BAJANCO

Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

cs_drums wrote:I really enjoy that I'm to broke to get the PIMP right now so your doing it first and I can just copy it hahaha

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
I just finished cleaning up all the wiring under my dash so I’m getting closer to the install. I had my laptop open last night and I was looking at the pinning that I have to do for transcontrol. So I will keep you in the loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

cs_drums wrote:If I remember correctly you need the PSOM from the stock cluster for the truck to run right. Does this go out the window with pimp? Or are you just gonna tuck the stocker behind the dash. What about smog and having a check engine light?

That’s interesting I was not aware of that? When I fried my cluster a jump champs I drove it home from Riverside without the entire cluster and it ran great, Or like it should I suppose. The guys at stinger performance are great with communication. I will ask this question and get back to you. As far as smog and check engine that doesn’t concern me my Bronco is registered in a non-smog area of San Diego. She smells so good I have to back out of the garage just to fire her up lol. I’m estimating that I would die with the bronco running in my garage in about six minutes.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

cs_drums wrote:If I remember correctly you need the PSOM from the stock cluster for the truck to run right. Does this go out the window with pimp? Or are you just gonna tuck the stocker behind the dash. What about smog and having a check engine light?

I basically got the same answer from stinger and my other bronco buddy, so we will see.

LvSteve
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT Sport. 96 427w e4od obd II system........ SOLD IT

Re: BAJANCO

Post by LvSteve »

That would be nice. Hope it works good ! Does the new speed o have a output signal wire
Whats the over under on this bet ?
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

tcinu2 wrote:That would be nice. Hope it works good ! Does the new speed o have a output signal wire
Whats the over under on this bet ?

Hahaha right!! Since my stock speedo is gear driven, but The Pidash comes with a GPS puck that wires in and mounts to my dash.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

This really made life easy !! Wired 4 fans, front light KC lights , roof rack KC and rear Amber to switches. Image

Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Bajaluv wrote:This really made life easy !! Wired 4 fans, front light KC lights , roof rack KC and rear Amber to switches. Image

I had an sPod in my Tacoma, those things are the jam.
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Other than AFR being in the red this has been a pretty straight forward install. I was nervous about repinning but that wasn’t bad. The spartan O2 sensor was easy to install, it’s seems to be accurately reading exhaust temps. The amount of tuning this system has is way beyond my experience. Crazy how so much info comes out of the ECM at one time. The online forums and tech support have been a tremendous help, they get back to you quick. Today I backed the bronco out of garage to tune so I didn’t die. Drove up the drive way and trans seems to be very responsive to the set points I had to enter. Once I figure out why I’m all over the board on my Air Fuel Ratio I will attempt to go around the block. I’m taking this very very slow, step by step.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Sneak peek of my next upgrade, no more bushings Image...........

RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

BAJANCO

Post by RyanDS650X »

Good stuff! That looks pretty through, what adjustment have you made to the trans?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

RyanDS650X wrote:Good stuff! That looks pretty through, what adjustment have you made to the trans?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Other than set the voltage for each gear of the transmission I have done nothing yet. I’ve been so focused on engine turning at idle the trans I’ve only done the basic parameters needed for fire up. Hopefully today I’ll get into the transmission screens and I’ll snap some photos, I’ll get back to you.

cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

BAJANCO

Post by cs_drums »

I'm interested in the bushing upgrade. What's the scoop?

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

cs_drums wrote:I'm interested in the bushing upgrade. What's the scoop?

Looks like he's trying to make some of the old deaver "baja bushings" or maybe something similar to the Alcan "Orbit Eye" bushing.
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Yes similar I suppose, I had to dig up an old thread on race dezert from 2006 to find what you’re referring to. They’re basically replacing the pivot bushing on the shackle with a 1” Uniball. I have replaced my Delrin bushings annually since I had my Dever 64s installed. The replacement is fairly simple, well greased and they pop right out. They also mention same application for my steering swinger coming soon.

sgerber
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco 351w MAF , Desolate Motorsports suspension

Post by sgerber »

Bajaluv wrote:So the prep was worth I think, Protecting everything from the Raptor liner took some time. But in the end I’m pretty happy with the cargo area.

ImageImageImageImage

Move onto the front half tomorrow, have to finish the cage paint, sound deadener then top it off with the last bottle of liner. That’s should finish the floor so we can reinstall the center console and wiring.

Aaron, how did the liner hold up over the sound deadener? Thinking of doing the same.
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

sgerber wrote:
Bajaluv wrote:So the prep was worth I think, Protecting everything from the Raptor liner took some time. But in the end I’m pretty happy with the cargo area.

ImageImageImageImage

Move onto the front half tomorrow, have to finish the cage paint, sound deadener then top it off with the last bottle of liner. That’s should finish the floor so we can reinstall the center console and wiring.

Aaron, how did the liner hold up over the sound deadener? Thinking of doing the same.
It’s actually held up really good, the cargo area has seen some damage from my spare but not bad. I guess my only complaint is dust sticks, hard to keep clean.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Added some Ambers to the front bumper, always liked the add of color to night runs. ImageImage

Also I think I’ve nailed all motor steps with this ecm from stinger performance. I’ve had issue with set up injectors, AFR and some other minor steps. Mainly because I didn’t take my time, like they say over and over in instructions. Image

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Finally connecting the cab cage to the engine cage, I had several major cracks in my firewall from flex. I basically have limited the factory Ford frame Flex to a foot between Solo cage and Richer racing engine cage. Firewall took the blunt of the damage. So sheetmetal is going to be a fun project but much needed. ImageImage

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

But on another note the dash and vintage air unit are installed with only a few cosmetic pieces to add before I have it upholstered. Image

Since I went originally with the Solo Motorsports pre-runner cage it’s missing a critical tube overhead above the dash, that needed to be added to take the load of the triangle that’s down the windshield.

I spent the last few nights programming my android touchscreen along with my “raspberry pi” (onboard computer) which will run tuner studio and all my gauges directly above my steering wheel. It will be a 9 x 7 touchscreen and fits perfectly above my column in the navvy dash. I will run a redundant water and oil pressure gauge if I ever have display issues. I currently have two quality tunes set up for my bronco installed in tuner studio. I’m pretty confident in my transmission set points for both, one is aggressive with dirt or sand in mind. The other is mild and won’t chirp the tires. I have to admit this new set up has been a learning curve but this ECM has been a great upgrade. Stinger performance has been a delight to work with, honestly I couldn’t ask for better customer service.