JPs 1991 Eddie B

westco

JPs 1991 Eddie B

Post by westco »

Picked this 91 Bronco Eddie Bauer, with according to Autocheck 45k miles, dont know if that's true or not but I know it has spent most of its life in Ca and there's no rust the paint is pretty oxidized but spending its life in Los Angeles probably ruined it the interior is in good shape no real wear in the seats and carpeting.

Spent a few hours scraping off cb handles, NRA stickers, removing antennas and several cb radios...ImageImage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
westco

JPs 1991 Eddie B

Post by westco »

Also removed that way cool chrome bumper guard and running boards.

ImageImageImage

alpinejd3
Bronco Info: 1991 EB Prerunner

Re: JPs 1991 Eddie B

Post by alpinejd3 »

Nice! What are your plans for it.
westco

JPs 1991 Eddie B

Post by westco »

I have a 95 f150 4x with Solo c&t beams, radius arms and bilsteins. Thinking of switching over to the Bronco, since it fits the whole family.

I love that truck but it's not practical for us, that's why i got the Bronco.Image

Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

JPs 1991 Eddie B

Post by Bajaluv »

Nice brick nose !! HOLY STICKERS, that’s gonna take a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
westco

Post by westco »

Bajaluv wrote:Nice brick nose !! HOLY STICKERS, that’s gonna take a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah it took some time but I got pretty much all of them off, i bought a rubber wheel that mounts to a drill and that's how I was able to remove the ones on the tailgate.

I am looking to replace the mirrors but most all I see is cheap replacements, anybody have any experience with this type of mirror and bracket?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Are the mirror heads bad, or are you wanting a different style mirror? I've seen guys do a bracket off the mirror mount & then replace the head with a 6" round convex mirror like they run on the race trucks.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
westco

Post by westco »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Are the mirror heads bad, or are you wanting a different style mirror? I've seen guys do a bracket off the mirror mount & then replace the head with a 6" round convex mirror like they run on the race trucks.
The heads are rough and the brackets are stained, any pics on what you described?

Also liking the Autofab mirrors

westco

Post by westco »

My trans is shuddering from 3-2 shift and OD-3, I did use some anti-shudder additive and it seemed to help., and now it's got quite a leak from the inspection plug in the trans.

From my research it's probably a bad TC, i was planning on just replacing it but acceleration in 3rd or OD is weak, before it downshifts, if i manually drop it into 2nd it takes off like i've got a big block. Thinking i should rebuild and have a fresh start, i don't want to just replace the TC and then drop it again to rebuild if that doesn't fix the weak 3rd gear feel.

Any referrals to a rebuilder in the north county san diego?....I did have a trans rebuilt in a work truck 5-6 years ago at Aamco in Escondido, still going strong 100k miles later.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Sorry, no pictures - just something I remember seeing. The autofab mirrors are nice - just spendy.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects