Granny gear 5.0 Bronco build

zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

Picked up this '60 F100 trailer dirt cheap today
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Granny gear 5.0 Bronco build

Post by dtbback »

Nice!
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Had to leave it at my work last night because the tires were trashed, got it home today after ditching the original split steel wheels and bias ply tires for some mismatched 31s and steel Bronco wheels after some bargaining. Struggling to focus on finishing my Bronco hah
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Some more bumper progress. It's takin forever cuz my buddy is doin this for free in between actual fabrication jobs so I gotta wait till he has time to work on it. Can't complain tho, it's saving me a lot of money and looks a lot better than the bent factory bumper
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

ImageImage
Is it just me or does my transfer case skid plate look backwards..? I've seen it both ways, but seems kind pointless to have a big upside scoop with the open end forward to get caught on more stuff
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Windows tinted for camping privacy, 5% rear and 35% front

Front bumper and skid done
All painted up
Finally got around to installing the flooring I bought off Willy, this is just with the rear installed
ImageImage
Finally got her out in 4wd again, this is at Mottola Ranch for my shops 2-day company outing. Overall everything worked great, managed to stuff a full size Coleman air bed in the back for me and my girlfriend, and sill had enough room to stuff my tools and guns in the front of the cab. Oddly enough though we woke up this morning to a decent amount of condensation covering the inside of the windows, shell ceiling, and dash even though all windows and doors were shut and locked all night while we slept.. And my cheap pepboys shift knob finally wore out, it's time to find something actually made for my shifter or that at least holds better.
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

Bumpers came out really good man!
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

S00TLYFE wrote:Bumpers came out really good man!
Thanks! When you comin down to have Fred build yours?
Potato.
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Day before my birthday got a little carried away with the spray paint and tried something I've been thinking about for awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Imagethe next morning took her out to Corral Canyon with my girl and my buddy and his girl tagged along in their JKU for a little bday adventureImageImageImage
I have to say she did pretty well for not having lockers, bent my passenger door and mangled my rear license plate a bit coming down these rocks, define ugly time for sliders, and might relocate my plate higher, also need more flex in the rear, gonna ditch the rear seat bar altogether or figure out a custom quick release for itImage then I got high centered.. Hung up my transfer case skid on a boulder and my buddy's JKU couldn't pull her fat ass off it, so with some help from some other wheelers, a couple hi-lift jacks and one winch and a tow strap later and I was off hahaImage
ImageImage again overall the Bronc did well for being the only Fullsize out on the trail and mishaps were due to operator error lol, after wards went to Dick's Last Resort downtown and had a few drinks, so it was a good birthday. Can't wait to take her out again but I need to change some things for sure

Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

With a little more practice and maybe a little lift on there you should be just as capable as those other guys, no problem. Honestly it's like 90% driver skill on what you can do off-road until you get Into the really knurly stuff.

zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Tchajagos wrote:With a little more practice and maybe a little lift on there you should be just as capable as those other guys, no problem. Honestly it's like 90% driver skill on what you can do off-road until you get Into the really knurly stuff.

I'm still sticking with my original plan of 2" taller coils and shocks but minus the forward most shocks on each corner, just waiting for time and money to buy all new bushings, ball joints, yada yada, to freshen up the front end. Then I'll leave the rear suspension stock for now but I have some gear issues that need to be addressed eventually
Potato.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

zachwabbit wrote:
I will hopefully have it back together this week or the week after, might be a couple months though I've had to sink money into a lot of stuff lately so might wait a bit to stack some cash back up in the mean time, then ill probably drop it down there sometime and leave it with him.

I wanted to go Hankook MTs on mine since im running 15s but no luck they discontinued them. I ended up telling my buddy to order me the AT2's also, how'd yours do out on the trail?
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

S00TLYFE wrote:
zachwabbit wrote:
I will hopefully have it back together this week or the week after, might be a couple months though I've had to sink money into a lot of stuff lately so might wait a bit to stack some cash back up in the mean time, then ill probably drop it down there sometime and leave it with him.

I wanted to go Hankook MTs on mine since im running 15s but no luck they discontinued them. I ended up telling my buddy to order me the AT2's also, how'd yours do out on the trail?
No worries, I know Fred's busy right now caging another Bronco and building some Jeep stuff, and I'm bugging him to build me sliders lol. And I'm still lovin my AT2's, did great in the dirt, mud, and rocks, they're definitely not a mud tire as they bogged a bit at first when I hit a deep mud hole off the trail but quickly self cleaned and pulled me out. I didn't even air down, was at 35psi the whole trip on and off road. I think they're worth it, if I had to buy tires again right now I'd buy em for sure
Potato.
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Oh and I posted a pic awhile ago of me with the front tire up on the rock, if you look you can see the sidewall flexing, that was at 35psi as well, I'm sure I'd get even better results if I aired down, but I don't have beadlocks, and only a weenie harbor freight air pump so I just leave em
Potato.
S00TLYFE

Post by S00TLYFE »

haha same! eventually ill shoot for onboard air, but not yet.

and that's rad eventually ill see if hes down to cage my rig too, so its no rush. just trying to hit dirt!
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Right now I'm looking into redoing the 8.8 I currently have under the rear of my Bronc or the spare 8.8 Travis gave me(and Chris so kindly hung onto till I could have it picked up), after my last wheeling trip I've decided I need more traction, so been lookin for used stuff to stuff in my axles n stuff. Haha so what gear ratio do you guys think is best? It's more of a weekend trail rig still that sees street use for taking my girl out on dates and sometimes driving to work, I'm still on 33s too. So what should I be aiming for; factory LSD, mini spool, locker? Keep in mind I'm on a tight tire buster kid budget, and will install everything I can on my own
Potato.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Stock gears seem to be fine under mine with 33s. With the 5.8

zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

The stock gears you have in that 8.8 you gave me? Honestly my Bronco does fine right now with the stock gears it has, especially since I have granny low, but I figured lower gearing couldn't hurt. Mainly I'm just trying to get both wheels spinning, not a fan of having a one wheel wonder haha
Potato.
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Although if I regard the rear I'd have to regear the front to match.. Which is just another expense I don't need...
Potato.