94 Raptor killer

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: 94 Raptor killer

Post by dtbback »

Becks_Bronco wrote:I already told my GF i'm "finishing" the Bronco before we even consider kids. Shes on board lol.
Keeper!
Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

94 Raptor killer

Post by Bajaluv »

Two girls on separate softball teams, guitar class, dance, 4 month old, construction superintendent and a wife that owns her own business. BUT I do find time to bronco !! She knows it makes me happy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

cs_drums wrote:It was so much easier when my kids were little.

To those our there that are gonna put the project on hold till the kids are older or there is a bun in the oven and your taking a break..... Don't do it!!!

Get it done when they are young. Trying to prep a bronco while having a full time job and two kids in school and extra curricular activities is hard!

Vent sesh over.

Prep updates to come in the next 6m-5yrs Image
Well damn I missed that boat! Mine are 5 & 2.5 & I don't feel like I've been able to do sh&% in the last 5 years. My only time is after they go to bed & I can't make any noise at all or they wake up. Makes anything aside from wiring difficult & even then wiring sucks so much I curse enough to wake them up...
I'll keep living vicariously through the guys who can somehow still seem to get even a half a Saturday to work on these toys while having young kids. I need my shop time for my mental sanity but I don't get much of it. Not good to hear it gets worse. I keep hoping I'll have the one oddball kid that was like me & would want to turn wrenches on a project with that lame old fart I live with.

Becks_Bronco wrote:I already told my GF i'm "finishing" the Bronco before we even consider kids. Shes on board lol.
Keeper for sure. I was supposed to finish my toys before marriage, house, kids. I have major ADD of cars/projects and never could focus. Didn't finish one and now I've got 4 halfies sitting here & being sold off. No fun! Focus on one & enjoy!!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

94 Raptor killer

Post by cs_drums »

Focus on one is key. I have several buddies that like buying project more than completing them. I just have to roll my eyes when I here all the plans hahaha

I didn't squeeze a few hours out of my life to get some spray paint motivation. Haha

I always have this debate between spray can, powder coat and now steelit. My wallet usually decides for me hahaha ImageImage

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

"Focus on one is key. I have several buddies that like buying project more than completing them. I just have to roll my eyes when I here all the plans hahaha

I didn't squeeze a few hours out of my life to get some spray paint motivation. Haha "

you better not be talking about me......A hole.
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

funinthesun95 wrote:"Focus on one is key. I have several buddies that like buying project more than completing them. I just have to roll my eyes when I here all the plans hahaha

I didn't squeeze a few hours out of my life to get some spray paint motivation. Haha "

No not you you don't have multiple you just like trading your current almost finished projects for new unfinished one's haha

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

ANd you're driving & enjoying yours Willie! I've just got some yard art going.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:ANd you're driving & enjoying yours Willie! I've just got some yard art going.
Really well built yard artImage

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Haha. The "really well built" is what I need to try & talk myself out of a bit. I want something running 7 to play with. I just LOVE the fabrication part of it & get all caught up in being fancy lol. I need to stop that "urge" and just "git 'r done!"
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

I try very very hard to keep mine drivable. Try to build in stages and keep it from being down for too long or snowball.
Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

94 Raptor killer

Post by Bajaluv »

funinthesun95 wrote:"Focus on one is key. I have several buddies that like buying project more than completing them. I just have to roll my eyes when I here all the plans hahaha

Hahaha yes you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

I think if you like the FSB platform then build two! Build the first on basic basic but really functional - kicker is start with a good starter. Then if you want that stretched, linked, custom everything then build that one to the moon! I mean I see $500 roller, non-runner turd boxes all the time that if I wanted a massive build would be what to start with. I think I’d go with an early early 80’s with the proper front third, a 9”, a C6 and a Windsor- then go nuts!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
cs_drums

94 Raptor killer

Post by cs_drums »

Slowly but surely going back together. I may actually have it ready for this season...Image

cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

It's been far to long since I've been on here. Alot has happened. I moved a few times just deployed for 8 miserable (covid ruins everything) months but now I'm back.

So in typical fashion I geared up to get the bronco painted. Took it off non-op, got to the smog shop, passed woot woot, then destiny rears its ugly head...... Transmission grenaded on the way home. All forward gears toast.

Everytime I get close to painting this thing it finds a way to break so I can't pay to paint it.

Anyway I am seriously considering the 5 speed swap. Anyone who has done it please chime in on the pros and cons. Also, anyone looking for a Artcarr shifter, punisher valve body and a PWR cooler with all the lines and adapters for a e4od let me know.

And a pic cause we all love them.
Attachments
IMG_20210702_145557_926.jpg
IMG_20210702_145557_926.jpg (453.38 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

cs_drums wrote:It's been far to long since I've been on here. Alot has happened. I moved a few times just deployed for 8 miserable (covid ruins everything) months but now I'm back.

So in typical fashion I geared up to get the bronco painted. Took it off non-op, got to the smog shop, passed woot woot, then destiny rears its ugly head...... Transmission grenaded on the way home. All forward gears toast.

Everytime I get close to painting this thing it finds a way to break so I can't pay to paint it.

Anyway I am seriously considering the 5 speed swap. Anyone who has done it please chime in on the pros and cons. Also, anyone looking for a Artcarr shifter, punisher valve body and a PWR cooler with all the lines and adapters for a e4od let me know.

And a pic cause we all love them.
Is the valve body year specific ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

They are year ranges. This one is for a 95, Paul punisher was pretty cool.and just swapped the one I had for the 95 when I swapped transmissions last time.

Update: 5 spd Swap is a go. I snagged a pretty close to complete set up. Trans, tcase, Flywheel, clutch, all the levers and boot. All I need is the master cylinder and hydro line.

So, new crossmembers are easy as well as lengthing the drives haft. The part that has me nervous is the ECU/wiring component. Anyone that has done an e4od to manual/c6 swap want to chime in and tell me the easiest way to do it that'd save me some time and stress.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

Pic
20210815_164713.jpg
20210815_164713.jpg (89.53 KiB) Viewed 2302 times

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Hit up Philo on the 5 speed swap wiring info. If anyone knows he would.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

Going slow as usual. I have gathered all the last odds and ends to finish it out. So my theory for the wiring is....

Per the MLPS pin out-

700 ohm resistor between the gy/r and lb/y and that would make the ECU think it's in Neutral all the time.

w/pk and r/lb to a pressure switch on the clutch so it will only start with the clutch in. Or just jump them and it will start whenever.

p/o and bk/pk to the reverse light switch on the ZF5 for the back up lights.

So then the only thing is if the solenoid harness and if that is going to be talking nonsense to the ECU.

cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

So I went to swap the VSS flange from my original Tcase onto the new manual shift one. Unfortunately they are slightly different sooooo... now I'll be taking apart both tcases to swap the output shift. FML
20210826_204129.jpg
20210826_204129.jpg (65.69 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
20210826_204133.jpg
20210826_204133.jpg (57.97 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
The attachment 20210826_204129.jpg is no longer available