BAJANCO

alpinejd3
Bronco Info: 1991 EB Prerunner

Re: BAJANCO

Post by alpinejd3 »

Bajaluv wrote:
cs_drums wrote:I was so bummed I wasn’t quick enough to snag that motor! Glad it went to a good home though. Get that sucker in there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude we both were running up the driveway at the same time lol. Hopefully start install this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Glad it went to a good home, and sorry to the guys that didn't get it. There were a few people lined but I did tell Aaron first dibs and he was quick!
alpinejd3
Bronco Info: 1991 EB Prerunner

Post by alpinejd3 »

Bajaluv wrote:Thanks man !!! This whole wiring plan is where I’m most confused. I have his whole wiring harness, Literally everything lol. Not sure on what I’ll need or if I can use half of it and a stand alone controller for my E4OD ? He ran a C6 so that’s really the only difference. The nuts and bolt part I’ve got handled, it’s the wiring that’s gonna need some help. I have a few good helpers on here and on speed dial, so I’ll start by pulling my motor and tranny.

Not sure on the controller for the E40D, but talk to Hollander about the stand alone harness that I gave you with the motor. He had JuanCo build it for him, I spoke to Juan a few times and he claimed it was very simple to get it setup but I never did, it was tapped into my original factory rats nest but I think you should be able to take advantage of it.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

BAJANCO

Post by cs_drums »

There are a few stand alone controllers available but I’d think you could do a standard MAF overlay harness then just get a obd2 computer from a E4od vic. I’ve never worked with a tuner but I’d guess your better off having it retuned for your Vic’s set up.

funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

run the motor with your stock set up ....figure out the OBD2 later
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

funinthesun95 wrote:run the motor with your stock set up ....figure out the OBD2 later

Hey Willie what about the extra sensors or wired connection that this motor has that I don’t currently have ?

hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

The stand alone set up was great for me as it was simple with constant hot, ign. hot, tach out, ground I believe were the only wires going to the unit. OBD2 was awesome if there was ever an issue which there wasn't but knowing I could scan if needed made me feel good lol. Juanco had the factory harness cleaned up and its a factory ford computer for a 96 ford. The computer was tuned by JuanCo on JBA dyno and I would try to utilize if possible. I believe it was close to $1k in tuning and dyno time. Juan can probably add e4od harness back to it and turn on parameters but you would have to talk to him. He is the most talented flaking guy I have ever met. If it can work he will make it work. Glad it went to a good home and it will get some more fun out of it. Shoot me a text if you need any info. It is super easy to patch in to your stock set up. Juan literally could come do it in 10 mins.
De$ertBronco
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Post by De$ertBronco »

Bajaluv wrote:Thanks man !!! This whole wiring plan is where I’m most confused. I have his whole wiring harness, Literally everything lol. Not sure on what I’ll need or if I can use half of it and a stand alone controller for my E4OD ? He ran a C6 so that’s really the only difference. The nuts and bolt part I’ve got handled, it’s the wiring that’s gonna need some help. I have a few good helpers on here and on speed dial, so I’ll start by pulling my motor and tranny.

96' was the only year of OBD2 which obviously differed greatly from your 91. Smog and exhaust systems were totally different, MAF, engine misfire sensor with different harmonic balancer and so on. If he gave you the complete engine with standalone harness and reprogrammed ECU you should just need to redo your exhaust and run a trans controller (US SHIFT).
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

BAJANCO

Post by cs_drums »

Or switch to a c6 or 5speed

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

De$ertBronco wrote:

96' was the only year of OBD2 which obviously differed greatly from your 91. Smog and exhaust systems were totally different, MAF, engine misfire sensor with different harmonic balancer and so on. If he gave you the complete engine with standalone harness and reprogrammed ECU you should just need to redo your exhaust and run a trans controller (US SHIFT).

Yes that’s correct Josh, I have an entire rubber maid tote with all wiring. So because I’m more of a wrench guy I’m going to start by pulling my engine and sitting side-by-side. Switching over my alternator, upper and lower intake and a couple other components. The Edelbrock upper is wayyyyyy to tall for my engine cage. Discovered this last night, crazy almost touches my drop hood. Another Bronco buddy suggested the same, use entire wiring harness and purchase tranny controller from Us Shift.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

hollandermotorsports wrote:The stand alone set up was great for me as it was simple with constant hot, ign. hot, tach out, ground I believe were the only wires going to the unit. OBD2 was awesome if there was ever an issue which there wasn't but knowing I could scan if needed made me feel good lol. Juanco had the factory harness cleaned up and its a factory ford computer for a 96 ford. The computer was tuned by JuanCo on JBA dyno and I would try to utilize if possible. I believe it was close to $1k in tuning and dyno time. Juan can probably add e4od harness back to it and turn on parameters but you would have to talk to him. He is the most talented flaking guy I have ever met. If it can work he will make it work. Glad it went to a good home and it will get some more fun out of it. Shoot me a text if you need any info. It is super easy to patch in to your stock set up. Juan literally could come do it in 10 mins.

Good info Brandon, I was wondering if you were gonna chime in. Almost called you last night to discuss. Your old motor is in a good home, got my 6 year old getting all the #muddchamps off with a tooth brush. Juan is a busy man, hopefully he will assist if needed. Like I said above going to start by doing all the mechanical switch over first.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

I did not know Exhaust is different ? Luckily I have the Y pipe and both O2 censors. I’m still a little intimidated about doing the wiring so I might have to have somebody do that for me.

De$ertBronco

Post by De$ertBronco »

Bajaluv wrote:I did not know Exhaust is different ? Luckily I have the Y pipe and both O2 censors. I’m still a little intimidated about doing the wiring so I might have to have somebody do that for me.

no smog pump/thermactor tube on y pipe, 1 O2 on each bank with a downstream (rear) cat monitor
De$ertBronco

Post by De$ertBronco »

De$ertBronco wrote:
Bajaluv wrote:I did not know Exhaust is different ? Luckily I have the Y pipe and both O2 censors. I’m still a little intimidated about doing the wiring so I might have to have somebody do that for me.

no smog pump/thermactor tube on y pipe, 1 O2 on each bank with a downstream (rear) cat monitor

All you need to do is weld new bungs in and throw a pipe plug in the old sensor holes, weld a block on the thermactor tube or cut if off and weld a plate over it. Super easy for a muffler shop to do.
De$ertBronco

Post by De$ertBronco »

sorry busy at work and half ass read your post haha! read right passed where you said you have the y pipe
Deslboy
Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 351. Currently being built. Solo c&t beams, solo radius arms, solo shock hoops

Post by Deslboy »

you might also try calling the guy at FIVEOLOGY racing. He builds the MAF conversion harness to upgrade our older bronco speed density set up. You already have the MAF harness so you might just need to correct factory computer to run the E4OD. also, talk to Dave Sanchez from the Desolate crew. he just did a similar mild build with a stand alone E4OD controller
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Deslboy wrote:you might also try calling the guy at FIVEOLOGY racing. He builds the MAF conversion harness to upgrade our older bronco speed density set up. You already have the MAF harness so you might just need to correct factory computer to run the E4OD. also, talk to Dave Sanchez from the Desolate crew. he just did a similar mild build with a stand alone E4OD controller

Thanks dude !! Yea I’ve got Dave on speed dial. He’s been a great help from day one. I’m currently doing my research and the fiveology guys are a great product.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

https://youtu.be/Fxdryr18oJU

Not sure if this will work as a link but I ran into a pretty cool dude with a drone last night in my secret spot.

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

It worked. Nice little jump there at the secret spot...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

ImageImage

A couple more from my secret spot, I take what time I can in the summer. Really need to get a trip to Pismo on my calendar one of these years.

Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

BAJANCO

Post by Andy Jones »

I’m digging it !