Piyako's 94 Bronco

Piyakoracing
Bronco Info: 357w, crower cam, modified tranny and heads, 35's grabbers, bilsteins 5100's, 4inch lift chronomolly

Piyako's 94 Bronco

Post by Piyakoracing »

my 94 Mexican national bronco was a gift from my wife in 2010, bone stock other than a flowmaster at the time.
A little on this bronco's history. It was purchased by one of my wife's uncle who sells vehicles in Mex on a auction in 2002 with a dent door and front bumber on the drivers side. and it sat inside a shop for 8 years until on it was purchased to me as a gift.
when I got it I only used it to go to the desert to shoot the sh*t.
I then wanted something a little faster and better suspension. so I lifted it 4 inches, with some bilsteins 5100, added some Generals 35's, added a leaf installed some f150 05 leather seats.

after coming from the baja 500 in 2011 the engine gave up on me and lost compression

93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Re: Piyako's 94 Bronco

Post by 93Broncobuff »

welcome man nice bronk!!
Piyakoracing
Bronco Info: 357w, crower cam, modified tranny and heads, 35's grabbers, bilsteins 5100's, 4inch lift chronomolly

Post by Piyakoracing »

after the baja trip the engine gave up on me so I rebuild it, now is a 357 or 30 over, I installed some 86 Mustang heads, shift kit in the tranny and a dual exhaust with an X pipe.

I installed a crower 15111 speed density cam, nice torque but not very convineed on the cam choice.
Piyakoracing

Post by Piyakoracing »

http://youtu.be/Qk3aeL_ziPA
here is a video of the bronco running after being down for quite a while. the stock fuel pump was replaced for a 255gph pump
Piyakoracing

Post by Piyakoracing »

so now I got some free time on my hands and wanted to share my progress. once I got the bronco running from the fuel pump issue, I parked inside the garage and started to break the engine apart to upgrade the intake, heads, headers. I started on the interior as well. I'm going to work on what I already have. generals and shocks have no less than 5k miles, so Im going to fix all the details that it has. when I saw Tony's bronco the way it is and how clean it looks, that's when I decided to give it some TLC and work on it.
I clean the bronco before putting it on the garage
here is some of the progress on the Interior
I took the seats for sale by the way 150$ for all three

took the trim pieces out for painting

before
after

Piyakoracing

Post by Piyakoracing »

so now going back to the engine.

I took the top end out. the Mustang 86 Heads E6SE will be replaced with some Windsor Heads 2.02 intake valve, 1.60 exhaust, the old heads work good, the bronco felt lighter and in 4hi and 4lo going up the dunes it felt strong. Hopefully I have way more power and tq with these World Windsor SR. Heads. the Only concern that I have at this time is if the pushrods will fit perfect. the E6SE heads have pedestal mounts and the SR heads are stud heads, I really don't know if im going to have some issues there

Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

Push rod length might be about right, and the new heads have adjustable studs, however you need to make sure the pushrods you use are hardened for use with those guideplates. The pedestal rockers did not need the hardened pushrods. If they are not hardened, the guide plates will eat them up.
Piyakoracing

Post by Piyakoracing »

the intake manifold is a edelbrock 351w efi truck intake. It looks nice!! cant wait to have it installed. I installed a spacer too. but dont have pics of that one yet.

here there you have the new intake with the 24lbs injectors and the Fuel regulator which did not fit so I gotta replace it with another fuel regulator, because it does not bolt to the fuel rail.

Piyakoracing

Post by Piyakoracing »

300 you are right it makes total sense what you said. I'm gonna have to buy the chronomolly pushrods....$ :x
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Sweet build!
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

Good start, motor is looking nice
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I'm very curious how this turns out, I have similar heads and rockers, I'm interested to see what it's gonna take to make it run right. I can give u a pushrods length but I'm not shure if it will be the same. Also cut a 2 liter soda bottle, full it with oil and soak the pushrods submerged upright till bubbles stop comming out of them ( it takes a while) then put your finger over the hole ( like a straw fill of soda) before dropping them in for final install. It takes a few to build up the oil pressure n this way your not dry up top or on the lifters.
Piyakoracing

Post by Piyakoracing »

thank you guys. i just need to be patient.
Need Advise. my interior should be all black. im gonna repaint the bronco bright red and was thinking to paint the trim edges from doors and dashboard red to give it something to stick out from the interior
Should I?

or just leave it black on black interior?
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

i think red n black steering wheel and the inserts in the dash. Door panels all black except possibly the speaker grills, u don't want too much color accent. I don't care for interiors that look too busy, plain in most cases looks clean. Just my 2 cents
Piyakoracing

Post by Piyakoracing »

Rmc wrote:I'm very curious how this turns out, I have similar heads and rockers, I'm interested to see what it's gonna take to make it run right. I can give u a pushrods length but I'm not shure if it will be the same. Also cut a 2 liter soda bottle, full it with oil and soak the pushrods submerged upright till bubbles stop comming out of them ( it takes a while) then put your finger over the hole ( like a straw fill of soda) before dropping them in for final install. It takes a few to build up the oil pressure n this way your not dry up top or on the lifters.
10-4 on the pushrods and rockers as well Sir.
to be honest it wasn't running smooth. the Cam kinda threw it out. the idle is a little high on the 1k or so. because as soon I put it on gear it will stall. the fuel pressure should be at 42pounds once running on the 24lbs/hr injectors. I have a really good mechanic In mex who has tuned serveral speed density Broncos. I plan to take it to him eventually. My cousin has a bronco with the same cam and it works good, but he has a 2400 or so stall converter.
Dan88Rigid
Bronco Info: Full build by Jason Rivera from Race Truck Factory.

Post by Dan88Rigid »

What paint did you use to paint the interior panels? Looks really god. How much prep work did that require??
]
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

I'm thinking krylon fusion or similar palstic paint, I do swear by the newer plastic and vinyl paints, I painted vinyl boat seats and it never faded in 3 years.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

I've done panels in a Jeep I had with the DuPont vinyl and fabric dye/paint. I just cleaned it well with some dawn soapy water, rinsed then let it dry and it was super durable only time I had an issue was when a thick staple from a box of firewood scratched the panel
Piyakoracing

Post by Piyakoracing »

i used vinyl paint, clean everything with soap and water, apply two coats of paint let it dry for 48 hours. it works really good.