Slappy Style Go Fast with Dana 44/50 hybrid beams....

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Re: Slappy Style Go Fast with Dana 44/50 hybrid beams....

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Cool to see you working on it. I am right there with you. With the new year I have been off an running with my new body parts for my project. My new Fenders are sitting in my front door hallway

David Wright

powa_ranga
Bronco Info: 2012 raptor, 1995 ranger,2000 7.3

Post by powa_ranga »

I feel ya man, the same reason I took a break from this thing is the same reason I now get to have my Harley parked in my dining room with a new beer fridge. Life is good sir.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Pickuptrucker
Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

Duralast agm batteries work great. So does no name rock auto agm, but it's only a year old so time will tell. I bought one Optima it crapped on before I even got to use it, and most expensive by far.
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Post by biggiek »

Pickuptrucker wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:44 pm
Duralast agm batteries work great. So does no name rock auto agm, but it's only a year old so time will tell. I bought one Optima it crapped on before I even got to use it, and most expensive by far.
The duralast agm is great got that in mine and no issues.
powa_ranga

Post by powa_ranga »

That seems to the general consensus to go with the duralast, anybody know if they fit the same mounts like for like with their optima counterpart

powa_ranga

Post by powa_ranga »

Got all kinds of goodies on Friday. Watching the amazon drivers show up 3x in one day to your place in the boondocks with the world's worst road and driveway via security cameras is quite entertaining. Plan was to finish a sidejob then attack the bronco. That didn't happen.

I will tell a story so all you dudes know why the bronco got zero love.

Spent Saturday on a sidejob putting injectors in Fords biggest mistake, the trusty 6 uh oh that was billowing black smoke like a freight train (136k miles) . Unfortunately knowing these trucks quirks is like being good at scrubbing toilets, you always get stuck scrubbing toilets. Dealer serviced its whole life, had a reman #3 put in it in last October, less than 500 miles on it since then, so after reviewing there work order I went after the passenger side injectors first... and bam, cracked tip on the new squirter. Oil rail bolts way overtorqued. Dealer was cool and swapped me a "new" reman without question, apparently they do not sell new ones anymore. Great. Checked the piston for holes, looked good. Found the EBP sensor was clogged, cleaned that. Great. Checked EGR, disgusting, cleaned that, verified operation. Great. Found the FICM rubber isolators were gone, noted, reinstalled, whatever. Great. Installed motorcraft fuel filters and blue spring. Great.

Let it run for a while and the cylinder must of been washed out from diesel, took about 40 minutes to clear up, runs great, no smoke, no check engine light, everybody is happy...then the alternator took a vacation once it started running perfect, so I limped it home. Probably gunna have it rebuilt instead of putting vatozone reman in it. Done working on cars for the weekend,kicked the dog, fired up the wild turkey, and watched supercross. Maybe next weekend bronco. ImageImage

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

I just did the injectors on my 1999 F350 7.3L but it has 200k miles on it and has been a great motor. This was the first motor issue. Now the transmission, I am on the second rebuild, but I am really hard on it with it in Baja and towing. This transmission is a major upgrade of everything that could be upgraded and switched to a manual shifter transfer case, so I have a neutral an can flat tow the F350 without dropping the driveline's.

Besides the Transmission, I have been happy with the F350. But I love my Bronco.

David Wright

powa_ranga

Post by powa_ranga »

Wrightracing.net wrote:I just did the injectors on my 1999 F350 7.3L but it has 200k miles on it and has been a great motor. This was the first motor issue. Now the transmission, I am on the second rebuild, but I am really hard on it with it in Baja and towing. This transmission is a major upgrade of everything that could be upgraded and switched to a manual shifter transfer case, so I have a neutral an can flat tow the F350 without dropping the driveline's.Image

Besides the Transmission, I have been happy with the F350. But I love my Bronco.

David Wright
I'm on my 3rd 7.3 and I will not buy anything newer except maybe a newer 6.7 someday. My 02 is my 2nd dually, all stock, no tuning or anything besides a turbo back exhaust with huge magnaflow muffler just to let it breathe a little. Both trucks have been low mile tow pigs (2000 with 115k when it "left" and this one with 131k and counting).. I have had good luck with them but I drive very conservative, religious on OEM parts, and don't mind going slow up the hills, I dont care to be the first one to make it to camp, I wanna be the guy that gets there every time....

Wrightracing.net

powa_ranga wrote:
Wrightracing.net wrote:I just did the injectors on my 1999 F350 7.3L but it has 200k miles on it and has been a great motor. This was the first motor issue. Now the transmission, I am on the second rebuild, but I am really hard on it with it in Baja and towing. This transmission is a major upgrade of everything that could be upgraded and switched to a manual shifter transfer case, so I have a neutral an can flat tow the F350 without dropping the driveline's.Image

David Wright
I'm on my 3rd 7.3 and I will not buy anything newer except maybe a newer 6.7 someday. My 02 is my 2nd dually, all stock, no tuning or anything besides a turbo back exhaust with huge magnaflow muffler just to let it breathe a little. Both trucks have been low mile tow pigs (2000 with 115k when it "left" and this one with 131k and counting).. I have had good luck with them but I drive very conservative, religious on OEM parts, and don't mind going slow up the hills, I dont care to be the first one to make it to camp, I wanna be the guy that gets there every time....

My F350 just has a K&N cold air intake and a 100Hp tuner on it, which it made a great drivability difference and I got better fuel economy. Also, my F350 has been used for Chase truck duty in Baja for 19 years and the 37" Bfg Baja military beadlocks tires put a strain on the truck. But they get it in and out of everywhere I need to retrieve broken down race trucks. Image

David Wright

powa_ranga

Post by powa_ranga »

Wrightracing.net wrote:
powa_ranga wrote:

David Wright

My F350 just has a K&N cold air intake and a 100Hp tuner on it, which it made a great drivability difference and I got better fuel economy. Also, my F350 has been used for Chase truck duty in Baja for 19 years and the 37" Bfg Baja military beadlocks tires put a strain on the truck. But they get it in and out of everywhere I need to retrieve broken down race trucks. Image

David Wright
I love it, sounds like a tried and true rig! I have personally seen them go 500k without pulling a valve cover, thats everyday use towing a concrete pump getting beat on, but then again my pops got his stolen a few months ago, 03 7.3 on 35's that he bought new off the lot, all stock with a turbo back and a whopping 83k miles, all hunting for the most part...it sat so much that the injector cups rotted out of it, they like to be driven apparently...but that truck got cut up by a chop shop and the only thing left was a door and hood, oh well.

Since we are talking 7.3's, here's my old man truck nicknamed "uncle cracker" by a friend lol...02 xlt 4wd, nothing special, just a good old runner.Image

Wrightracing.net

Nice
Here is mine, when I had 35" tires on it.Image

David Wright

powa_ranga

Post by powa_ranga »

Bronco fell apart again last night, even the seats and dash ended up falling out by the end of the night. I think the dogs did it.

Pickuptrucker
Bronco Info: 1982 c6, 9" gears, lockers,

Post by Pickuptrucker »

I love my 6.0, when its working right lol
josephdoglas93
Bronco Info: i Seels good thing

Post by josephdoglas93 »

I have everything working perfectly

Sent from my TECNO KB7 using Tapatalk