1989 Build

S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: None Anymore!

Re: 1989 Build

Post by S00TLYFE »

Some pictures of the Tetris game I played to cram everything in. By the way, my carpet is pretty blown out on this thing and I'm considering rubber mat or rhinoliner for the carpet in this thing, anything more low maintenance. Anyone have a line on a place to get bulk rubber mat cheap? Or just where to get it period?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (238.19 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (87.8 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (75.48 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

You were right by me! I go to school in San Marcos. Are you having issues with the oem bucket seat mounts? Went through 3 different combos of oem seats and sliders in my '90 and had to have the floor rewelded, haven't messed with the ones in my '89 yet and the floor looks like it was already rewelded at some point so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the wobbly drivers seat doesn't get worse haha
Potato.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

dtbback wrote:Nice score!
Thanks man. Can't wait to get this in and grab those alcoas from you Saturday.
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

zachwabbit wrote:You were right by me! I go to school in San Marcos. Are you having issues with the oem bucket seat mounts? Went through 3 different combos of oem seats and sliders in my '90 and had to have the floor rewelded, haven't messed with the ones in my '89 yet and the floor looks like it was already rewelded at some point so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the wobbly drivers seat doesn't get worse haha
I'm down here again today hopefully bailing out before I get hit with that shitty CA traffic back to Orange County on my way home.

The driver seat mount isn't too bad, the foam is blown out pretty bad though. The passenger bucket has some play in it though, I just haven't made the time to see what's causing it. Ideally I would like to figure out how to bolt all the seats in OEM locations. Anyone know anyone out there that makes sliding mounts for prps/beards/mastercrafts/etc?
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

S00TLYFE wrote:
zachwabbit wrote:You were right by me! I go to school in San Marcos. Are you having issues with the oem bucket seat mounts? Went through 3 different combos of oem seats and sliders in my '90 and had to have the floor rewelded, haven't messed with the ones in my '89 yet and the floor looks like it was already rewelded at some point so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the wobbly drivers seat doesn't get worse haha
I'm down here again today hopefully bailing out before I get hit with that shitty CA traffic back to Orange County on my way home.

The driver seat mount isn't too bad, the foam is blown out pretty bad though. The passenger bucket has some play in it though, I just haven't made the time to see what's causing it. Ideally I would like to figure out how to bolt all the seats in OEM locations. Anyone know anyone out there that makes sliding mounts for prps/beards/mastercrafts/etc?
No but lemme know what you find, eventually I'd like to ditch my front buckets for suspension seats as the oem buckets are sometimes hard on my back(I'm only 20, go figure). Plan B is have something fabricated to bolt the seats to, kinda like this
Potato.
zachwabbit

1989 Build

Post by zachwabbit »

ImageImage
snowman429
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco alot of work

Post by snowman429 »

If this link works it talks about using the factory sliders with suspension seats.
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7421
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Angle Iron worked for me, just remember the driver side seat needs to go to the passenger side 1" or your seat will be off center of the steering wheel.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
S00TLYFE

Re:

Post by S00TLYFE »

snowman429 wrote:If this link works it talks about using the factory sliders with suspension seats.
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7421
This is good stuff I'm definitely reading the whole thing thank you!
snowman429
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco alot of work

Post by snowman429 »

Your welcome. I'll try to snap some pictures of my mounts in the next couple of days.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

RyanDS650X wrote:Angle Iron worked for me, just remember the driver side seat needs to go to the passenger side 1" or your seat will be off center of the steering wheel.
If you happen to have any pictures is greatly appreciate it.
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

Ill pull the passenger seat this weekend and snap a pic.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

-shockseals.com
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

Finally got a weekend home from being in chicago for work and decided to get the ratty interior pulled out and start cleaning up the inside. Removed and fixed 25+ years of bro rigged electrical and pulled the sagged out headliner and blown out carpet. Gonna put down the rubber flooring for carpet and considering hyrdoturf for the headliner, buddy of mine is a pro jet skier and put hyrdoturf in his XJ, 3+ years later it's held up well and looks good too. Also set my PRPs in there to see how it would look. Gonna head to Schorr Metals next weekend and get some angle iron to mount the stock sliders to the seats. Not sure what I'm gonna do for the rear yet. A guy had a mount for sale for a rear bench but I've been out of town for over a month and haven't been in contact. Hope he still has it. Anyway, here are some progress pictures.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (247.6 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (117.38 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (136.05 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (94.66 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

I've been home from Chicago for about a month, but in between then and now I had a graduation to attend, I got engaged, and tons of other stuff that got left on the backburner while I was gone got done and this weekend I FINALLY got some time to start tearing this thing apart.
IMG_6658 (1).JPG
IMG_6658 (1).JPG (701.16 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
Initially I was planning on going straight to coilovers and a full kit from Solo on everything, but now with a wedding to pay for and it being hard enough to carve out time to even work on this thing, I decided to just get a cheapo superlifts 4" kit with the radius arms and run that so I can get back out on dirt. Plan is to run that in the front with the deavers I scored from Chris (thanks again for the smoking deal) and then throw some 5100s underneath when I blow out the superlift shocks that came with it, which im assuming will be sooner than later, but time will tell.
IMG_6654.JPG
IMG_6654.JPG (692.86 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
IMG_6653.JPG
IMG_6653.JPG (562.83 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
the brakes pulsated horribly and I figured I just had a warped rotor, I had no idea these trucks came with phenolic pistons, until this I always thought they used them on small passenger cars.
IMG_6556.JPG
IMG_6556.JPG (399.18 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
So new calipers were in order, and since I was doing that and the brake lines didn't look too sweet, I went ahead and ordered some extended braided lines. 1 rotor was beyond saving, so I went ahead and ordered a new one and in the mean time decided I might as well take the time to order some Warn Premiums since I was doing new seals and bearings too.
Attachments
IMG_6656.JPG
IMG_6656.JPG (663.66 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Lookin good, congrats on the engagement too! I still need to tear down my front end too, I just never have time and I'm worried it'll just sit on jacks forever hah
Potato.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

zachwabbit wrote:Lookin good, congrats on the engagement too! I still need to tear down my front end too, I just never have time and I'm worried it'll just sit on jacks forever hah

Thanks brotha!

And I hear you I limped this thing home from
Hammers somehow tore the wheels off to see what was going on, and then got sent to Chicago from February until the third week of April and it sat like that. Just start stacking parts and then get a couple buddies together over one weekend to bang it out. Best thing you can do!
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

finally got the seat brackets all done up and mounted. gonna try mounting them in the truck tonight when I get home from work.

big thanks to everyone that helped me with the whole angle iron idea, it was super simple and easy to do. 3/8" was massive overkill, but I had some laying around so the price was right.
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (374.84 KiB) Viewed 989 times
IMG_6641.JPG
IMG_6641.JPG (498.63 KiB) Viewed 989 times
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

Front seats are in!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (14.95 KiB) Viewed 956 times
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

Picked these up last week along with getting a bunch of other stuff knocked out this weekend. pics and updates to come!
35x12.50's on 15" Alcoas (Thanks again Will)
IMG_6751.JPG
IMG_6751.JPG (122.78 KiB) Viewed 904 times