krustythebronco a series of facepalms lol

mustacheride
Bronco Info: 90' OJ Style

Re: krustythebronco a series of facepalms lol

Post by mustacheride »

Is this one of the series of face palms you've referred to?

Glad you've got it figured out
Bftank
Bronco Info: 1996 bronco 6 inch dick cepek front, deavers in the rear

Post by Bftank »

mustacheride wrote:Is this one of the series of face palms you've referred to?

Glad you've got it figured out
most definitely, lol. and probably not the last.
@outdoorexplorationgear on Instagram, focused on Krustythebronco, building a towrig, creating a prerunner/rockcrawler business.
Bftank

Post by Bftank »

Made the trip out to King of the Hammers, saw a lot of cool broncos while I was driving around out there. It was a crazy busy week, should have taken more pics, but this is what i got.

This was our camp for the week, massive flagpole with Old Glory flying, and led string lights around the top to find at night. 2 inch schedule 40 pipe attached to the neck of the trailer. When the wind caught it, it felt like we were being rocked to sleep.
kamp krusty.jpg
kamp krusty.jpg (148.52 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
The camper is my old Four Wheel camper Grandby that i gutted, and through a couple of nice twinsize bed mattresses in, with a little cooking area and a place to get dressed. Ive definitely gotten my intial investment of a steep $300 back out of it. We did most of our cooking on a turkey frier with a plow disc wok. super nice. lots of breakfast burritos, pizza, and sandwiches.

Krusty did great out there. For some reason the headlights arent working, parking lights, brake and turn signals work fine, so im suspecting the switch. no big deal, i wired up the light bar and we went cruising.
krusty poser.jpg
krusty poser.jpg (151.6 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
The rear suspension worked better than i thought it would, the front worked about like i figured. the front with the little bilstein 7100s heated up and faded fast. were smooth for a couple hits then started pogoing. the rear just kept soaking it up. im sure it would be better with some tuning. the front is getting replaced with coil overs in phase 2. for now i just want to take the family out on some adventures.

The only issue i had out there was breaking the right rear axle on chocolate thunders parking lot. had it in 4low and tried creeping uphill over a basketball sized rock, and heard a small ting noise. next thing i know a utv is telling me my tire and axle are trying to take a walk. so we ratchet strapped the tire and axle back in using the hilift handle and dragged it back to camp in 4low.
after breaking axle.jpg
after breaking axle.jpg (156.93 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
roughly a couple miles of trench, that old dry rotted military goodyear mtr didnt even have a mark on it. lol. they really need to go. the next day i pulled the axle. the c clip held fine, snapped just after the splines, shattered cracks in what was left.
broken axle.jpg
broken axle.jpg (197.84 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
i let people on instagram know about my predicament and a dude from Vegas let me borrow an axle that he brought out the next day. which was awesome because apparently the salvage yards close to koh had all crushed the good obs trucks that would have had one, or didnt know how to search there inventory correctly. thanks again Richie!

Back on the road again, i snapped a couple of pics of a few broncos.
early bronco koh.jpg
early bronco koh.jpg (190.25 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
bronco 2 koh.jpg
bronco 2 koh.jpg (191.33 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
@outdoorexplorationgear on Instagram, focused on Krustythebronco, building a towrig, creating a prerunner/rockcrawler business.
Bftank

Post by Bftank »

sorry pics got rearranged when i hit post, you get the idea though.

The main reason the week was busy was because we were prepping truck for the EMC race and helping in remote pit 1 and 2. Well just 1. didn't make it to 2.
rtr koh.jpg
rtr koh.jpg (197.89 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
we had a great time, met lots of cool dudes, and made some new lifetime friends. these guys were a blast.
koh pit crew.jpg
koh pit crew.jpg (183.19 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
i would totally do it over again. trying to get my passport setup now to go help a team in the norra 1000 in april. fingers crossed that all works out!
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Phase 2 should also include a real axle.
Bftank

Post by Bftank »

BDKW1 wrote:Phase 2 should also include a real axle.
oh it does, lol. Along with a lot of other stuff. bypasses, front coilovers, longer radius arms, heims, etc. I am pretty much to the point where all the parts I had saved up to install are on, (except for front coilovers) so Im going to enjoy the mobility awhile, and tidy some stuff up before i tear into things again and make it immobile. Stretching it is also on my mind.

Along with tow rig, plasma table, more shop stuff, the list is endless. but im eating that elephant!