The Champ
Bronco Info: 1994 5.0 Bronco. Solo Motorsports all the way around

Re: Baja 1000 bound - Anejo

Post by agavelouis »

SteveG wrote:
Not bad. That's a heavy truck!
You ain't kiddin!!!!

philofab wrote:
agavelouis wrote:Well, Bronco didn't die and ran like a champ without most of the vacuum lines.

Just gotta figure out a wiring issue that is popping the ignition fuse when you try to start with the key.
The maxi fuse that is blowing is #10 which feeds #15, #18, and the starter solenoid.

I pulled #15 and #18 was not used so nothing was there. This leaves the starter relay wire being shorted from the ignition switch to the relay somewhere or possible that not having the cruise control recall is at fault. I didn't unhook the pressure switch on the end of the MC to see if it fixes it. I can't remember where the cruise pulled power from before the recall is installed.

There is also a small chance your ignition switch itself is bad. I'd unhook the start wire from the solenoid and unplug the ignition switch then check for ground on that circuit to help narrow down the issue.
Cool, I'll check those Philo. I though you had it nailed when you unplugged the curise off the master cylinder. Maybe that loom is actually shorting to itself?
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

agavelouis wrote:Cool, I'll check those Philo. I though you had it nailed when you unplugged the curise off the master cylinder. Maybe that loom is actually shorting to itself?
My guess is that it's somewhere near there or the other CC switch on the MC. I could hear continuity coming and going as I moved that section around.
agavelouis
The Champ

Post by agavelouis »

Some shots from yesterday. Had a quick test session for one of the shop Raptors that is getting picked up, so I brought out Añejo for moral support, and the tools that were still packed in her from Mexico.
Attachments
sideSmall.jpg
sideSmall.jpg (222.32 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
bump.jpg
bump.jpg (215.11 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
atspeed.jpg
atspeed.jpg (295.15 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Sikkkamore?
Mojo
Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs

Post by Mojo »

Really cool shots!!!
agavelouis
The Champ

Post by agavelouis »

RyanDS650X wrote:Sikkkamore?

Yup
tbeaton
Bronco Info: 1995 xlt black

Post by tbeaton »

well you just helped me make up my mind. I have been eyeing that kit. we don't have the same terrain out here in the north east and figured that solo kit would do the trick.
agavelouis
The Champ

Post by agavelouis »

tbeaton wrote:well you just helped me make up my mind. I have been eyeing that kit. we don't have the same terrain out here in the north east and figured that solo kit would do the trick.

Glad I could help! I love it.

Beat it up for 500 miles in Baja on the racecourse, drove it back to the hotel every night +-300 miles and she still could have drove home from La Paz to Phoenix if needed.

I am going to make some shock changes, as the off the shelf Fox stuff is a touch soft for carrying faster speeds. As a daily driver, and fun / flexy trail rig it is QUITE impressive out of the box.

I do have the coil-over up front with a 12" Fox. Eibach 12" 350 over 14" 450

12" x 2.5" Fox piggy back triple bypass in the back.
tbeaton

Post by tbeaton »

I like how it looks to work well while keeping it the stock width up front. If you take an vids post them up.
tbeaton

Post by tbeaton »

what are the specs on your wheels?
agavelouis
The Champ

Post by agavelouis »

tbeaton wrote:what are the specs on your wheels?

Method Double Standard 15" x 8 x 3.5" backspace on 35" x 12.5 General Red Labels
tbeaton

Post by tbeaton »

any more vids of this thing ripping? whats the full build sheet on it?
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

I would have taken video in Mexico but I was too busy stopping a taco stands.
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Post by birdco85 »

HAHAHAHA ^^^^^^^^^^^
agavelouis
The Champ

Post by agavelouis »

tbeaton wrote:any more vids of this thing ripping? whats the full build sheet on it?
I'd have more video, but I am typically out bouncing around without people. We happened to be out testing some shop Raptors and I brought the Bronco out because it was still loaded with tools and equipment form Baja.

Solo Front beams (Stock width) with monoball upgrade
Solo Radius arms with 1 1/4 Heims
Solo Coil conversion - Fox 12" x 2.5" coil, 350/400
Custom intake

Solo Rear shackle - no drop bracket
Deaver Q-80's
Solo Underbed shock mount - Fox 12" x 2.5" Triple bypass

Method Double Standard 15" wheels
General Grabber Red label 35x12.50

4.88 gears front and rear

4 Beard Bucket Seats - I'm 6'2" and can sit in any of them and have plenty of room, super comfortable

PCI 4 Link intercom, headsets for all passengers
Race Radio

Custom front radius bumper with some Rigid's

Headers and exhaust this week(ish). Just need to bolt them up.

hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Looks good buddy. Bring that bad boy to Norra.
agavelouis
The Champ

Post by agavelouis »

hollandermotorsports wrote:Looks good buddy. Bring that bad boy to Norra.

Work 6 days a week, no Norra for me.
agavelouis
The Champ

Post by agavelouis »

Well, got the exhaust installed

Pacesetter 5.0L Bronco shorty headers (70-1312) and Magnaflow Bronco 5.0L Y-pipe (93307).

Exhaust manifolds came off without too much effort, as my stock y-pipe was broke at the collector and well they kinda just fell out. Ha

I don't know the specifics, or what I was missing from stock, but it seems like there may be many variances in the builds of the Bronco's pre-96. I removed the air pump not too long after I bought the Bronco, but never unhooked what I thought was any EGR stuff. Previous owner my have got to it before I did, as he had cut the cat out, replaced the O2 senser and had purchased but yet to install new spark plugs. My guess was he wasn't having any luck getting it smogged due to a bad cat and was trying anything that his friends could scheme up.

Anywho - Pacesetter headers

Went on pretty easy. Instructions pretty much worthless, and I tossed them right off the bat. Biggest thing to remember is to keep all of the bolts loose to allow a little bit of play until you have the last one in. Make sure you have O2 bung plugs, as the headers come with an O2 port on each side. I chose to put my headers on Saturday after work and searched all day Sunday for an autoparts store that carried these with no luck. I have them at work, but we are closed Sunday's so I just had to wait a day to play.

Magnaflow Y-pipe

Well, not much to this obviously. Comes with a slip on Cat that you don't have to install if you don't want to. Fit about 90% of how it should have. After some persuasion, it all worked out.

My stock stuff was 3", so the first thing I did back in July was put a Magnaflow 3" offset oval muffler on her, and a Magnaflow 3" Hi-flow Cat to help with the gassy fumes that encircle Bronco's at all times. The new Magnaflow Y-pipe is a 2.5", so I just took it to our shop next door neighbor who does exhaust work for the coupler to my previous stuff.

I am not a fan of a lot of engine noise in general, especially drones while driving for hundreds of miles at a time. I wouldn't say that the new header setup is any louder than the manifolds that were on it (may be due to cracked manifolds and exhaust leaks on the stock stuff). No drone, not loud = happy camper.

7.5/10 - Would recommend to a friend. Black coating on headers is not high temp so it bakes off - had to massage the fit on the Y-Pipe.

About 3-5 hours to remove old and install new in your garage. *I don't have stock coil buckets. Will take much longer if you do*