95 Bronco Build!

fomoco51
Bronco Info: 1992 bronco project

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by fomoco51 »

Huckfest. Don't you mean stuckfest. I laughed my ass off at all the dummies, especially at all the ones stuck in the bowl behind where we were. I think we counted 12 trucks stuck in there at one point.
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

squirelmurphy wrote:Nice work so far, I like your direction with the top. I'm stoked to see where you go from here.

I was wondering if anybody ever stretched a top and centered the stock glass. Basically adding a little to the front and back. It would be a bunch of work, for sure, but it's only fiberglass, right?
Thanks! I thought about doing that, but I have enough on my plate already.
fomoco51 wrote:Huckfest. Don't you mean stuckfest. I laughed my ass off at all the dummies, especially at all the ones stuck in the bowl behind where we were. I think we counted 12 trucks stuck in there at one point.
Did you see the 6 door F250 cruising around? That was me, didn't get stuck once. My Explorer is even better 4x4 wise.
fomoco51

Post by fomoco51 »

I might have. I had just sold my 4runner before last years event, so I had to go putt putt in my cummins. I was not a happy camper. Should have my bronco there this year so I can play.
fomoco51

Post by fomoco51 »

And never got stuck. Had to pull a bunch of people out though. First it was a ego booster then it became a pain in the ass
drewbee88
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.

Post by drewbee88 »

fomoco51 wrote:And never got stuck. Had to pull a bunch of people out though. First it was a ego booster then it became a pain in the ass
I was out there putt putting as well with my gold wagoneer! Thing did remarkable well for what it was out there. People were getting stuck left and right... I will no be there this year. I'd much rather go on a week day or head out to the Dezert. Too many bros for me last year
fomoco51

Post by fomoco51 »

I agree drew. But funny to watch the bro's try and "offroad"
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

The lawn darts are pretty crazy to watch.
Travisfab

Post by Travisfab »

Its been way too long without an update.
My kid is about to turn 1, he's been keeping my pretty busy and is definitely at the top of the priority list these days. I've been knocking things off of the list as I can on this beast. Right now is a critical time in the build stage, I'm basically laying down the foundation of the cage. I'm just taking my sweet old time refining things, and making sure I doing right the first time. I'm far from professional fabricator!

Here's the update list -
B pillar is in and fits great
Both A pillars are a bend away from being finished
Frame plating is all cut out for the cage to frame tie in areas
I am picking up trailing arm and upper link mounts from Richer Racing any day
New bedsides
Carbon fiber dash pods

Accommodating the stretch is a big part of the build right now. I'm doing it differently than I've ever seen. The lower bedside portion, and the upper shell portion are stretched on opposite ends. I'm also not doing what most people seem to think of first, which is cutting and stretching the frame. I'm actually just adding to it instead. I'm trying to keep it simple, but a few little things are coming in to play. When you move the cab back 12" to line up with the F150 bedsides, your wheel base does not go back that far. Right now my wheel base is at 115", call the front forward 2", that puts my wheel base stretch at 8". The overhang of the bedside behind the wheel well just kills it for me. I am going to work my fiberglass magic and move it back 5", which will put me at 120". Momentum on this project is about to pick up!

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Really looking forward to seeing this progress!!
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Damnit. Those are the same carbon fiber pods I have.
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Come on buddy get that thing going. I cant wait to see it progress.
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

Travis I do under stand the "Kills it for me rear portion of the Truck bedside" and the extra 5 inches would be nice..... but also keep on your radar Fuel tank options and rear axle placement. The budget may be there for custom fuel tank or cell but if not.....look at the stock tank option and what you need for space behind the axle along with capacity (for your long Baja 1000 trips lol) . example 44 gal excursion tank or something like that.

Just some feedback on things I have ran into after the fact when focused on max travel.....lol pushing the tank up high is fine but kills cab storage

like everything we do finding the best thing for meeting our personal needs is never ending ......this why we are always changing our rides......hah or selling them and buying something different
Travisfab

Post by Travisfab »

Yeah I am definitely taking the fuel tank into consideration on the wheel base stretch. When I originally started on this project, I managed to do some creative floor cutting and got the tank back about 6" over stock. With the 12" stretch now, lets call it 18" back. My axle is going to be 13" back over stock, so I "should" be in good shape.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Travisfab wrote:Here's my observations on moving the tank.

I would not consider doing it unless you're caging your truck. A major cross member needs to be cut out in order to move it back even a little bit. I am going to run a piece of square tube across my frame rails to re-enforce the body, and to give me a place to land some tubes for the cage. Like Philo said, 5 inches is going to be about the max you can move the tank back without getting into the tail gate. Right now my plan is 4" back, and 6" up.

Do you have pics of the rear body support you cut for the tank move?
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

copy
Travisfab

Post by Travisfab »

It's this area right here. I would honestly not cut it unless you absolutely have to

Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

95 Bronco Build!

Post by Andy Jones »

Sweet !! Hey.. You gonna be selling glass at the Swapmeet? I'm thinking of picking up body panels soon.
dtbback

Post by dtbback »

Travisfab wrote:It's this area right here. I would honestly not cut it unless you absolutely have to

How far back can you move the tank if you don't cut out that portion?
Travisfab

95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

About 2 inches
dtbback

Post by dtbback »

Is the major crossmember the one thats in front of the tank (the one it bolts to) or is there one behind it as well?