Granny gear 5.0 Bronco build

AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Re: Granny gear 5.0 Bronco build

Post by AussieRod »

Friction modifier is added to help the clutch plates slide against the steel plates smoothly during operation (cornering or low traction conditions). Chatter usually happens when plain gear oil is used without the FM. The plate sticks to the steel and releases suddenly under breakaway torque, in rapid succession, causing what we would call "chatter'. I personally prefer NOT to use FM, because I want the LSD to bite, not "slip" as much. Each to their own.
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

AussieRod wrote:Friction modifier is added to help the clutch plates slide against the steel plates smoothly during operation (cornering or low traction conditions). Chatter usually happens when plain gear oil is used without the FM. The plate sticks to the steel and releases suddenly under breakaway torque, in rapid succession, causing what we would call "chatter'. I personally prefer NOT to use FM, because I want the LSD to bite, not "slip" as much. Each to their own.
Hmm interesting. I picked up a couple tubes after my ambulance mechanic buddy advised me it would be wise to do it so I don't prematurely wear out the clutches n stuff but yeah I agree id rather it grab at low speed than slip, I just don't really want it sticking at freeway speeds
Potato.
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

Who's all goin to the Leduc swap meet this weekend in Morongo? I'll be there in my friends 2wd CCLB bullnose dually
Potato.
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

I'll be there with my buddy craig will be there in a white ccsb obs on 37s
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)