The Goonwagon

zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Re: The Goonwagon

Post by zachwabbit »

Dang! I live in San Diego and I missed out haha nice buy, that thing is definitely a sweet rig. I like your spare mount setup, can't think of any Bronc's off the top of my head with something similar, reminds me of a fully built Ramcharger I saw online somewhere awhile back though
Potato.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Right on, good to know that the 395 is plenty to have fun with. Glad it went well for you with no issues.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Kartman wrote:Put 2000 miles on the new motor. I was not thrilled on the street but in the dirt, Holy Crap! What an improvment. Ive had this truck over a year and not its finally what I thought it would be. Aside frma minor brake line issue it ran like a raped ape all week at the 1000. Cant wait to go flog it again.

A little vid from the big silt bed at Camalu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5KWZzv3CEc

This is the same spot from race day

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... 3587_o.jpg

Got bored driving home today so I made this dumb video also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upz3S9qkgVI

Why aren't you happy with the street performance?
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

dtbback wrote:Why aren't you happy with the street performance?
Cause he can't powerslide into corners....
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Kartman
Bronco Info: 88 with big shocks and stuff.

Post by Kartman »

LOl kinda what Philo said. Im not unhappy, its that it could use another 100-200hp on the street to be really fun. It have adequate power for everything now, just not amazing or insane power
Facebook, - Instagram - Twitter
DurkaDurkaPhoto
Kartman

Post by Kartman »

Also, loaded for the Baja 1000 the truck is about 7300 lbs.
DurkaDurkaPhoto
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Kartman wrote:LOl kinda what Philo said. Im not unhappy, its that it could use another 100-200hp on the street to be really fun. It have adequate power for everything now, just not amazing or insane power

Never satisfied....lmao
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Kartman wrote:Also, loaded for the Baja 1000 the truck is about 7300 lbs.
7300 LBS?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! Now that's a well fed pony!!
Kartman

Post by Kartman »

tcm glx wrote:
Kartman wrote:LOl kinda what Philo said. Im not unhappy, its that it could use another 100-200hp on the street to be really fun. It have adequate power for everything now, just not amazing or insane power

Never satisfied....lmao
I can always swap to Aluminum heads down the road if I really want more power. Right now its fantastic in the dirt and has enough power to push the truck at 85 effortlessly on the freeway, which is really all I want.

Its good enough now that I am considering taking it out to a local track day, just because it would be ridiculous and awesome
DurkaDurkaPhoto
Kartman

Post by Kartman »

dtbback wrote:
Kartman wrote:Also, loaded for the Baja 1000 the truck is about 7300 lbs.
7300 LBS?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! Now that's a well fed pony!!
Yep, its a pig.

This was about a year ago before the running gear was swapped out. It had a full tank but no gear inside

DurkaDurkaPhoto
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Let me know when you hit the track, I'd like to see how my
Mine stacks up against yours.
mounty71
Bronco Info: Mercury Mountaineer

The Goonwagon

Post by mounty71 »

This has got to be one of the cooler Broncos out there! Any complaints about the location of the trans cooler under the floor? That's about the only place I can find to put a larger one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kartman

Post by Kartman »

Yes the trans cooler under the truck sucked. Got packed full of dirt. Trans hit 260 in 2 miles of Wash at Parker when it was 80 out.

Tightened converter and added another trans cooler and moved them under the hood, flat behind the headlight. Trans stays super cool now. Went 25 miles uphill through Chanate wash in SF after teh 500 while it was 110 out. Trans never got over 209.
DurkaDurkaPhoto
Deslboy
Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 351. Currently being built. Solo c&t beams, solo radius arms, solo shock hoops

Post by Deslboy »

just curious, how are you able to get this motor to pass smog? Im seeing a few broncos that have these built motors and still have Ca plates. I would love to build a nice motor for mine but the whole smog issue is a bitch
Kartman

Post by Kartman »

Im not in CA
DurkaDurkaPhoto
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Deslboy wrote:just curious, how are you able to get this motor to pass smog? Im seeing a few broncos that have these built motors and still have Ca plates. I would love to build a nice motor for mine but the whole smog issue is a bitch
Easiest way is to register it in a zone 3 area that only requires smog checks upon sale of the vehicle. Lots of rigs registered out in the desert........
Deslboy
Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 351. Currently being built. Solo c&t beams, solo radius arms, solo shock hoops

Post by Deslboy »

thanks for the info. My dads river house has a Needles address and my brother has a river house in Fort mohave, AZ. Perhaps one of these will work
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

The Goonwagon

Post by philofab »

Fort Mohave, yes. Needles, no. Needles has smog since it is San Bernardino county.
Kartman

Post by Kartman »

My bad luck continues. The 393 stroker motor shit the bed recently. It was making a small amount of noise, and had no power loss at NORRA and the 500, but when it was pulled apart after we found this.

Currently debating between a 351 based ATK crate engine and an LQ/LS swap. For a variety of reasons, including already having a 4L80E I am leaning heavily towards an LQ/LS right now.

DurkaDurkaPhoto
Kartman

Post by Kartman »

The 117 degree temps at the 500 also convinced me to upgrade the AC. The factory air blew cool and at maybe 30cfm and wot cut it anymore.

I found my replacement in the industrial/mining industry. Got an AC/Evap unit from Red Dot, it will use the factory compressor and roof mount condenser that will be hidden in the roof rack. 20,000 BTUs of heat and AC and 230cfm.

I was initially a bit worried how low the unit would hang down but the guys at the shop were able to cut out in the inner roof sheet metal and tuck the unit up so the bottom of the AC is level with the top of the windshield cage tube. Its only 13 inches deep as well so the vents are in the perfect spot to blow cold air on the people in the front seats (i have no back seats).

DurkaDurkaPhoto