Slappy Style Go Fast with Dana 44/50 hybrid beams....

BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Re: Slappy Style Go Fast with Dana 44/50 hybrid beams....

Post by BDKW1 »

Nice!

Your going to need some NACA ducts in the bedsides for the Cactus coolers......
powa_ranga
Bronco Info: 2012 raptor, 1995 ranger,2000 7.3

Post by powa_ranga »

You are giving me too much credit, I'll never drive it fast enough to need more airflow across the coolers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

What size tires are you running? if 37 or 39 and a standard off set wheel it will look great in that range! The 74+ is a estimated max with out clearing some of the Bed side to fit. Tanks Bronco the one you see them on is 73 WMS so about 1 inch.... with 40 inch tires he will have to clearance a little not much, with 39 13.50 KR2 he is fine.

I would also like to Thank Tank for partnering with me on this deal. He did a ton of mock up cutting work to help make these Bedside look good with Robert. Then you have to Thank Robert...the glass master, and John for his Feedback and input.

Back to the question
I would say the same as front to 1 inch per side narrower is a good range for me. I would even go to 1.5 per side or 3 inches total. with saying that ....this comes from not being able to find fiberglass! but like anything tons of people have a opinion and I have found each truck that opinion comes from is different like apples to oranges so....how correct are those opinions....A Bronco with our short wheelbase is not as much of an issue on turning! Ram assist that beast and party.

truck guys have more of an issue turning then we do.....we win on this topic.

lets be real....a spool on the street sucks no matter what. You are better off doing a locker or posi if turning is your first concern probably. I know with your build it is not....just saying

De$ertBronco wrote:
funinthesun95 wrote:Doing this from my phone hope it works! I am happy with the out come....

Mock up you see is on Tanks bronco who I teamed up with to get these bed sides made. Robert from autofab did really good with the vessel styling.

This is a 74 WMS rearend to match front with 39 kr2 tires ... so guys I see no issues with 37 inch tires at all....hah

Final edit on Monday!

Yes the above was not clear ...sorry I was talking about how much if any we need to trim off so the finder on top would not go under the shell and look right.

We now have 4-5 options for wide glass!

looks great! so my math puts the front at a 74.5" wms. What are your thoughts on the 74-74.5"wms vs 72.5" (1" narrower per side than the front)... I always hear to go 1" narrower, but I feel like I would rather have the extra width and in-board clearance since glass is not an issue. Guess I don't see the reality of the "better tracking" theory with the way ttb's cycle and then when you factor in tire deflection it's hard to really gauge it all.
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

Thank you Rod! for fixing this for me.

AussieRod wrote:
IMG_2328.JPG
IMG_2329.JPG
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

Ok....My baby went to a very good home. As Kyle said it was not for sale. I had work out an agreement months ago and Kyle asked the correct question to the correct person and showed a lot of love for the build. This one of a kind build is in good hands, I hope to help him continue moving forward to finish it.

Looking forward to meeting up again Kyle.

My friends have said, That I enjoy the building processes more then using it.....haha... nah that be crazy!

Besides I just bought a old diesel RV 3 months ago, so I have to have something to use this season. I bet it a side by side....lmao joking

powa_ranga wrote:I ended up picking this thing up, it wasn't technically for sale but it worked out and I couldn't pass it up...I will be continuing on with this thread in hopes of keeping everything in one spot, big thanx to Will and I hope he stays active on this thread cause I got alot of work ahead of me.

Here is it's new home

ImageImageImageImageImage

@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
powa_ranga

Post by powa_ranga »

funinthesun95 wrote:Ok....My baby went to a very good home. As Kyle said it was not for sale. I had work out an agreement months ago and Kyle asked the correct question to the correct person and showed a lot of love for the build. This one of a kind build is in good hands, I hope to help him continue moving forward to finish it.

Looking forward to meeting up again Kyle.

My friends have said, That I enjoy the building processes more then using it.....haha... nah that be crazy!

Besides I just bought a old diesel RV 3 months ago, so I have to have something to use this season. I bet it a side by side....lmao joking

powa_ranga wrote:I ended up picking this thing up, it wasn't technically for sale but it worked out and I couldn't pass it up...I will be continuing on with this thread in hopes of keeping everything in one spot, big thanx to Will and I hope he stays active on this thread cause I got alot of work ahead of me.

Here is it's new home

ImageImageImageImageImage

I'm in the same boat, I enjoy the challenge of the build more than using it, that's 99% of the reason I sold my ttb/linked/small block ranger (bought it finished,no fun) brilliant minds think alike...I would have kept the ranger before that since I took alot of pride in hand building the intercooled rear turbo system in my garage...but that trucks a crumpled beer can now....this bronco is something special, I have already "bonded" with it so I think it's a keeper.

I know alot of GFB guys follow this thing, hell I did and I wasn't even a member... which is why I jumped on here to continue to document everything when the deal was done.

Will, thanx for the kind words, as you know (but for everyone else's info) I actually have a guy setup to work on it at my house while I am in Pismo for a couple months, that should put a dent in the workload...the wife is bringing the 650R and the Raptor so maybe when we meet up we can go play in the dunes, hangout, and have some Pellegrino or seltzer water or whatever you boys were drinking in that shop hahahaha.

funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

I would love too... hang out when we meet up.
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
alpinejd3
Bronco Info: 1991 EB Prerunner

Post by alpinejd3 »

Congrats Kyle. Can't wait to see the little details as you finish this thing. Willy promised me a ride in it, did he include that as part of the sale?
powa_ranga

Post by powa_ranga »

alpinejd3 wrote:Congrats Kyle. Can't wait to see the little details as you finish this thing. Willy promised me a ride in it, did he include that as part of the sale?
You got it dude

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

So what's the next project Willie?!?!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

Steve not sure yet.... I have had a few things in the works for the last few months. it is not clear what will work out.
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

I am working on a first 5 sets of bedsides price ....like a soft release hah

We will see how Robert and John respond.
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
powa_ranga

Post by powa_ranga »

Small update, got the wiring list complete and my guy has the green light to build three seperate subharness's with "options" wires left in the harness's for future additions like fuel injection, arb cooler, lights, etc...on top of that I pulled the top end and checked valve lash and resealed the fresh 351, still going to do a compression check real quick then finish off the engine bay while I wait for the harness's to be done. I will say that good old willy has been a big help taking my phone calls and texts helping me navigate through this project, I only get to be home maybe 2-3 days a week and I'm the neighborhood mechanic, all the neighborhood kids come wrench on their stuff and learn to get yelled at at my place on the weekends so progress is slow but she'll hopefully be one heck of a nice truck in 25 years when it's done... anyways, here's some pics.
ImageImage

powa_ranga

Post by powa_ranga »

Copy/pasted from dezertrangers...Question..anybody have real world experience with Holley Sniper EFI? I am looking to do a blow through setup (about 7psi max) since I already have every single component necessary to throw the turbo from the truck blue on it (which is indeed sized appropriately for my displacement)... I have read and read and read on it and it gets confusing as all hell. The truck has a carb on it right now so bolting up the efi conversion would be a piece of cake and as far as the fuel system go's I have that sorted out pretty well in my head except for what regulator to run...my big hangup is tuning (hptuners?) and how well the blow through efi carb conversions work when they have boost thrown at them....oh I also got some GT40 heads and am in process of picking a cam, really need to make a decision if it gets the turbski or not in order to do that, which means I need to figure out this ego conversion thing and if its worth it. Haaaalllppp???

For reference here was the garage homebrew remote mount setup from my former truck that would be adapted to the bronco via new piping but would be front mounted this time.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
ImageImage

BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

I would say probably not. I read the manual a little.

Problems
1, internal fuel pressure regulator. This needs to be boost referencing or it will run out of fuel quick like. They do not say if it is or not.
2, Boost timing retard. Needs to have this or melted pistons will happen.

It does say that it has a 2Bar MAP sensor. Not sure why you would put in a sensor capable of reading 28PSI unless you planed to use it.

I would call them and hopefully you get someone that speaks engrish and has half a brain.
powa_ranga

Post by powa_ranga »

BDKW1 wrote:I would say probably not. I read the manual a little.

Problems
1, internal fuel pressure regulator. This needs to be boost referencing or it will run out of fuel quick like. They do not say if it is or not.
2, Boost timing retard. Needs to have this or melted pistons will happen.

It does say that it has a 2Bar MAP sensor. Not sure why you would put in a sensor capable of reading 28PSI unless you planed to use it.

I would call them and hopefully you get someone that speaks engrish and has half a brain.
Those are literally my two main questions...boost reference fuel pressure regulator and how to retard timing. I will try and call them when I can (kinda hard working 12's on the weekdays lol)...any other insight is very appreciated,

BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

My only other question would be where are you planning on putting the intercooler.

An air to water one might be easier to package as the water cooler radiator can be really thin. Space up front is at a premium.
BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

My only other question would be where are you planning on putting the intercooler.

An air to water one might be easier to package as the water cooler radiator can be really thin. Space up front is at a premium.
powa_ranga

Post by powa_ranga »

Thats a darn good question, space is indeed tight, not 100 percent sure where I can put it, possibly down behind the skid plate but I need to see what it looks like...I am not opposed to buying a smaller one if need be and the air to water is a good idea, only issue is gonna be heat soak out in the desert...I had an 04 cobra with an air to water setup and it was always an issue after a few hard pulls.

Right now I am just in the beginning stages of figuring all of it out, having all the turbo components on the shelf is the easy part, making it fuel correctly and control timing is where I need to focus.

It does have dual low pressure pumps already in case one fails that are run to a stock ford style fuel pickup in the tank, I would just pull one low pressure pump out and run it through that "side of the circuit".. I also have a darn new 255lph pump I could basically bolt on to the stock ford hat/pickup,at that point the plumbing is already all there all I need is a return line which is also available on the stock hat.

damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

You can shoehorn in an air to air cooler, there room. Was able to get the stock dodge one in there with my cummins conversion with the a/c condenser and trans cooler. Where you put that turbo is another story.