way you can pull off all the brackets, cross members, etc. & get the paint behind them. That is where a lot of rust starts. It's a lot more work added on, but also makes the finished product that much nicer. Kind of blows me away to seem any guys go down the the bare frame rails only (suspension, etc. off) and totally clean & paint it all, even powdercoat it sometimes. But they often don't make the effort to pull off the pieces riveted to the frame & clean them us as well.

2) if you have the body off to make the mounts for trans & t-case I'd at least test fit them in the truck before you pull the body off. That way you know they'll clear the floor where you have them set. May be best to put them in the truck with the body on and get them temp mounted. Then pull the body & make the mounts. Although, the mounts on these 2 items are typically in/under the frame & fairly easy to get to and build even with the body on.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
BroncoX

Post by BroncoX »

Hey thanks for the reply that's a great idea replacing the rivets with bolts. This is my first build period so did not think of that. I definitely don't mind putting in the extra work to make sure something is done right. There's a couple spring shackles that need replaced anyway so definitely going to do that.
BroncoX

Post by BroncoX »

Does anyone make a custom cross member to mount a c6 in these broncos?
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Broncos came with c6 until 86. Should be able to snag one at a junk yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BroncoX

Post by BroncoX »

Bronc.jpg
Bronc.jpg (312.07 KiB) Viewed 507 times
BroncoX

Post by BroncoX »

Finally got a pic to load. Here it is here shortly its getting torn down