Matt's 1993 XLT Bronco

93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Matt's 1993 XLT Bronco

Post by 93Broncobuff »

Heyy All i would like a list of ideas as to what i should do next....

I keep bouncing around millions of ideas and in the end never getting anything lol.

I have somewhat of a tight buget but a list of steps would be kool.

I.E. : 1.) New headlights

2.) Lift coils

....... and so on and what brands of each thing i shoulld get.

Thank you for your time

Matt
Attachments
My Bronco n MEEEEEE.jpg
My Bronco n MEEEEEE.jpg (53.58 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
Last edited by 93Broncobuff on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Re: Hey guys this is my 1993 XLT Bronco

Post by AussieRod »

Define a tight budget :D We all have those problems (well some dont but we mostly do) :D I would save my money if I were you and look around for a complete kit, such as Autofab or SouthWest. Both are very high quality, I have seen both in action in Baja, and ridden in a hi end Autofab Bronco, and I can tell you both manufacturers deliver the goods. Yes, they are pricey, but you wont beat the quality. John (Autofab) and Mark (SouthWest) are both very nice guys and will be only too willing to help you out with the right advice, etc. Alternatively, BajaScott, Solo or Threat Motorsports do nice parts at affordable prices, it pays to let your fingers do the walking and see works best for you and your budget. My dos centavos :D
93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

In the end I want an Autofab kit but that runs about 5grand correct? In the mean time i kinda want to lift it two inches so that i can fit 33 inch tires and be able to offroad better all around. I dont just do baja 4x4 but I do whant an emphisis in that style of off roading. Every now and then i go up to the mountains n do mudding or light rock crawling to basically im asking what kits would best suit an all around off road rig untill i can shell out for the Autofab. :)

Matt
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

For 5000 bucks you could have a complete front to rear suspension from Threat Motorsports. Cut & Turn or a 4" wider per side track width. I love Autofab stuff... but its out of a lot of peoples price range..

http://www.threatmotorsports.com/
Last edited by Andy Jones on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

93Broncobuff wrote:In the end I want an Autofab kit but that runs about 5grand correct? In the mean time i kinda want to lift it two inches so that i can fit 33 inch tires and be able to offroad better all around. I dont just do baja 4x4 but I do whant an emphisis in that style of off roading. Every now and then i go up to the mountains n do mudding or light rock crawling to basically im asking what kits would best suit an all around off road rig untill i can shell out for the Autofab. :)

Matt
Upgrade the suspension in stages. Buy the right parts and you can keep upgrading over time as your budget allows and not have to toss old parts in the trash because they won't work with your new parts.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

SteveG wrote:
93Broncobuff wrote:In the end I want an Autofab kit but that runs about 5grand correct? In the mean time i kinda want to lift it two inches so that i can fit 33 inch tires and be able to offroad better all around. I dont just do baja 4x4 but I do whant an emphisis in that style of off roading. Every now and then i go up to the mountains n do mudding or light rock crawling to basically im asking what kits would best suit an all around off road rig untill i can shell out for the Autofab. :)

Matt
Upgrade the suspension in stages. Buy the right parts and you can keep upgrading over time as your budget allows and not have to toss old parts in the trash because they won't work with your new parts.

This!!
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Buy used by monitoring GFB, RDC and DR's classified sections. And every so often you might find something on Craigslist.com.
93Broncobuff

Post by 93Broncobuff »

ok what parts should i get in stages, like which first to last.

Thanks for your time,

Matt
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Start here: http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... 0&p=15#p15

That gives you a solid foundation for bigger travel numbers and great handling. Assuming the rear is matched, the above can work very well and not break the bank. You might even find that it's enough for you and as far as you want to go with it. If you decide down the road that you want bigger and badder, you've already got a good start on it.

We never finished the write up past the "basic". we'll work on that.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
93Broncobuff

Post by 93Broncobuff »

I know basically what needs to happen with the front end but what about the rear. I dont always hear good things about blocks.....add-a-leif, with longer shocks? i have air bags in the rear just FYI.

Matt
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Sho nuff,
SteveG
93Broncobuff

Post by 93Broncobuff »

yup, just as i posted that i found the rear.... :roll:
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

AusBroncodoc wrote:Define a tight budget :D We all have those problems (well some dont but we mostly do) :D I would save my money if I were you and look around for a complete kit, such as Autofab or SouthWest. Both are very high quality, I have seen both in action in Baja, and ridden in a hi end Autofab Bronco, and I can tell you both manufacturers deliver the goods. Yes, they are pricey, but you wont beat the quality. John (Autofab) and Mark (SouthWest) are both very nice guys and will be only too willing to help you out with the right advice, etc. Alternatively, BajaScott, Solo or Threat Motorsports do nice parts at affordable prices, it pays to let your fingers do the walking and see works best for you and your budget. My dos centavos :D
Even in light of what I said above, a set of levelling springs in the front, coupled with Bilstein 5100's all round will give you a great ride and will still handle both the rocks and desert. You dont HAVE to have all the fancy bits to enjoy either themes. I ran my bone stock 94 in Baja, and I gave it a good flogging along the Compadre Trail, and it took everything I dished out and it was a comfortable ride. If my E4OD hadnt kept overheating and dumping the fluid, I would have had a better time, but it was great as is. As SteveG mentioned, just slowly collect what you need, wheel and deal on DR and Craiglist and you might be surprised what you can come up with for less money that you expected. :D :D
93Broncobuff

Post by 93Broncobuff »

Ok what springs do you recomend? All I need is 6 bilstien 5100's right? what is DR? And lastely what do i need to do to the rear if i lift the front n such. I currently have a 2" daystar leveling pucks up front to level out my heavy ass bumper lol. i will eventually sell the bumper but not yet. And also in the rear i have air bags, does this change what i need to get?

Thank you guys for your impute

Matt
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

DR = Dezertrangers
RDC = Race-Dezert
CL = Craigslist
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

there are 2" springs for sale on this site.... as for the airbags,well ......they will not be good for anything but towing. rear springs can be had by Deaver,National,or even the regular lift companies. but it all boils down to this: what am i REALLY going to use this for? I ran my bronco basicly stock for a long time. these machines are versatile and can do just about anything you want them to do .
my opinion on what you should do is this: pick up a set of 2" leveling coils a set bilstien shocks get it aligned and go out and fun with it.
once you are tired of that, then move up and buy a kit (cut and turned beams,extended radius arms , pro comp coils, and a new set of bilstien shocks) for the front.
alot of use go in these baby steps till we achive our goals.
like the Aussie said, let your finger do the walking price everything you want out and decide what you want to do and how much you want to spend.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
93Broncobuff

Post by 93Broncobuff »

Ok kool thank you so much! :) I will pick up the springs n shocks but what size leifs should i get.....it only apears that Deaver only offers 3 inch and 5 inch sets, or is that what i need? also with this set up what is the biggist tire i can fit. I have an after market front bumper so they wont rub there. I am currently running 32x11.50x15r.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

Levelling coils and stock leafs will allow the Bronco to sit level. Unless you REALLY need raised rear springs, stay with the stockers for now.
93Broncobuff

Post by 93Broncobuff »

ok kool that saves me some bucks :D

so all i need is the springs n shocks?
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

Pretty much
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/