Tina Turner

cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Tina Turner

Post by cs_drums »

The depth of the hub that's the issue? Maybe you could use the existing arm and set it up like a 2wd Toyota torsion bar.
otter
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern

Post by otter »

D44 hub is too tall. It would take a complete rework to get anything else to work. Not worth it in my opinion when there is other ways to do it with less work.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

So here is how I spent my lunch break pondering......
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401912777.660647.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401912777.660647.jpg (122.44 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401912739.607916.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401912739.607916.jpg (24.57 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Couldn't the same thing be done by cutting out the frame side pivot sleeve and installing a splined one. Then run the bar in parallel just above the exsisting tube? Then the triangles or bell curves or what ever there called could add the tortion to counter the articulation but the exsisting structure would remain intact. Only 3 parts to rework, end caps and the pivot sleeves.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

This part. Just redo the end caps and containment tab and add the splined spuds in place of your exsisting smooth pivots.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (17.86 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
otter

Post by otter »

Bump! :D
SC150
Bronco Info: 1989 5spd Cantilevered Bronco

Post by SC150 »

Otter beat me to the punch...

The "Bajamobile" went to a new home today. Tina's due for a little lovin' now.
otter

Post by otter »

Awesome. Congrats on the sale. Now we need updates. SNOWBALL!!!
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Bought sold to another new owner already? Pat you going to pull a nick and buy it back too?
otter

Post by otter »

No, he sold his white truck. Now he has cash burning a hole in his pocket.
SC150

Post by SC150 »

How to make a snowball:

So, I've been collecting some random parts and figuring out what'll be next for Tina. I'm still trying to decide how hard core I really wanna go with this build for now. My gut feeling is to make it as comfy, safe, and easy to drive as possible. That being said getting all the power door locks, windows, weatherstripping, tailgate and AC working is first and foremost. I've been talking to CHO about a "family style" cage. IE: make it safe for now and worry about tying the engine cage in at a later date. Gonna figure out when I can drop her off for that. I'm also thinking that the spool has got to go. I'm currently trying to line up a deal for a TrueTrac for the rear.

Here's some other stuff that I'm mulling over:

-I picked up the Autofab drop center hood a while back. That will be going on ASAP. I've got the glassworks front fenders, but I'm not sure if they're gonna be too big of a flare. I may try and sell em and go with the Autofab fronts or just leave the fenders stock. The widened beams were nipping at the tires during our 500 prerun, so I'm trying to convince myself it's needed. Of course, if I do the front I can't NOT do the rear glass. I'll probably go with the Fiberwerx rears.

I picked up some LED Pod's that I'll throw on the bumper. I'm torn though. I still think I like the distance of HID's way more. May end up putting the LED's on a roof rack and do 2 HID's on the front bumper.

- I bought 4 race seats and they'll be going in as well. Fronts will be on sliders to help with rear seat access. My idea is to keep the stock rear bench when the truck's at home. I wanna build a rack for the rear race seats that incorporates the stock mechanism to throw in for prerunning.

-A big roof rack will be going on the truck as well as a modified (very beefed up) stock tiregate.

-The ride height is gonna get dropped and the rear will be getting bump stops. If I can find a good deal I'll throw bumps up front, too.

So, that's the tentative plan. I've been keeping a keen eye open for parts I need. I saved a ton of money on my last build taking my time and waiting for deals. Hard to be patient, but it adds up quick.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Ahh makes sence.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

You could do a rear seat bracket similar to mine but make it for 2 seperate seats. Then. 6 access able bolts and out she comes seat belts and all. Then reverse to install the stock pins and hook . In my mind there's no quick easy way that's safe for 2 except an thick heavy rack style.
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

SC150 wrote:How to make a snowball:

So, I've been collecting some random parts and figuring out what'll be next for Tina. I'm still trying to decide how hard core I really wanna go with this build for now. My gut feeling is to make it as comfy, safe, and easy to drive as possible. That being said getting all the power door locks, windows, weatherstripping, tailgate and AC working is first and foremost. I've been talking to CHO about a "family style" cage. IE: make it safe for now and worry about tying the engine cage in at a later date. Gonna figure out when I can drop her off for that. I'm also thinking that the spool has got to go. I'm currently trying to line up a deal for a TrueTrac for the rear.

Here's some other stuff that I'm mulling over:

-I picked up the Autofab drop center hood a while back. That will be going on ASAP. I've got the glassworks front fenders, but I'm not sure if they're gonna be too big of a flare. I may try and sell em and go with the Autofab fronts or just leave the fenders stock. The widened beams were nipping at the tires during our 500 prerun, so I'm trying to convince myself it's needed. Of course, if I do the front I can't NOT do the rear glass. I'll probably go with the Fiberwerx rears.

I picked up some LED Pod's that I'll throw on the bumper. I'm torn though. I still think I like the distance of HID's way more. May end up putting the LED's on a roof rack and do 2 HID's on the front bumper.

- I bought 4 race seats and they'll be going in as well. Fronts will be on sliders to help with rear seat access. My idea is to keep the stock rear bench when the truck's at home. I wanna build a rack for the rear race seats that incorporates the stock mechanism to throw in for prerunning.

-A big roof rack will be going on the truck as well as a modified (very beefed up) stock tiregate.

-The ride height is gonna get dropped and the rear will be getting bump stops. If I can find a good deal I'll throw bumps up front, too.

So, that's the tentative plan. I've been keeping a keen eye open for parts I need. I saved a ton of money on my last build taking my time and waiting for deals. Hard to be patient, but it adds up quick.
Its funny how it snow balls for sure, I have lot of the same ideas. Was wondering how wide your track width is ( how wide are the beams) because I am running into the same problem with glass. I ordered my front end yesterday and I have a few days to figure out the width. Really wanted 3.5", but we discussed going to 4" and now I'm thinking my glass might be a little small....... Also might be interested in your spool, what gears? I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a rear end as I am going to put a trussed 9" in it at some point, just want to finish the front end first. So thinking a spool, as I don't want to go with a true trac and then switch to a 9" ( throwing money away). .....If only we had endless amounts of cash to throw at our BRONCOs.hahaha
otter

Post by otter »

The front is only 2 over per side. I believe it is 82" outside to outside tire. It has a 9 inch in it.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Rmc wrote: Pat you going to pull a nick and buy it back too?
You say that like it's a bad thing...
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

No, no big deal to me bro. As long as your happy that's all that's important @nick congrats. Crazy how things come full circle some times.
SC150

Post by SC150 »

So, I ended up biting the bullet and getting all the not-fun stuff that I need for the Bronco. I ordered up a new AC compressor and clutch, door lock actuators, window buttons, rear window motor, and all the weatherstripping. Should be arriving in the next day or so, so I'll try and throw it all on over the weekend.

I did make an impulse buy while I was at it and ordered up a gallon of Desert Tan Monstaliner. I saw a Baja Bug in person that used the stuff on the whole body and I loved it. It's tough, I can roll it on myself, touch it up when need be, and it's cheap! Plan is to keep the bottom trim and shell black and do the tan on the rest of the truck. I may add a little old school "flair" to the color scheme, but that'll be decided later. I attached a photo of a bronco with it on, and a close up of the texture. Should be cool and a little different.

Some bigger mods are on the way. Gonna mount up the front fenders and hood before paint and pull the bedsides. Also gonna be doing a very simple roof rack and gonna try and mount and reinforce the spare tire carrier. Seats and center console, some rubber floor matting and other little goodies and she'll be good to go for awhile.
Attachments
desert tan.jpg
desert tan.jpg (10.15 KiB) Viewed 712 times
monstaliner.JPG
monstaliner.JPG (83.63 KiB) Viewed 712 times
keenanduran1
Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150

Post by keenanduran1 »

I approve! I'll help lay it on
otter

Post by otter »

So she is going to be a reverse black and tan now? Can't wait to see how it turns out.