Bronco Info: 95 351 4.5" beams full cage front to rear 9" q80 deavers

Re: My 95

Post by Tanner287 »

Thanks !^^ there's some good info in those
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

I have an ARB air locker in my 14 bolt and in Auburn E locker/ limited slip in my Dana 50 up front. Id rather have an arb in the front axel because driving at speed with a limited slip up front makes the steering delayed. My vote would be ARB's front and rear.
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

Yeah it seems nice to be able to disable te locker while I'm drivin on the street. Arb is a little more expensive but seems worth it
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

For some work done tonight! Got the fenders and inner fenders and grill/lights off
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (22.69 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.84 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I really don't miss trying to find the mystery bolts on the front assy. There's always a few that u just say " why the hell would I have to take that off first to get to that bolt". Your progress is no small feat!
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

Oh the first fender was a pain in the ass. It's like they try and make it a game for you to have to find all the bolts. And the bolts hidden under the fender well and that you gotta take off the lights to find more bolts haha. I thought I got all the bolts and the fender wasn't even loose yet. But after I figured out where all the bolts were the second Fender came off pretty easy. Gunna get the rest off tomorrow so we can start get the cage tied into the front and get my engine cage going!
The cab cage is looking good and pretty much all my parts are fabbed up, fuel cell cage, deaver spring shackles and hangers, cross over steering is still being designed. But I would love to put up pics of the fab work cus it's awesome but he wants to wait till after the trucks done since he will be selling all these parts and doesn't want anyone stealing ideas haha.
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

Hey guys so saw this guys build thread. Anyone know if the bedsides are availible ? They are not on mcneils website and I like them way better then my rear retro glass.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (21.39 KiB) Viewed 1422 times
drewbee88
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.

Post by drewbee88 »

Tanner287 wrote:Hey guys so saw this guys build thread. Anyone know if the bedsides are availible ? They are not on mcneils website and I like them way better then my rear retro glass.
I hit up McNeil about them and they said they were theirs and are 400 a set! That was last week
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

drewbee88 wrote:
Tanner287 wrote:Hey guys so saw this guys build thread. Anyone know if the bedsides are availible ? They are not on mcneils website and I like them way better then my rear retro glass.
I hit up McNeil about them and they said they were theirs and are 400 a set! That was last week
Sweet! Thanks ! And Dang 400? I paid 600 for my fiberwerx retros haha safe to say ill be selling my retro ones cus I like these a lot
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

Are you stretching your truck?
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

The wheelbase will put back a few inches but no I'm not stretching the whole truck like the retro bronco. I was planning on getting these bedsides cut and fitted to my truck. Do you guys have anything like these? Or could you make some close?
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

I'm going to make some 5" besides this summer for my truck. Plan is more of a flat top unlike the 3"ers that kind of dive down. No louvers, scoops, cutouts, etc.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Trailer products makes 5.5 flare flat top bronco bed side I believe. Speak to roger, there 475$
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

So could you have some made like the picture above? I need 6" cus ill be 4" over and 37s so 6 would be the smallest
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

That dude roger can make anything u want, he's an old hand with glass. He made most of the cars and sets from the flint stones movie, the Michael keetin bat mobile, he does giesers stuff, and makes septic tanks to boot lol where else can u get bedsides and a shitter tank from the same place lol. All the glass shops can do it but it gets pricey when u get into custom work. The one thing I'm afraid of with the sandiego guys is most of there stuff is done in Tijuana, I'm not shure if the car would be transported down south for fitting.
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

I'm positive those places get there stuff from Mexico. They are so close to it haha. I gotta sell my retros before anything anyways so if they don't sell ill end up using them
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Yes a lot of stuff down south is done in TJ, but a lot of trailer products stuff is done with whatever resin is on sale that week. PM me for how I know...

Anyway, not super pleased with what I've seen come from T.P. A lot of their stuff is short course glass = it's gonna get thrashed - usually by turn #2. It's thin and not meant to last. But that was the market he was in - the racers want something that looks like a truck for cheap.

I'll admit I haven't seen any of his stuff in person for a couple years, but 2 or more of my buddies who saw the 73-79 1 piece front clip he did for the racer engineering truck left a lot to be desired. To quote one buddy directly "it was wavier than a sack of walnuts!"

So yeah - some stuff from Mex ain't so bad in comparison.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Oh and if you want a GOOOOOOD glass guy for a VERY reasonable price - PM me. He did my 70's fenders. NOT cheap by any means, but no glass work for a custom plug & mold ever is. Down side to my guy is he's in Nevada. Keeps his overhead low though, which is how he can be reasonable price wise.

Just a heads up my plugs and molds for my 70's front fenders were about $5k and that was a "good" deal. Ask and DECENT fiber guy & the stuff adds up quick.

Oh and last I heard Tim at Glassworks will make a custom mold if you agree to buy 4 sets of whatever is pulled out of the mold. Not sure if he's doing that any more. Also you have to keep on that guy. Not sure what it is with many fiberglass guys, but many seem iffy. Must be the fumes...
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Haha, reminds me of the old attage about dating skinny girls, she was like tackling a bag of antlers...anyway Well as long as your ride gets there n back in one piece it's all good. But your right they mostly make race glass. Definatly not like glassworks or hanneman thickness or smooth finish. The last stuff I got from Fiberwerx was... Well the dude had to be 4 coronas deep when he finished up the passenger side bedside, but the driver side is nice. The tail light area's body line is not even close.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Don't get me started on glass. As I've said before - Autofab's is by far the nicest stuff in the industry. The off road industry leaves a LOOOOOT to be desired as far as quality of fiberglass though. There's a reason I went out past Vegas to have my molds & fenders made. They quality blows away "normal" off road glass.