Robert's Horse With No Name ...

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Even when the springs are ground flat, the sliders heat up and warp and start wearing down parts the shock body. That is why the guys at All German MotorSports came up with the slider for their Race team shocks.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Sliders going in

On rack droop pic...mall rated
robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Re: Robert's Horse With No Name ...

Post by robertcrav »

WTF happened to my picture? crazy... anyways was kinda cool to see all the techs at Discount come over to check out the truck... they installed the sliders for me, and then she got aligned woohoooo
tvoymang
Bronco Info: (Former) 90' Bronco 351W

Post by tvoymang »

Spotted this at harbor freight the other day. Love this thing. I wish I had kept mine a lot more sleeper and DD friendly.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Thanks...it's coming along
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Removed interior spare mount since I picked up Brays protofab rear bumper with tire swing...

'Installed' my spare tire license plate mount/dust light mount

93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

looks excellent man!
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

93Broncobuff wrote:looks excellent man!
Thanks Matt
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Hey Rob,

Was there a special bracket made to relocate you coolant overflow/windshield washer fluid reservoir? Do you have any pics? If not could you snap a couple?
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

What's up Will....yes Mark made one up. Text me this weekend...I will be working on trying to get her Hammers ready
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

Do you have quick disconnects on the light wiring? And come to my discount tire lol we don't get enough Broncos
Potato.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

zachwabbit wrote:Do you have quick disconnects on the light wiring? And come to my discount tire lol we don't get enough Broncos
Yes, the lights have waterproof connectors.

Where is your Discount Tire?
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Hmm.. I wanna do something like that for my rear plate lights, and the Hella's I'm putting on my front bumper. Rancho San Diego, the last time a Bronco was in there, it was mine gettin my new 33s on, and before that it was me again rebalancing my old set haha
Potato.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

zachwabbit wrote:Hmm.. I wanna do something like that for my rear plate lights, and the Hella's I'm putting on my front bumper. Rancho San Diego, the last time a Bronco was in there, it was mine gettin my new 33s on, and before that it was me again rebalancing my old set haha
That's a bit outta my range for a pop by....
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Productive day...pulled her out of 'storage' to see if I could get her ready to head to KOH...

On the agenda are/were swapping out the leaky electric tcase with the manual one I picked up from Randy.

Had to deal with some 20yr old silicone or some nasty stickiness holding the cover plate on

robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Took me forever to figure out how to get to the top passenger side bolt thru the adapter holding the tcase on. I finally figured I'd try thru the hump cover inside and was able to get to it. Then wrestled that hunk out, muscled the new one in, set up the shifter and trimmed some carpet for the boot
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

All seems good except, I need to figure out the correct harness to get the dash lights to work, but I'm happy
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

robertcrav wrote:
zachwabbit wrote:Hmm.. I wanna do something like that for my rear plate lights, and the Hella's I'm putting on my front bumper. Rancho San Diego, the last time a Bronco was in there, it was mine gettin my new 33s on, and before that it was me again rebalancing my old set haha
That's a bit outta my range for a pop by....
Yeah I know hah just if you're ever down here you're always welcome to come talk Bronco stuff, unfortunately I won't be going to KOH this year because of school and work, I hope to make it next time so I can meet more of you guys
Potato.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Nice upgrade! I loved the manual shift in my Bronco and likewise in the Explorer. The electronic stuff isn't all bad but it's getting hard to find good replacement parts as the rebuilt stuff is really hit and miss. Good job!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Right on Rob!! Looking good. Glad it went smooth