1992 soon to be daily.

jakes_A_Snake
Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 E4OD. Stocker for now.

1992 soon to be daily.

Post by jakes_A_Snake »

Here is my 92 that I am working on turning into a daily and then slowly transform into a prerunner. Image The first thing on the to do list is rebuild the rearend and to do a MAF conversion. I am currently just waiting on the Wedgelock terminals for the 60 pin connector but have everything else. I decided to go with a Cardone reman WAY1 computer and a 93 mustang reman MAF. On the ECU I noticed that it came with a moates F3 memory module though. Is that normal ? Or did I get a bonus? Image Image
jakes_A_Snake
Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 E4OD. Stocker for now.

Re: 1992 soon to be daily.

Post by jakes_A_Snake »

Well the MAF conversion is on hold for a few weeks while I rebuild the rear end. When I bought the bronco it had a clicking noise coming from it when driven and I had thought that it was coming from the transfer case but in reality it is coming from the rear end. Both the ring and pinion have huge chips in them, the exciter ring is bent up and there is a lot of backlash play. New 4.56 gears, Eaton Truetrac, exciter ring and full installation parts should be here Wednesday for me to rebuild it. Will post some pictures of the rebuild once I am all done. This will also give me time to get the layover harness completed for the MAF conversion.

P.S. sorry for the really HUGE pictures. used the wrong BB code link.