Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

Wrapped it up last night:
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Pulled the trigger, Autofab front fenders on da way!! I am pumped !
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

So did a little work last night and tonight. Thanks to Yilkes for some comments, color comentary, and good sound advice (I think).

Chris (thanks to him to) gave me a set of stock fenders to skin, and so after 3 cutting wheels, a spot weld drill bit and some patience, we have a skinned inner fender.

Chris, while at Autofab today, came home with these for me:

So pumped!!
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

thats awsome.im getting my new front clip tomorrow.
i know how you feel!! :)
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
vegasff13
Bronco Info: 94 XLT 5.8 4in Rancho with 33in BFGs

Post by vegasff13 »

Lookin good. I am assuming with this you are able to keep the factory wheel wells? I would love to see a write up of the whole process.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

I dont have the factory wheel wells anymore (big mistake) so I will be looking for a replacement set, and then cut to fit.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

I still have mine (in garage not on truck. haha) you can have them.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Silverslk wrote:I still have mine (in garage not on truck. haha) you can have them.

Thanks Andy,
I actually might take them.... i'll shoot you an email on these. Would not be bad to have a spare set, now that I did this set.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

I've got a pair of uncut 97 inner fender well too... I have no need for them.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Inner fender, with Autofab glass over it, super impressed with the Autofab stuff, it literally slipped right over the inner fender, great fit!

BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Autofab glass is made north of the border, It might be done by tweekers, but they do pay attention to detail............ Unlike the crap made south of the border..........
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I have heard recently that some of his stuff is being done down south. I'd like to hear a confirmation as to whether it's true or not. All of the stuff I have ever dealt with from John is nice (best by far of the other CRAP in our end of the industry), but I've heard 1 or 2 guys recently who said quality had gone down hill. Good to know something that just came outta there is like the old stuff.

Oh - and I might have some inner fenders floating around here too Tony. I know I kept the rear ones as they were just cool plastic sheets that I figured I'd find a use for.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I picked my hood for the four door at the same time Steve and the quality looks and feels just as good as the drop down center hood I got from John a couple of years ago. I haven't heard that Autofab was making their stuff down South but I'll definitely ask him the next time I talk to him.

CP
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I have heard recently that some of his stuff is being done down south. I'd like to hear a confirmation as to whether it's true or not. All of the stuff I have ever dealt with from John is nice (best by far of the other CRAP in our end of the industry), but I've heard 1 or 2 guys recently who said quality had gone down hill. Good to know something that just came outta there is like the old stuff.
I'm at John's pretty much 2-3 times per week. I can tell you with absolute certainty that John will never have his stuff made south of the border. He makes everything right at the shop, none of it's out sourced. I will tell you that John has gone through many different glass guys, some better than others. Right now he has two guys, one is a boat glass guy, he does the plugs and molds and he has a new guy laying up the parts. He's been getting better and better. John has to watch him very closely and mentor him to lay the parts up right. He's lately gotten away from the chop gun and has Nathan laying everything up by hand... the parts turn out better. Nathan hasn't yet gotten the chop gun down quite yet. John is very particular about his glass.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Good to know and hear and thanks for setting the record straight!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

tcm glx wrote:Inner fender, with Autofab glass over it, super impressed with the Autofab stuff, it literally slipped right over the inner fender, great fit!
Can't wait to see this all installed! What are your plans for the wheel wells?
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

BajaF250 wrote:
tcm glx wrote:Inner fender, with Autofab glass over it, super impressed with the Autofab stuff, it literally slipped right over the inner fender, great fit!
Hey Tom,
The inner fender lining was ripped out long time ago when I did headers (BIG MISTAKE) and I regret it ever since. So gameplan is to trim up some inner fenders, and get them back in there to provide some protection.

For now, i am goin to finish up skinning them, and then do some reinforceing (probably have Steve help me weld in some plate, and tube to stiffen the inner skin) then they go get powdercoated gloss black. Once they are done, begin the work of switching everything over, then mounting the glass!!

Then, finnally get my hood, and fenders professionally painted.
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

tcm glx wrote:
BajaF250 wrote:
Hey Tom,
The inner fender lining was ripped out long time ago when I did headers (BIG MISTAKE) and I regret it ever since. So gameplan is to trim up some inner fenders, and get them back in there to provide some protection.

For now, i am goin to finish up skinning them, and then do some reinforceing (probably have Steve help me weld in some plate, and tube to stiffen the inner skin) then they go get powdercoated gloss black. Once they are done, begin the work of switching everything over, then mounting the glass!!

Then, finnally get my hood, and fenders professionally painted.
I just love your Bronco... fantastic looking... I'm really interested in how much effort you end up expending on the skinned inner panels. It doesn't look too tough, but as you well know, looks can certainly be deceiving. It'll be nice when you get them in and everything bolts right back into place. Yeah, getting them all painted up to match the rest of the truck is the only way to go... it really sets it off. You really have to look closely to notice the difference. Plus, there's just enough room to see all the suspension work done...
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Aren't you finished yet? I wanna see some pictures