BAJANCO

VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Re: BAJANCO

Post by VintageIronFab »

Gonna put a cleaned and tested JY mini starter on my "Baja-Box" parts list for sure now!!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

Yikes, were you killing the ujoints and the slip yokes or just the UJ?

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

U's and Cardan
Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

So this happened ! Started as a simple list of upgrades and now I'm starting from the bottom. Picked up the Autofab motor mounts and I'm working my way up. Not doing anything crazy as far as performance other than BBK throttle body, Heads are getting some love. Trying to go the "reliable" path for now. Doing alternator upgrade , Sag conversion, and a few other electrical changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Also was able to drop my shocks of for some maintenance and clean up. Rear bypasses sit at a extreme angle so the tuning has been ongoing. My Buddy Will walked me through performance and function. Which was very helpful, watched him put his touch on the rears and hopefully I will see some gains on this pig.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Perfect evening to wrench !! ImageImage

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Cleaning everything up and starting to look like and engine again. My HOA should be happy about the yard sale getting smaller. Image

Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

BAJANCO

Post by Andy Jones »

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Had to do a little pitman arm pulled modification, this should work.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Heads !! Check Image should be dropping her back in over the weekend. This cool weather is getting me excited for dirt time.

Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

BAJANCO

Post by Andy Jones »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

So after a good Saturday session on BAJANCO the Autofab motors mounts are in Image

Oil pump, gasket and pan,front and rear main seals complete. The block is finally back in. Image

Moving forward fast now, this cool weather in September is getting me excited for adventure.

VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

I've got a full Autofab kit engine mount kit- how well do these actually fit? Just trying to guess how bolt-in the - bolt-on is?!?! :-)

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

VintageIronFab wrote:I've got a full Autofab kit engine mount kit- how well do these actually fit? Just trying to guess how bolt-in the - bolt-on is?!?! :-)

Lol good question ! The "bolt-in" part made me nervous also, but it wasn't bad. Actually All The holes lined up so fit was good. I left all hardware hand right until I got everything lined up, It wasn't to difficult. I picked up all 1/2" grade 8 hardware for the install. Tranny mount I did after the motor was bolted back to the bell housing. I'm curious on sound transfer into the cab and elevation of the engine once complete. My EGR valve was already close to my engine cage, we will see if anything rubs this week.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Oh !! The existing rivets were a pain in the ass, as they should be.

De$ertBronco
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Post by De$ertBronco »

VintageIronFab wrote:I've got a full Autofab kit engine mount kit- how well do these actually fit? Just trying to guess how bolt-in the - bolt-on is?!?! :-)
Regardless of what Autofab says, their mounts lift the engine up and back something like 1 - 1 1/2" if i remember correctly. Firewall needs to be clearanced for edelbrock intake manifolds if you have one.
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

De$ertBronco wrote:
Regardless of what Autofab says, their mounts lift the engine up and back something like 1 - 1 1/2" if i remember correctly. Firewall needs to be clearanced for edelbrock intake manifolds if you have one.

Really !! That's not gonna be good, I'm gonna have some trouble then. No I'm not running the edelbrock setup because of that. I've seen some firewall trimming on a few broncos, not pretty.

De$ertBronco
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Post by De$ertBronco »

Bajaluv wrote:
De$ertBronco wrote:

Really !! That's not gonna be good, I'm gonna have some trouble then. No I'm not running the edelbrock setup because of that. I've seen some firewall trimming on a few broncos, not pretty.

Yeah I talked to Autofab several times about this and they kept saying it should be stock location, but I know of at least 4 people with their mounts and they ALL had the same issue. Autofab was nice enough to offer to make "custom" ones and swap them out for free, but I decided to just roll with the ones I had. Where the firewall needs to be trimmed is just the upper cowl area not actually into the cab. I think you're fine with a stock intake manifold anyways..
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

OK that's good information, thank you. Yeah unfortunately Johhny and the boys built my engine cage with worn out motor mounts installed. So I have some clearances around the EGR valve that are now concerning based on your numbers.

VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

Well then that was $200 not well spent $$$!! The last thing I need are more parts that don't fit!!

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)