Project Double Trouble/Drew's Bronco

D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Re: Project Double Trouble/Drew's Bronco

Post by D1cker1 »

drewbee88 wrote:Tube slides in between cab and e-brake, so ebrake bolts up just as it did before no modification needed
I would like to see that when completed..
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

D1cker1 wrote:
drewbee88 wrote:Tube slides in between cab and e-brake, so ebrake bolts up just as it did before no modification needed
I would like to see that when completed..
The twins are setup the same way... tube behind the bracket for the parking brake.
drewbee88
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.

Post by drewbee88 »

Yeah I can snap some pics tomorrow when I am at shop! I have dash fitted back in so you can see it bolted up
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

I had way to much of the "race truck" mentality when I started mine. Even though I knew it was gonna be a prerun family vehicle I just tore the thing bare. Its looking good you'll be stoked at the extra time taken when it come to buttoning it up.
drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

a lil update today. Got my pallet TTB parts stripped down and began the hodge podge of my Dana 50 and Dana 44 that has been rattling around in my head! Here's a lil teaser of the drivers beam on the table, a total of 4" over! Image
drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

Picked up some wheels finally. Gonna male these work. Could pass up a forged 17 for $85 a piece. Image
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Those are pretty sweet wheels, offset looks good to. How wide and what are they off of?
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

BDKW1 wrote:Those are pretty sweet wheels, offset looks good to. How wide and what are they off of?
Looks like Dodge 3/4 - 1 ton
drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

They are stock 17x8 late model dodge Cummins rims. The backspace is 6" which is high, but I'm gonna have someone machine a billet spacer 3/4 inch and run longer studs of I need it!
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

I think those will give you a really good scrub radius in the front. Something that is really overlooked on beam trucks. I would check it first. If it works out you could make your beams a little wider to compensate..........
drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

BDKW1 wrote:I think those will give you a really good scrub radius in the front. Something that is really overlooked on beam trucks. I would check it first. If it works out you could make your beams a little wider to compensate..........
Yeah. Beams are 4" over and I got the rims before I have started radius arms. So if I can swing it I would not run a spacer. But if I need it they make them off the shelf in 1/2 inch.... Which will help bring it closer. Now I got wheels I can mockup the front with everything....
Bondobob
Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987

Post by Bondobob »

The Dodge Wheels for 2003-2009/ polished or raw 2500 Rams Hollander 2187B are overlooked and very strong forged wheels. It's what I'm running on my 2006. '10 and later Laramies have nice ones too.
drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

Yeah what's wonderful is all these young guys buy 22s and sell there beautiful stock forged rims to me for notta whole lotta
drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

So I have been checking axle clearances. Haven't had a ton of fan time. Lotsa work goes into building your own hybrid beamz! Quick lil teazer ImageImage

And this is at full lock

ImageImage
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

ASSuming that is full bump, you don't appear to have much camber gain, what is your camber at ride height? Might just be the pics, but thought I would bring it up if it may save you some headache down the road.
drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:ASSuming that is full bump, you don't appear to have much camber gain, what is your camber at ride height? Might just be the pics, but thought I would bring it up if it may save you some headache down the road.
That's sitting on factory rubber bump, haven't cut and turned them yet so at ride height there is tons of positive camber. I was just getting anstzy to get a wheel and tire on it!
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

drewbee88 wrote:
ESHALLBETTER wrote:ASSuming that is full bump, you don't appear to have much camber gain, what is your camber at ride height? Might just be the pics, but thought I would bring it up if it may save you some headache down the road.
That's sitting on factory rubber bump, haven't cut and turned them yet so at ride height there is tons of positive camber. I was just getting anstzy to get a wheel and tire on it!
If you are extending them, do you plan on still moving the lower ball joint and not adjusting the camber in the extension? I assume this would be so you don't have to clock the diff?
drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:
drewbee88 wrote:
If you are extending them, do you plan on still moving the lower ball joint and not adjusting the camber in the extension? I assume this would be so you don't have to clock the diff?
I still haven't decided. My initial plan was to cut the bottom ball joint, due to the fact that I am building a hybrid beam with the Dana 50 stuff. Currently without the diff clocked I am getting and acceptable amount of travel! Also I know quite a few people that have survived with that method! This has been my first experiences with beams and 4wd. So for simplicity on my part I'm still heading that way!
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Got it. So do you currently have the 44 end on the beam, or is that the 50 end on the 44 housing?
drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Got it. So do you currently have the 44 end on the beam, or is that the 50 end on the 44 housing?
That's the 50 end on the 44 housing with 50 third and axles! :-) pretty much everything is 50 except for the geometry