Dezert Shark or Silverback...I dunno

robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Re: Dezert Shark or Silverback...I dunno

Post by robertcrav »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Man I hate non car people with too much time on their hands!
Was the bronco parked in front of the focktard neighbor's house or yours? If yours then that would send me through the roof, and I'd probably respond along the lines of: Get a second bronco and rotate them in front of said a-hole's house every 72 hours. Make sure you keep on it for the proper 72 hours to make sure you are within the letter of the law. Maybe even comment on that part to said neighbor. After a couple weeks leave hand written note asking if 1 stationary bronco is better than 2, or if you should add another to the collection for him. Then start leaving 2 in front of his house & parking them across the street for 1 day in between.

A side note on the 72 hour deal as I have dealt with it before. It MAY vary out by you, but I doubt it. This is the way it worked in Newport & Costa Mesa.
Car is on street for over 72 hours & you can call to complain about it. PD will come out & mark car. They then have to wait ANOTHER 72 hours to prove it has been there fore 72 hours. At that point (after the second 72 hours) the car can be ticketed. So yeah, you've got more than 72 hours total if it comes to it. Good luck with the new found "friend". Sorry to hear the neighbor lottery sucked for you this time.
In front of my own house....this section of curb will fit 2 cars/trucks, so I make sure to keep it pulled up enough so someone else can park behind me too.

I would love to have an actual discussion with the cowardly note writer, but allas, they did not leave any contact or identifying information...I've been a good boy about keeping it moving. And I haven't even wrenched on anything in the driveway yet.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Very annoying! I'd be putting a BIG note on the bronco asking "whoever wrote the nice note to move this every 72 hours, please come up & talk to me in person" or something along that line. Then again I'm not one to avoid confrontation & have no issue telling idiots like that to suck it - lol.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

I think he / she was just being nice.

Put sign up thanking them, as they did not leave any contact info.

This worked for me.

"I would like to thank the kind and concerned new neighbor that offered to help me out and let me know ahead of time every time my car needs to be moved. This is a third car, so I don't want it to stay in one spot more then 72 hours. I look forward to your note and would like the reminder at the 65 hour mark, please if possible." Thank you your new neighbor. P.S. if the 65 hour marks is an issue, let me know.

Thanks again.
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

lol
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Seems like you're looking for parts. Have to be smog legal?
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

1Hondalover wrote:Seems like you're looking for parts. Have to be smog legal?
Yessir, gotta be Cali legal
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Crap. Thought I could help you with some exhaust but there's no E.O. for what I have sorry.

Glad you're Bronco back.
96Brawnco
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0 4X4 All Black

Post by 96Brawnco »

Mine was leaking a lot when i first bought it. after replacing valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, oil sending unit, power steering pump, and high pressure steering line, all the leaks have stopped and is dry as a bone. Try checking those areas if youre unsure of where the leaks are coming from.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Updates coming....