Bray's 96 Sleeper

Tanner287
Bronco Info: 95 351 4.5" beams full cage front to rear 9" q80 deavers

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by Tanner287 »

Awsome build man!!
I'm curipis about the coating on the floor you did because I was looking at some brands to do that with, who did you use? What do you think you spent on it? And of course are you happy with it?
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

I'm a fan!!! Love the truck amigo.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Seabass wrote:This thing is amazing! This exactly how I pictured building mine. Great execution on not letting the build snowball into a monster like most "sleeper" buids have on here.
It's definitely a sleeper but I'm pretty sure that frosty the snowman and is inside the cabin ever agopretty sure that frosty the snowman and is inside the cab of that bronco lol.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Great job, she looks awesome!
DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Post by DMbronco »

thanks for the comments fellas!

the sound deadener is Al's Liner HNR (heat noise reducer). it's basically a knock off of Lizard Skin.

Defintely helped, but I am gonna tear everything out after summer and fatmat over it all, and recover the front with the vinyl flooring, and overlay the rear with the matching mat. Can't resist trying to quiet her down even more.
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

also, I think that HNR was 40 bucks a bucket on amazon; went through almost 2, but i did the inside of the top with it as well.
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

@ Seabass, thank man- i can see the perils over taking that one step that break's the sleeper camel's back.

i agonized over keeping the stock front bumper, and worried i'd blow my sleeper cover so to speak. in retrospect, super stoked with the outcome.

fortunately, necessity dictates I can't really let the exterior dimensions snowball ie going wider, sporting fiberglass, etc, as I need to be able to creep and crawl around with my Pops in his '73 bronco.
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

@ Tony, this is all your fault brother! Your truck set the 'stock width standard' for me haha!

also, HID headlights by our own TCMGLX, Tony!
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

Ryan- dig your build man, and if i didnt have CA smog nazis, I woulda had to copy your motor build. As it is, had to stay more mild to keep her in COMmiePLIANCE with the state

BTW, keep posting the sand drag vids and representing SBF power!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Loving this Bray! Really well thought out with what you wanted and well executed by the guys at Richer. Really loving all the work I see coming outta there recently. It's a very capable truck that really is a sleeper. All the fine details (tie down straps at C pillars, armada engineering eyelets for harnesses, etc.) are just awesome!

Thanks for the info on the Al's HNR - I was going to ask that question but then saw 2 others had the same idea. I noticed you rolled it on & then sprayed something over it. Did you spray the Al's bedliner over it? I've been planning on spraying my crew both inside & out, up & down the firewall, in the doors, etc. I want to kill as much noise as possible, but I hate carpet in trucks, so I know it's not going to get as quiet as a carpeted truck with fatmat or similar underneath.

I keep going back & forth between Raptor and Al's for the liner, so I'd love to hear your opinion/experience with Al's.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

DMbronco wrote:@ Tony, this is all your fault brother! Your truck set the 'stock width standard' for me haha!

:D :D

We need a photoshoot. Yours, Roberts, Vics and mine........ 4 black stock width rigs built to go!!! And when Cho is done, we can bring his so we can all cry and start going wider! LOL
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

DMbronco wrote:thanks for the comments fellas!

the sound deadener is Al's Liner HNR (heat noise reducer). it's basically a knock off of Lizard Skin.

Defintely helped, but I am gonna tear everything out after summer and fatmat over it all, and recover the front with the vinyl flooring, and overlay the rear with the matching mat. Can't resist trying to quiet her down even more.

You will dig the fatmat, that is what I used and I like it. No smell, and definitely quiets it down.
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

Hey Steve!

great to see you making progress as well brother! FYI, that drill press has worked really well for my dad- thanks again for the deal..

seems like not too long ago we were crawling under the truck trying to figure out how I FUBARed the radius arm crossmember on Vic's old Camburg kit- how things change eh?

i originally planned on shooting the bedliner using a texture gun (drywall application), but when I mixed up the bedliner, I realized that was gonna create much more of a challenge and control would be an issue due to how thick it is.

Ended up rolling it on, and came out okay. I sourced a factory fit vinyl mat from JBG, bc I didnt want to look at all the factory lines on the floorpan- your rig may be prettier in that regard. In this case, glad I went with the vinyl, bc now I can hide fatmat under it. Sitting on 150 square feet, so just a matter of time.
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

tcm glx wrote:
DMbronco wrote:@ Tony, this is all your fault brother! Your truck set the 'stock width standard' for me haha!

:D :D

We need a photoshoot. Yours, Roberts, Vics and mine........ 4 black stock width rigs built to go!!! And when Cho is done, we can bring his so we can all cry and start going wider! LOL

I am in- all we gotta do is convince you all to wait for me to get back in April for the Ocotillo run!!!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

DMbronco wrote:Hey Steve!

great to see you making progress as well brother! FYI, that drill press has worked really well for my dad- thanks again for the deal..

seems like not too long ago we were crawling under the truck trying to figure out how I FUBARed the radius arm crossmember on Vic's old Camburg kit- how things change eh?

i originally planned on shooting the bedliner using a texture gun (drywall application), but when I mixed up the bedliner, I realized that was gonna create much more of a challenge and control would be an issue due to how thick it is.

Ended up rolling it on, and came out okay. I sourced a factory fit vinyl mat from JBG, bc I didnt want to look at all the factory lines on the floorpan- your rig may be prettier in that regard. In this case, glad I went with the vinyl, bc now I can hide fatmat under it. Sitting on 150 square feet, so just a matter of time.
Glad the drill press is coming in handy & getting some use. And yes, I can't believe how fast time is just rolling by! Glad to see your rig getting some very sweet parts.

Thanks for the input on the HNR stuff. My floor pan isn't anything "pretty" by any means, but I'm all good with the "industrial" look.
DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

had to come up with a coolant overflow solution due to clearance issues with factory wiper fluid res/ radiator overflow.

so, cut factory box in half to retain windshield res and pump assembly, then found this 32 oz res on Summit Racing.

Whaddaya know, it bolts right into the bypass shock mount on the front of the SWP coilover bucket

not an inch to spare

DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

kept it cushy with some browbar mounted visors (Tony, I will get you pics next time bud- sorry i keep forgetting!)

DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

missed a few pics of CHO's skills earlier in the thread
\
rear bench mount

and in

DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

CHO stacking dimes

DMbronco

Post by DMbronco »

Big thanks for Broncos being the tool of much Father Son bonding out in the middle of nowhere (Ocotillo)