Kritter's 96 Bronco

cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Kritter's 96 Bronco

Post by cs_drums »

I’m strongly for it against I just think it’s funny when people act like a LS is an easier cheaper option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Re: Kritter's 96 Bronco

Post by VintageIronFab »

Well you can do 560hp for about $7500 and while that’s a big chunk of cash. That’s a fully built engine not a JY piece. Not to mention there’s zero cutting welding to install and let’s face it anyone can install a SBF into a bronco with minimal tools. where the LS is not remotely that easy. I love the LS plateform just not ever in a Ford.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

Post by mobil1syn »

cs_drums wrote:I don’t understand the LS1 is simple and cheap. You need to change motor, trans, trans & motor mount, wiring, plumbing, driveshafts & wiring. Or build a stroker with decent parts and have it tuned.....

$3-4k and i have a stock motor that gets better mpg and makes similar power.

cheaper and simpler because fabrication is something i can do. motor building is not and so i have to write a check for that.
alpinejd3
Bronco Info: 1991 EB Prerunner

Post by alpinejd3 »

cs_drums wrote:I’m strongly for it against I just think it’s funny when people act like a LS is an easier cheaper option.

I just finished my LS swap and can confirm it wasn’t as easy as I thought and was not even close to as cheap. I’m happy with the end result, and could spare someone a lot of the headaches but your right I laugh too when people look at the price of the motor and forget accessories, computer, harness, re routing headers possibly even custom, etc.

cs_drums

Kritter's 96 Bronco

Post by cs_drums »

Not to mention everyone acts like they are gonna just grab a motor off Craigslist and not have to spend a few freshening it up.

Not matter the platform or motor, motor swaps and affordable aren’t in the same sentence hahah

cs_drums

Kritter's 96 Bronco

Post by cs_drums »

mobil1syn wrote:
cs_drums wrote:I don’t understand the LS1 is simple and cheap. You need to change motor, trans, trans & motor mount, wiring, plumbing, driveshafts & wiring. Or build a stroker with decent parts and have it tuned.....

$3-4k and i have a stock motor that gets better mpg and makes similar power.

cheaper and simpler because fabrication is something i can do. motor building is not and so i have to write a check for that.
Everyone I’ve talked to has about double that into there LS swap. Not saying it isn’t a great setup. I don’t know anyone not happy with it. I just think most jump into it or think about doing it underestimating what is actually involved.

VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Again if we are talking $4k then that builds a strong as hell roller 351 and for $7k-$8k that builds 550hp+ plus. Honestly time is money. Most people should understand that because that’s a legit truth. My 95 F150 is easily an off the lot bought and paid cash for 14 Raptor when you figure all the lost overtime hours and parts costs- and I’m not a $100 per hour guy - not close. Now if I had a nice 91 blazer it would 100% be LS and if desert speed was the goal I’d run beams!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
Whiterhino1
Bronco Info: 1994 bronco 4 inch lift 35's

Post by Whiterhino1 »

So kritter, on the stock manifold, did you do any porting to match the heads?
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

Whiterhino1 wrote:So kritter, on the stock manifold, did you do any porting to match the heads?
I personally did not, the engine builder maybe did. I left it all up to him.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com