Mike's 87 Silver Lake build

87SLbronco
Bronco Info: 1987 Bronco Custom, 5.0 swap, 4spd, pretty much stock for now.

Re: Mike's 87 Silver Lake build

Post by 87SLbronco »

Yeah I think I have a bit more of an issue than that. I have done that before and had one bell of a time figuring out why it was leaking so bad.
87SLbronco

Post by 87SLbronco »

No real updates yet but I am going to be picking up a whole ttb (hub to hub) here soon to replace the top hat situation :)

However work this winter will be limited, going to surprise my dad with a new suspension set up on his jeep. Skyjacker soft ride leafs and rancho rs9000xl shocks...looking to soften that ride up so everyone is more comfortable.
87SLbronco

Post by 87SLbronco »

So, it's been a couple years since I have posted on here, still been lerking from time to time.

My wife has been pushing me not to sell the bronco and finally gave me a big push this Christmas with a pile of parts to get the Bronco back on the road!

I have new oil pan, valve cover, and exhaust manifold gaskets to hopefully fix the massive oil leak issues. Won't know if there are other issues until those are fixed first. I also picked up new steel fuel line to run from the tank to the motor since this truck was converted from EFI to carburetion with an inline electric fuel pump and the lines are sketchy at best.

So with that being said I have given myself a deadline of the Friday before memorial day yet again to be back on the road. Now if I can only get a garage to get out of this cold Michigan weather for a few weekends!
"Stroke it, blow it, and spray it. It will be a short ride, but it sure would be a blast."
87SLbronco

Post by 87SLbronco »

Pile of parts! :D

Fuel line and pressure gauge
"Stroke it, blow it, and spray it. It will be a short ride, but it sure would be a blast."