Kritter's 96 Bronco

shockseals.com

Re: Kritter's 96 Bronco

Post by shockseals.com »

Got my parts from Lee...looking forward to slappin it all together in a couple weeks.

Sector shaft crack was pretty big. glad to have a new factory part in it now anyhow.
Attachments
2011-10-11_12-24-39_211.jpg
2011-10-11_12-24-39_211.jpg (108.41 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
2011-10-11_12-21-14_818.jpg
2011-10-11_12-21-14_818.jpg (78.61 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
SuperSixAxis
Bronco Info: 1996 5.8, E4OD

Post by SuperSixAxis »

This build is world class Kris.
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

93Mojo wrote:This build is world class Kris.
Thanks man. Its no show stopper but it gets the job done in comfort and looks stock.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

shockseals.com wrote:Thanks man. Its no show stopper but it gets the job done in comfort and looks stock.
That's the beauty of it. I have days that I hate my stock, old man looking Bronco. But, more often, I love that it flies under the radar and doesn't get a lot of attention.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

SteveG wrote:
shockseals.com wrote:Thanks man. Its no show stopper but it gets the job done in comfort and looks stock.
That's the beauty of it. I have days that I hate my stock, old man looking Bronco. But, more often, I love that it flies under the radar and doesn't get a lot of attention.

That pays dividends in mexico...I keep telling myself to re anodize the cone axle caps as anybody who knows...knows that shit aint cheap.
Last edited by shockseals.com on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Yup. Bling tends to attract attention from the wrong people. I don't even keep lights on mine unless I know I'll be using them.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
only1mikey
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco

Post by only1mikey »

Awesome looking bronco!

Not that I have any extra cash, but are you selling that custom leaf pack yet?

Mike
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

only1mikey wrote:Awesome looking bronco!

Not that I have any extra cash, but are you selling that custom leaf pack yet?

Mike
No. Its not proven yet...
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

amazing build kris! can't wait to go prerunning with you one of these days!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

Lets go!

I'm having some new beams built for it since the ones on it have just been cracking due to the way I gusseted them in the initial build. They should be on in time for mex (couple weeks).

Tommy Lee steering will be complete as well...
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

shockseals.com wrote:Lets go!

I'm having some new beams built for it since the ones on it have just been cracking due to the way I gusseted them in the initial build. They should be on in time for mex (couple weeks).

Details on gusseting and cracking? Pics?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

SteveG wrote:
shockseals.com wrote:Lets go!

Details on gusseting and cracking? Pics?
I gusseted the uniball on the back side but didnt plate the beam in all the way. Where the gusset ends they crack the bottom side of the beam and up the front.

The middle of the beam also cracks from the bottom side and up the front face.

I have welded the cracks and gusseted one bad crack and it just cracks through that. A couple laps at the powder puff with the girls and a few hot laps giving rides and there is now a new crack on the top side running down the front.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

Finally got the new plated beams on....the old ones are Charlie Foreman Racing CT Beams with uniballs. The old ones are very nice units that just need some plating where I chased cracks a few times. The right offer takes them.
Attachments
ttb.jpg
ttb.jpg (77.57 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
Frontrunner54
Bronco Info: 1988 EddieBoyEdition... Hungry for whoops.

Post by Frontrunner54 »

Damn man, thats a nice bronco! And I would copy that bumper... at least what your carrying.

How did the cage end up? Hoping you went with the 2" in the cab..? I wouldn't say its overkill at all,,, especially when your intentionaly building a fullsize go fast.

and Im not criticizing... just wondering why you chose to run the coilover, in front of the bypass?
Found.Off.Road.Dominating.
Seabass
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Post by Seabass »

Whats your theory on why the leaves failed so horrifically? did you have wrap or wind up issues before they shit the bed?

I checked out your face book pictures and saw Eric's "lobo". That thing is titties. I've been drooling over that thing on Pirate for a while. Almost went that way instead of the bronco. He just sent me his baja overlay from his GPS from a thread over there. It's kinda funny how small the offroad community gets from a few keystrokes and mouse clicks.
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

Coilover is in front of bypass becuase the bypass because I built the bypasses around a coilbucket set up I shitcanned...it really doesnt matter which way its done but thats why I did it that way. I would do it again that way or on a scratch built car because a coil blocks more debris from a shock shaft then a wide open shockshaft like on a non coil over and I dont like pitted shafts.

Cage is 1.75 x .120 and .095 wall.

2" is absolutely overkill and the bend radii would have made a cage that is not as roomy as mine is which is not safe.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

Seabass wrote:Whats your theory on why the leaves failed so horrifically? did you have wrap or wind up issues before they shit the bed?

I checked out your face book pictures and saw Eric's "lobo". That thing is titties. I've been drooling over that thing on Pirate for a while. Almost went that way instead of the bronco. He just sent me his baja overlay from his GPS from a thread over there. It's kinda funny how small the offroad community gets from a few keystrokes and mouse clicks.
Bad heat treat(lack thereof), bad design, over cycled.

Anybody using the factory bumpstop and an off the shelf pair of deavers will have the same result if they put enough hard miles on their rig. The leaf pack I designed while leaps and bounds better than the deaver packs is still overcycled and it has more than 3" of allowable up before it goes negative over a F53 pack or similar becuase I flipped the front eye. It also has a 1/4 wrap second leaf at the rear so when the main does fail...my leaf pack doesnt come through the cab and leave me stranded or blocked with a 4x8 and a ratchet strap around the axle.

Bailing wire and ductape will get the current pack home assuming a main leaf breaks. Thats peace of mind for me after breaking both deaver packs prerunning the 500 last year.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
Seabass
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Post by Seabass »

Dang. I know you said your running a custom pack now, who set it up for you? Sorry if this has already been asked. I've been reading your thread off and on when I have some down time at work and realize now I skipped a whole bunch. Hat's off to you on a bitchin' sleeper build. Hope to see you down at the 500, Maybe shoot the shit over a cervesa.
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

I designed them and had them made up north.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Any updates Kris....... How is she doing