BAJANCO

Deslboy
Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 351. Currently being built. Solo c&t beams, solo radius arms, solo shock hoops

Re: BAJANCO

Post by Deslboy »

the Solomotorsports engine mounts are much cheaper than the Autofab ones and fit the proper way. Took me about 20 minutes to install them on mine. I say return the autofab ones.
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Well I have the just urethane ones that essily install - thinking you're saying the full kit is a tough install??
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
Deslboy
Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 351. Currently being built. Solo c&t beams, solo radius arms, solo shock hoops

Post by Deslboy »

yes. The ones from Solo don't require removing any rivets. they are a delrin sleeve with a grade 8 post that fits into the factory bracket.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Deslboy wrote:yes. The ones from Solo don't require removing any rivets. they are a delrin sleeve with a grade 8 post that fits into the factory bracket.
I have the full engine mount kit from Autofab, same as the Bajanco and I didn't have to remove any rivets to make it fit. A couple of holes needed clearancing on the frame, but it fitted up fine.
Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

AussieRod wrote:
Deslboy wrote:yes. The ones from Solo don't require removing any rivets. they are a delrin sleeve with a grade 8 post that fits into the factory bracket.
I have the full engine mount kit from Autofab, same as the Bajanco and I didn't have to remove any rivets to make it fit. A couple of holes needed clearancing on the frame, but it fitted up fine.

After taking some measurements last night it looks like the autofab mounts raised the block about 3/4" to 1" from "the stock" mounts. I'm know my Stock mounts were compressed and pretty beat up, probably the original ones. I did in fact have to remove 2 rivets and a bracket on the driver side to install the Autofab mounts. Yes a couple holes did need clearance at the frame, I also went with 1/2" hardware. I think there holes were drilled for 3/8" or 7/16" maybe ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

The solo mounts do looks significantly easier to install, almost like stock mounts. But when I had the Autofab BEEFY mounts in my hands, had to go with them. Plus I live close to Autofab, which helps when I need them now.

funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

is your tanny mount already done?
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

Deslboy wrote:the Solomotorsports engine mounts are much cheaper than the Autofab ones and fit the proper way. Took me about 20 minutes to install them on mine. I say return the autofab ones.

autofab makes two styles....FYI
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

funinthesun95 wrote:is your tanny mount already done?

Tranny mount will be done tonight. Why ? Willie you know something I don't, like always lol

funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

I would just not do the tranny mount until the motor is stabbed ....just in case it changes angle..... if you are 1 inch higher I don't see an issue but lets just make sure.

Is your T case fixed location? if so it does not matter
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

funinthesun95 wrote:I would just not do the tranny mount until the motor is stabbed ....just in case it changes angle..... if you are 1 inch higher I don't see an issue but lets just make sure.

Copy that !! Some things are better described in person Image. Thanks for the call buddy.

De$ertBronco
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Post by De$ertBronco »

funinthesun95 wrote:I would just not do the tranny mount until the motor is stabbed ....just in case it changes angle..... if you are 1 inch higher I don't see an issue but lets just make sure.

Something else to note on my situation... due to the motor mounts also pushing the motor back a little we flipped the autofab trans mount bracket around... The holes are slightly offset, so it worked out just fine.
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

De$ertBronco wrote:

Something else to note on my situation... due to the motor mounts also pushing the motor back a little we flipped the autofab trans mount bracket around... The holes are slightly offset, so it worked out just fine.[/

Good info !! Didn't get to tranny mount last night but we will this week. Not sure but I don't think my motor is set back anymore than before, I didn't think to take front to back measurements.

funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

it just comes down to hand made parts...always need to leave a little room for adjustment.
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Everyday I’m getting a little closer, hopefully fire her up this week. Image

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

So life is busy and having 3 and 5 year olds my bronco time is limited, usually evenings till 10:30pm works. But I’m so close to finally firing her back up. ImageImage

The BAJANCO has some important events in the next few weeks. First the Broncos only trip, Baja 1000 and then Jump champs time trials in December. That’s probably a few thousand dirt miles, reliability is key.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Even closer, alternator, Ac and Sag pump installed. Couldn’t do this with out all the info from the tech section, your guys lesson and experiences rock Image

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

First attempt at firing her up, found this little brittle fuel line between rails. Easy fix, just scared the shit outta me when fuel squirts in the air.

Bajaluv

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Brass wire wheel against brass barb fitting made an easy extraction.

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Bajaluv wrote:Everyday I’m getting a little closer, hopefully fire her up this week. Image

If you haven't already, you should upgrade your injectors to the 4 port 5.0 Explorer injectors.