94 Raptor killer

Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: 94 Raptor killer

Post by Rmc »

Glad to hear the trip was good with no major incidents. So was the power gain huge?
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

94 Raptor killer

Post by cs_drums »

So the super charger is on the shelf still. I have accumulated all the parts but after a year and a half of it on jack stands I wanted to do this trip before I tear into it again.

Before I took the trip I had a local shop do a tune up. Checked compression and timing to make sure it's in spec for the SC. I'm gonna start the install this week. My time in the shop is super limited lately and it killing me. If anyone wants to hang out and wrench let me know ill welcome the help!!
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Hey we're you in Baja for the 1000? I think I saw your bronco on a trailer in between San Felipe and Mexicali ??
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
cs_drums

94 Raptor killer

Post by cs_drums »

Nope. Wish I could have gone.
VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

Well I thought I passed you-- another white fendered clone of yours pulled by a dark gray Ford :-)

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
cs_drums

94 Raptor killer

Post by cs_drums »

That's why I need to get it painted, so it's unmistakably mine hahs
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

cs_drums wrote:That's why I need to get it painted, so it's unmistakably mine hahs
No no no, Brian. Give it time. If I paint mine, nobody will know who the f@#$ I am. Haha!
cs_drums

94 Raptor killer

Post by cs_drums »

Found a floor mat I bought for the back of the bronco 2 years ago haha. Cut & fit it. Image
cs_drums

94 Raptor killer

Post by cs_drums »

Who sees it?!Image
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

So shiny! Congrats, where's the video??
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

Headed out New Years so that when I'll get the good video.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

The install was a handful to say the least. Though I got most of the big important parts with the kit, the stuff that was missing kicked my butt. I didn't have any of the intake/discharge tubes, belts, fuel lines, hardware and found out I was missing a pulley specific to this install. I lucked out big time that when Paxton sold out to Vortech all the Novi style blower rights went to there main carb guru. He shop it one exit down the freeway!! He was able to find be almost all the parts I was missing and hooked it up big time. I had to make all the fuel lines for the FMU which was a challenge to get the right springlock fitting and I ended redoing the whole return line -6. The belts were the biggest fight which I still haven't won. I used and old stock belt to measure them out. Got the supercharger belt first try, the acc. drive I have gone back and forth to big to small. I ended up with one that its close but a tad long and slips so I am going to go down another inch. Only had one cage tube in the way so a quick clearance and re-plate and that was it.

Performance wise I'm stoked. Rips around a lot better. I can't afford dyne tune nor does the system require it but a local shop will do 2 pulls for $150 so I'm likely gonna do that. I ruined my first impression for myself with unrealistic expectations. Its not a trophy truck which is what I built up in my mind haha. Stock was rated a 210hp with the 80hp that puts it at 290ish factor in the loss from the flywheel back and it is what it is. Friends said stock 5.8 with bassani headers, y pipe and no cats put 160hp to the tries, Im guessing mine will be around 200-220hp at the rear.

Stock was fun as hell in the dirt and enough to get me 60mph through most everything in Ocotillo so I can't wait to rip around with the extra power!!
VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

Do you think that if you went deeper into the engine -- heads, cam, intake that you would see much more out of this engine? I thought that up until a few months ago I was going to put a KB roots unit on my 5.8 but those aren't made anymore. Too bad there isn't any type of an adapter to mount one on a higher performance lower intake. Hate to be too tacky but what would you guess you have into this setup? Is it able to at least break the tire loose or is that still a novel idea? I guess that wanting to have that level of power is always there as a measurement lol!

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
cs_drums

94 Raptor killer

Post by cs_drums »

Not breaking 37s loose Haha that would require a lot of motor. My Superduty has 600ftlb and it won't fire up 35s except one tire fire till the LS kicks in.

After all is said and done I'll have 1500 into this including 255lph pump, FMU, lines etc. Consider that's not much more than a good set of heads. I'm gonna dyno it to see what real numbers it puts out.

The Paxton guy said the more you make out of the motor the less effect the blower will have % gains wise.
VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

That's not really all that bad considering! $1500 for another 60-80 to the ground is about the norm I'd guess.

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
cs_drums

94 Raptor killer

Post by cs_drums »

Haha honestly I think your looking at twice that by other means. Maybe RyanDS650 can chime in. His build seems like a good representation of mild build. I'm guessing we have comprable power. I'm not sure how much he had into it.
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

cs_drums wrote:Not breaking 37s loose Haha that would require a lot of motor. My Superduty has 600ftlb and it won't fire up 35s except one tire fire till the LS kicks in.

After all is said and done I'll have 1500 into this including 255lph pump, FMU, lines etc. Consider that's not much more than a good set of heads. I'm gonna dyno it to see what real numbers it puts out.

The Paxton guy said the more you make out of the motor the less effect the blower will have % gains wise.
Brian you know this but.....
A Smog legal good set of Heads are not going to flow much better with the stock intake and Cam. The cost starts to add up and could be a lot more then 1500$

as you know I am doing that right now.

Did you find out power band on that unit? does the stock truck cam match or complement power band? does that even matter?

I am not the expert ....

but that style blower is basically like adding heads and intake forcing more air flow to add HP.

looks great
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

cs_drums wrote:Haha honestly I think your looking at twice that by other means. Maybe RyanDS650 can chime in. His build seems like a good representation of mild build. I'm guessing we have comprable power. I'm not sure how much he had into it.
Most likley 3X that in just the hard parts that i have on my motor. Not including the trans work to support it...
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
cs_drums

94 Raptor killer

Post by cs_drums »

Willie!!!!

I'm really curious as to power band. My engineer buddy said that the beauty of blower is it should have a linear curve giving more power through the entire band. I'm gonna call the Paxton guy and ask him for good measure. If I do decide to do a cam during rebuild it would be good to know.

Ryan, what all have you done to your tranny? When you dyno'd your truck did the dyno guy give you any info as to where to get the next few ponies? Your still stock injectors and throttle body right?
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

the punisher and big ass cooler you have already will help your set up but....The alum planetaries replaced and upgraded clutches seem to be the must...at some point with any e40d.

basically what in your new to you 7.3 4r100
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports