Bray's 96 Sleeper

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by dtbback »

Will the ride height be lower?
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

This thing has become a restored updated classic with long travel. Nice build
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Looking great Bray.......

Question for you, 200/300 spring rate? Does a bigger shock allow for lower spring rate? I thought you were running much heavier than that.
DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Re:

Post by DMbronco »

Wrightracing.net wrote:Looking good, I saw the tin work a few pages back and did not see any venting near the headers or in the top. Are you concerned that all that sheet metal will hold in all that heat we get under the hood? I have seen guys with paint peeling in the metal hood and browning of the underside of fiberglass.

Love the Bronco.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Thanks David!

I have had this discussion with a lot of folks who have more background and expertise than I, and most seem to think it's gonna be just fine.

I held off on coating the tin work to leave myself an out should I want to cut out portions and replace with mesh.

The consensus is that I am replacing a black steel hood with a lighter glass hood, and that the aluminum underhood wont be as significant a heat generator as stock set up.

Regarding the vertical tinwork in the wheel wells, they allow for open breathing for the headers and a triangular opening toward the front of the wheel well.

I'll throw up some pics when I get the chance to show the finished product.

She has never ran hot before, so I will keep an eye out for anything different.
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

dtbback wrote:Will the ride height be lower?

Hey Will,

Ride height is pretty much where I want it, which is a bit taller than most builds on here. I like to play on the tight and rocky trails a bit more than most big bronco guys.

The ass end looks high for two reasons; no bumper, spare, top or gear to squat her down.

Also, the rear bedsides are trimmed for the rear bumper which makes it look taller too.

Pretty sure she'll end up right where I want her
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

funinthesun95 wrote:This thing has become a restored updated classic with long travel. Nice build
Thanks Willie!

Hoping that hiding all the dzus tabs on the fenders can help preserve a bit of the sleeper feel.

My Old Man says no way and that ship has sailed. We'll see haha
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

tcm glx wrote:Looking great Bray.......

Question for you, 200/300 spring rate? Does a bigger shock allow for lower spring rate? I thought you were running much heavier than that.

Yo T!

My contact at King says this is what they recommend based on the specs I gave em- I thought the same thing you did and assumed it was due to 3" bodied shocks.

Good news is King will allow me to swap out these coils if they aren't what i'm looking for (which is good news bc 3" coil springs are pricey)
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

DMbronco wrote:
dtbback wrote:Will the ride height be lower?

Hey Will,

Ride height is pretty much where I want it, which is a bit taller than most builds on here. I like to play on the tight and rocky trails a bit more than most big bronco guys.

The ass end looks high for two reasons; no bumper, spare, top or gear to squat her down.

Also, the rear bedsides are trimmed for the rear bumper which makes it look taller too.

Pretty sure she'll end up right where I want her
Now it makes sense.
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by birdco85 »

DMbronco wrote:
birdco85 wrote:That is perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just like your wiring job Darren!!!! Hopefully I can get it as tidy as you left it the first time haha
Ahhh shucks! You're making me blush!!! I want to update that maxi fuse holder though to a breaker.

DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

birdco85 wrote:
DMbronco wrote:
birdco85 wrote:That is perfect!

Just like your wiring job Darren!!!! Hopefully I can get it as tidy as you left it the first time haha
Ahhh shucks! You're making me blush!!! I want to update that maxi fuse holder though to a breaker.

anytime Darren- i will shoot you a text next week and see if we can link up...
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

so after another 16 weeks of bonding' with Team Richer, she is off to our very own Leighlan (whiteRhino), owner of Mobile Mechanical Solutions, for the final AC and HVAC assembly.

I know lots of you have worked with Leigh in the past- but for those of you who haven't- he is a great dude.

DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

Took her for a windshield-less drive through oceanside to get reacquainted- I forgot how much i love this big ol b.....

Snapped a few shots to get an idea of what the stance will look like. Tough to tell without bumpers and grille- but so far so good...

Adamysr
Bronco Info: Currently have a jeep ZJ. Looking into a bronco to build

Post by Adamysr »

not sure if its me or not, but cant see the photos. Ive noticed somethings up with photobucket over the last couple days
nubreed71
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Post by nubreed71 »

nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

It's not you, it's just Photobucket shooting themselves in the foot...
De$ertBronco
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Post by De$ertBronco »

nubreed71 wrote:It's not you, it's just Photobucket shooting themselves in the foot...
Is there a reason you guys don't just attach photos from your PC? That's how I do it on my build thread, just curious...
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Josh, I've always done that because that way you're not at the mercy of the forum software and having issues with pics getting lost, a la Dezertrangers way back in the day. Plus I already had a photobucket account and it always seemed to work well for me. Let's hope they figure this one out because if I end up losing all the pics on my build thread, I'm way too lazy to go back and repost everything...lol.
De$ertBronco
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Post by De$ertBronco »

nubreed71 wrote:Josh, I've always done that because that way you're not at the mercy of the forum software and having issues with pics getting lost, a la Dezertrangers way back in the day. Plus I already had a photobucket account and it always seemed to work well for me. Let's hope they figure this one out because if I end up losing all the pics on my build thread, I'm way too lazy to go back and repost everything...lol.
Guess I'm glad I did mine the way I did :P
nubreed71

Post by nubreed71 »

Sure looks that way. I suspect though that once PB realizes that they've totally pissed off the bulk of their customers, they'll probably back off on this one.

Let's get back to talking about interesting stuff, like Broncos! :-)
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I've got multiple build threads on multiple forums with over 10 years of pics on photoSUCKit. All gone in a poof. Forums like this one where there really isn't some super low photo limitation I attach most of the time, except when I update my build thread on 3-4 sites at once & copy & past with the photosuckit links. Hopefully they come to their senses as rad build threads like this all over are lacking because of it.

In the mean time I'll go back to attaching pics here & hope Bray & others do the same so we can still see pics of these sweet builds.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects