The Beast

Smith racing
Bronco Info: 1978 bronco class 3 and 8 smith racing was inspired from Moss Brothers

Re: The Beast

Post by Smith racing »

Dont worry about it, just keep dialing in the bronco, we may just come out to el paso some time when the new truck is done to race it.
Hauls Assington
Bronco Info: Under Construction

Post by Hauls Assington »

Heck yeah let me know.
Hauls Assington

Hauls Assington

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... RhfZScTzLI

Sorry i cant figure out how to post a youtube video with the screen showing.
I took my wife on a desert run to a steakhouse in the middle of nowhere for our 10th annaversary, and it poured right before we left, and we got to go down this slimey horrendously muddy road, while the float was stuck on the secondaries! I had to stay on the gas to keep the motor running, and not get stuck. We were on mile 3 of mud when the vid starts.

I will be getting that mud in my eyes until the end of time.
Hauls Assington

112mph has been achieved. She still had more, I don't have a long enough stretch to find out the top end. I was unable to make a video. I think I need a go pro or something.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

The fastest I had mine up to was just under 120mph on the 8 past Ocotillo heading to El Centro at 2am. GPS speedo, I still had the stock speedo at the time. That was with the AOD tranny, I don't see that happening with my new C6 in the Bronco and 4.88 gears.
Hauls Assington

The way it acted is that it was still pulling pretty good, really in the meat of the powerband at that speed. Im running a c6 and 3.55's at the moment with 33" bfgs. I will be going to 4.10's and 35's soon, I think i would have a hard time going that fast on 35's with 3.55's.
I wish 2nd gear was a little lower, with 1st and 3rd the same. Still have highway cruise, and a little more grunt in 2nd would be nice.

I am going to say 120 is absolutely hauling ass in a bronco! 112 was a little scary on dirt. Also, I think I need to take steps to improve my brakes, and steering. I think it needs a new steering box, it has a little more slop than I like.
Hauls Assington

Yesterday afternoon, I took my buddy for a danger cruise in the bronco, and we were on this run that took us right up next to a golf course. There was a rutted out road that went right next to a tee box with an old codger trying to tee off, I was hauling ass, and the ruts were so deep that I was dragging the rear end, so I went into the dez, and layed into it pretty good, sideways, kicking some roost and vegitation into the cartpath. That old man was so mad, he spun around and flung his driver at me.

It was the best moment so far in the beast. There he was, trapped in his grassy playground/cage, there we were, free. He couldn't handle it, he knew he had made some terrible decisions in life, trapping him, restraining and domesticating his inner speed demon.
Mojo
Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs

Post by Mojo »

I love it!!! :lol:
Hauls Assington

Well, I have been hauling ass in the beast for about a year now. Everything is good. I think the next phase is going to involve, lowering the rear 2", and lowering the front 1". It is just too tall, and feels like it wants to roll.

Then I want to do the autofab 2 link in the back, and 35" tires. And some burly bump stops front and back.

I added some lights recently.