My 88' Project PreRunner

JASK1
Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco Eddie Bauer w/302 v8, 4" Rancho lift on Centerline Wheels and 33x12.5x15 Big O A/T

My 88' Project PreRunner

Post by JASK1 »

Ok so I picked up this 88' Bronco last summer and plan on turning it into a Desert Toy to take the family out to play in. And also to use as a Pre-runner/Chase Vehicle from time to time. It has the 302 V8 with a 40series FloMaster muffler and a 4" Rancho lift with 33" Big O' A/T's on 15" Centerlines. I've been slowly working my way through the front end, replacing all the worn out bushings and I just did the ball joints and wheel bearings. Did the brake pads and New rotors this week too. I've been experiencing the infamous Ford Death Wobble too, no fun. Found out I cracked a lift bracket. I can't wait to just do Cut and Turned and extended TTB's and get rid of the lift brackets all together. I'll be fabricating new bumpers front and back this weekend. I'll post pics of it...
JASK1
Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco Eddie Bauer w/302 v8, 4" Rancho lift on Centerline Wheels and 33x12.5x15 Big O A/T

Re: My 88' Project PreRunner

Post by JASK1 »

This is when I first bought it. A few pics...
Attachments
88' Bronco
88' Bronco
image.jpg (13.94 KiB) Viewed 1363 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (13.52 KiB) Viewed 1363 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

The brown n tan reminds me of the one my dad had when I was a kid, I like it!
JASK1

Post by JASK1 »

Thanks man. This is my second Bronco, I had a 92' Bronco XLT before this one that I never got to do what I wanted to it. That's cool you said your dad had one when you were a kid, My dad did too. He had a 92' XLT that was Charcoal Grey on I think 35" A/T's that I loved off-roading in. In fact that was one of the first trucks my dad ever let me drive out 4 wheeling. I was pissed when he traded it in on an Explorer when they first came out. But now as an adult I understand his motivation for doing it since it was his daily driver and I'm sure the Bronco was killing him on gas driving all over LA on a daily basis. That though is definitely where my love for Bronco's came from.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

My dad had a brown n tan 84ish I think... It was a brick nose but I really can't remember the year. We had alot of good time 4bying all over through the hills. I wanted to go offroading the last time I went to see him ( last time I saw the bronco) he said "sorry son it caught on fire" and naturally I replied "WHAT???" So basically he said something shorted at the battery or the battery exploded and burned up the engine bay. I did look under the hood before he sold it. It was charcoal grey lol
Burned all up to the fire wall and everything. It got the rust oxide look from the heat. Poor poor bronco.
JASK1

Post by JASK1 »

Just added 35" Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrains on a 17" D-Window style Pro Comp Wheel in Flat Black. Took the front bumper off just in case they rubbed. Going to fabricate a pre-runner bumper very soon to replace it. I also picked up a back seat for $10 from Craig's List since I didn't have one. It fits nice, came from a 94 Suburban, 3rd row seat. I got 6" lift coils to replace my 4" ones, but changed my mind on using them I think.
JASK1

Post by JASK1 »

Pain in the ass loading pics, haha. Have to resize everything. Don't worry, I'll figure it out soon.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (23.75 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (27.23 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
Tanner287
Bronco Info: 95 351 4.5" beams full cage front to rear 9" q80 deavers

Post by Tanner287 »

Make a photobucket account and then you go to your picture in photo bucket go to copy and copy them img then copy it on here! Wayyyy easier then resizing
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Really like the rootbeer brown....
JASK1

Post by JASK1 »

Thanks guys for the advice. And yes the RootBeer Browns kinda growing in me. Most people either love it or hate it, haha!
JASK1

Post by JASK1 »

JASK1 wrote:Thanks guys for the advice. And yes the RootBeer Browns kinda growing on me. Most people either love it or hate it, haha!
JASK1

Post by JASK1 »

Damn, the Beast is finally on the road again. Was out of commission for the last few months. Hopefully money os better in 2015 and I can get back to building this thing right.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

If you take off the lift brackets soon let me know. Btw, loving the root beer brown! I was thinking of painting mine a similar color, midnight bronze.
JASK1

Post by JASK1 »

Well it's been awhile since I've been on here. Here's the latest update... The transmission took a crap on me so my baby has been parked for quite awhile. It's finally not my daily driver anymore either. I found out how difficult it can be to try to build and restore a vehicle when it's your only mode of transportation too. Most of the time I was doing everything i could just to keep it on the road instead of spending my time upgrading it and building it the way I envision it to look when I'm finished. I'm currently waiting for a close friend of mine to come and pick it up from my house in Henderson Nevada and take it back to his shop Orange County and begin caging it from front to back including bumpers and spare tire carriers. And he says he has someone who can rebuild my tranny for me for dirt cheap. I'll be in the market for lots of parts, so I'll be on here quite a bit trying to find all the right goodies to build my Bronco this winter.
thanks dtbback, I love it too. Not sure if you're still looking for brackets but I'll post them on GFB first when they finally do come off.