BAJANCO

Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

cs_drums wrote:
Bajaluv wrote:
cs_drums wrote:Very nice! The 64s work great especially with a notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's actually been my biggest hurdle, when I'm loaded down for Mexico the shocks were great when I've got nothing back there it's like a pogo stick. I actually think I've talk to you before are you friends with Willy?

Yeah, Willy and I are buddies. Where/when did we meet?

On the phone I thought, I could be wrong but I thought I've talked to you about rear bypass adjustments ? Willy has endless knowledge and phone numbers lol.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Just recently installed reclining seats and the center console from an 04 expedition. Who doesn't want better cupholders Image

rdcjuanb
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco parked in garage. Long term project.

Re: BAJANCO

Post by rdcjuanb »

Can you share pics of the center console installed and how you mount it? I have one I want to put in. john@race-dezert.com
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

rdcjuanb wrote:Can you share pics of the center console installed and how you mount it? I have one I want to put in. john@race-dezert.com

So here it is installed from my seat POV lol. I ran some small pieces of channel and bolted to the floor, which I don't have pictures of right now.It will be incorporated into my seat mounts once I get it caged. It doesn't blend with a stock 91 dashboard very well but I plan on floating it with sheet-metal and tying it in above the stereo. Trying to keep my interior as original as possible just add a few creature comfort's.

cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

Man, what an awesome build so far. Keep it coming!
@cwriz
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

cwrisley wrote:Man, what an awesome build so far. Keep it coming!

Thanks man !! Liking the direction you have been going to, need to coordinate wanna those 200+ trips Image

sydude
Bronco Info: 1992 Restored Bronco w/Built 302x, All Glass, Full Cage, Bilstein 9100's & Deavers

BAJANCO

Post by sydude »

GREAT build, I love it! Would you mind sharing pictures and/or details on how the exhaust was routed through/around the frame before exiting the quarter panel?
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

sydude wrote:GREAT build, I love it! Would you mind sharing pictures and/or details on how the exhaust was routed through/around the frame before exiting the quarter panel?

Right on I appreciate it Image. She's getting her new tranny and transfer case installed till next week. I don't have up close picture but I can soon. Basically new Y pipe to Magnaflow muffler, then turned up and out right before the front leaf spring hanger. Since I don't need CATs anymore it was easy fit.

sydude
Bronco Info: 1992 Restored Bronco w/Built 302x, All Glass, Full Cage, Bilstein 9100's & Deavers

Post by sydude »

Bajaluv wrote:Right on I appreciate it Image. She's getting her new tranny and transfer case installed till next week. I don't have up close picture but I can soon. Basically new Y pipe to Magnaflow muffler, then turned up and out right before the front leaf spring hanger. Since I don't need CATs anymore it was easy fit.
Thanks. I'm away from my truck till tomorrow (I'm in the islands getting some much needed sun & fun) so I can't look at it again, but every time I looked at the routing through to the front side of the quarter panel with a 3" round pipe, the frame and/or the body was always in the way. Without cutting out part of and then reinforcing either, the only way I recall being able to do it was going under the frame or making a very wide flattened section of pipe to pass between the body and the frame. I guess it's possible that without a cat you made your turn much earlier than I ever considered.
sydude

BAJANCO

Post by sydude »

sydude wrote:I'm away from my truck till tomorrow (I'm in the islands getting some much needed sun & fun) so I can't look at it again
HAH, damn autocorrect!!! How did it change 'now' to 'again'?!
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

BAJANCO

Post by cs_drums »

I went up and over the frame where it kicks. Had to cut a whole in the body support. There are pics in my thread, 94 Raptor Killer

cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

Bajaluv wrote:
cwrisley wrote:Man, what an awesome build so far. Keep it coming!

Thanks man !! Liking the direction you have been going to, need to coordinate wanna those 200+ trips Image
For sure man. Ive been itching to get out and hit it again. Been thinking of doing Chariot Canyon from Banner to Oroflame then out to Ocotillo Wells.
@cwriz
sydude

Post by sydude »

cs_drums wrote:I went up and over the frame where it kicks. Had to cut a whole in the body support. There are pics in my thread, 94 Raptor Killer
Found it, thanks! And I just got a chance to look at my truck, it looks like I have just enough room to go through exactly where you went through on yours. Thanks again.
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

So after a few weeks of down time she off for a new to me tranny, rebuilt transfer case install. Hope to have her back by Early next week. Just in time for a quick trip to KOH ImageImage

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

While the tranny has been absent I was able to pull entire exhaust. It doesn't like Mexico puddles..... Image.

Something about Mexico puddles or toxic puddles lol. But came out nice, rattle can ceramic coating looks pretty good. Image

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

ImageWhile she was getting her tranny back in and all buttoned up I decided to use the time to install the refurbished tilt steering column. Topped it with a wheel I picked up from Taylor about 8 months ago. I now have Zero play in my steering, sooooo nice. Added a bigger pan so 18 quarts for the tranny and ruffly 2 for the transfer case she was back on the road. I'll check fluid in the morning and add if needed. Oh and a 87-91 bronco does NOT need a VSS kit.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Another small bit of info I learned..... the fire wall side of the steering column is telescoping. Image So mine was shoved into the column, I stared at it for a minute and realized It can be pullled out. Allowing the final connection to the steering knuckle. Picture doesn't help, but thought I had the wrong column for a few minutes.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

So we took advantage of a free Saturday and woke up early for a day trip. Hit the road from SD at about 8:00 am, plaster city in not time. Made a few stops, climbed some rocks then headed to Superstition for lunch. ImageImageImage

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

We headed northwest towards Ocotillo. Taking the pole line the entire way. Kids loved that road, rain has taken it's toll all the way to the iron door. ImageImage

Over all the bronco did well, I always seem to be carrying a load. I estimate with spare tire, jack,tools and coolers at 350-400 lbs. Rear adjustments are on going, could use rear bumps installed soon.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

So I had the Joy of pulling my Nieghbor out of the sweet water river last night. Apparently they drain lake Loveland at night, this is usually 12' across and maybe 1' deep. Anytime the bronco can pull out a jeep ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro