Bronco and 9,000 to spend

Drew
Bronco Info: Just picked up a 95 bronco stock. Ready to make it go fast....lol

Bronco and 9,000 to spend

Post by Drew »

I just bought a 1995 Ford Bronco bone stock and wondering which way to go. Southwest performance kit Solo kit Camberg which ones the best bang for the buck which shocks to run.
About $9000 to spend :D
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Re: Bronco and 9,000 to spend

Post by bajascott »

Southwest...... Where are you located? If you want some free advice gimme a call.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Agree southwest.....or Desert Concepts.
Jeremy
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

Give Bobby at Solo a call, tell him Travis sent you. They have a ton of experience with Broncos
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Southwest will take care of you completey
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
cuz_im_CR
Bronco Info: 96 xlt stock

Post by cuz_im_CR »

I second calling solo. They have tons of nice parts and the guys over there are super cool to deal with.

Another option would be threat motorsports. He has a complete front and rear package deal right now for 2600$
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

I have used Camburg and southwest. Sourhwest parts are really nice. I'd agree you should also consider threat. Tons of options.
baja-chris

Post by baja-chris »

Sell the bronco for $5k and then use the $14k to buy a prerunner bronco.
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

baja-chris wrote:Sell the bronco for $5k and then use the $14k to buy a prerunner bronco.
This might actually be the best way to do it. buy someone's built truck and enjoy it immediately unless you like the slow process of building it.

If you want to build it though, I wouldn't rule out the following companies at all. They're all cool to work with and all of their suspensions work so it just becomes a matter of preference and budget. AUTOFAB has really awesome motor mounts and 2-link kits. Solo has some really nice fabricated beam pivots and I think their complete C&T beam package with radius arms, coils and shocks is a great price. Solo also has a nice shakle setup for the rear with spacers for use with Q80 Deavers. Camburg makes a really nice product that works really well. Their pivot boxes and radius arms are pretty awesome and they also make some nice extended shackles for more rear wheel travel. Threat has a really nice kit C&T beam kit at a very affordable price. They also have 4-inch wider extended beam kit that is really cool. Giant Motorsports also has C&T beam kits that work pretty well. (I think Philo has a Giant kit on his Bronco)

-AUTOFAB Offroad Trucks http://autofab.com/
-Solo Motorsports http://www.solomotorsports.com/
-Camburg Engineering http://camburg.com/
-Threat Motorsports http://threatmotorsports.com/
-Giant Motorsports http://www.giantmotorsports.com/

Good Luck with the build!
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

Go with Threat Motorsports.. Best prices around..
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

baja-chris wrote:Sell the bronco for $5k and then use the $14k to buy a prerunner bronco.
14K can buy you a pretty nice prerunner these days.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Drew

Post by Drew »

So far it looks like 10-12k in parts with me doing the labor. You might be onto something about buying one already done. The Bronco I got is Super clean. And buying one already done worries me of how hard someone might have beat it!!! Is there any for sale on here to look at. The Bronco I found 351 air works 110k mile and looks bitchen. I guess I could sell the bronco and sell a jet boat I have and see if I could find one that is even better.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I have Solo's front end on my black Bronco and I'm really happy. Bobby and Paul build some nice stuff over at Solo. I like Dave at Threat Motorsports beams and arms as well.

Chris
93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

Ssfab, or southwest!!!! Those dudes are as chill as the day is long!!!!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Aside from Chris, who I completely agree with, the above recommendations are a mix of who you know and who you blow. None of them give sound justification to lean one way or another based on fact. Look in to all of them, but as Chris stated, just buy a built Bronco. You'll know if it's been hammered out. It's wayyyyy cheaper than building your own.
Drew

Post by Drew »

I think your right Yikes I'm going to peel this one and be on the look out for one that is pretty well done up. If anyone out there is looking to sell or know someone hit me up. Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Now the sale and HUNT will start.
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

I have to say unless you have some good connections it will be cheaper to buy one already done the market right now is good if your buying. I didnt catch where your located but I would try to find one of the above mentioned shops that is close to you. If that is not possible I would start calling each of them and talk to them about what your looking to have done and if they recommend anyone in your area. You can do alot with 9K depending on your level of DIY. If your doing DIY I would give Mark at southwest a call and invest in his coilover kit and give Joel at Bilstein a call for coilovers that will give you a great front end. With the remaining $$ Invest in longer shackles a set of deaver J40/Q80s depending on your flavor and a stock width factory 9 regear everything and have fun. You can achieve a nice rig for the dollars you have if you can do some of the work. Labor is not cheap. Good luck!
Jeremy
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

Integrity, Money, Relevance
1amD1cker1@gmail.com
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

That's Randy's Bronco (Rwies on GFB). That thing is pretty bad ass! The cage work is really nice.
blueoval8493
Bronco Info: 1994 F-150 super cab with 347.

Post by blueoval8493 »

You guys are always a step ahead of me. Must be the time difference..lol... :lol: