Tonys 93 bronco

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

Hey Otter, I dont have any additional blue tubing. Interesting enough, I didnt get enough, and mine has a pretty tight kink on it because of that, I am going to do research to see where I can buy some and will let you know.

Side note:
I picked up the Bronco finally after almost three months of being down. I lagged on some of the parts, and then the holiday got in the way. But alot of work was done. Replaced axle bearings, did a full rebuild on the third member, had the transfer case chain and bearings replaced, installed the Bassani Y Pipe with a Magnaflow mufller, replaced the water pump, hoses, and timing chain. The Y Pipe and new muffler combo sound fantastic, really jazzed about it. Putting some miles on her over the next few days prior to heading up to KOH next week. Happy to have her back in the garage. Ill snap some pics this weekend.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Sounds like a lot of good upgrades and maintenance. I'm looking forward to a report on the Y-pipe.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

SteveG wrote:Sounds like a lot of good upgrades and maintenance. I'm looking forward to a report on the Y-pipe.

For Sure Steve, so far the Y Pipe sounds great, no drone and it feels like the motor is breathing alot better. Put around 60 miles in the last two days on it. Will drive it some more on the freeway tomorrow.
otter
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern

Post by otter »

tcm glx wrote:Hey Otter, I dont have any additional blue tubing. Interesting enough, I didnt get enough, and mine has a pretty tight kink on it because of that, I am going to do research to see where I can buy some and will let you know.
Yeah let me know if you find some. Mine came with a 12-18" piece that I some how tossed out. I honestly have done very little research. I am sure I could call bassani and get some. Thanks anyway.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Well I l love the Y Pipe!!! It flows super nice, no drone and I definitely felt additional power. Also transfer case rebuild, water pump and timing chain maintenance all performed well this weekend. I did manage to get stuck in some sand at KOH, because I thought I was in 4wd.....then I realized I didn't lock the hubs, duh!!!

A few pics of here is the y pipe first.

Finished off doing a few LEDS a in the front, aka Raptor.

And I've got a skirt now, major kudos to Brian, I love it!

Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

What's that skirt do? Keep stuff from flying foreword back or backward forward? I thought the same thing when I saw Brian's. Or is it to prevent dripping oil from making all the droplets on the tailgate?
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Looking good, Tony!
Rmc wrote:Or is it to prevent dripping oil from making all the droplets on the tailgate?
Ha! If that's the case, I need one for the Falcon!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

In concept, protect the rear shock shafts and the pinion. Ultimately keep things just a bit cleaner back there......my 9" was Powdercoater two years ago and it's pitted to all hell. Not happy about that so this should help. Plus I have alway been a huge fan of the look.
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

Hey Tony, was that your Bronco at the top of Chocolate Thunder on Friday? I saw a couple people from the forum, but they were scattered all over. I didn't have my bronco, because we took my sons F150.
Rmc wrote:What's that skirt do? Keep stuff from flying foreword back or backward forward? I thought the same thing when I saw Brian's. Or is it to prevent dripping oil from making all the droplets on the tailgate?
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Hey!
I never made it to the top of chocolate thunder, we hung out at Jackhammer watching the traffic jam all day. Bummed I didn't see you out there.
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

Same here. I didn't think it was your rig, but was close. We never made it to jackhammer. We started at Chocolate Thunder, then decided to go watch some high speed section and BBQ. Next time I will coordinate. It was a last minute deal for me this year. Your Bronco is looking awesome!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

I shall call her....... mini me
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Nice!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Whaaaat!? Bad ass, Tony! And here I am with the stock body on mine... totally falling apart.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Its TT style, built on a Axial yeti platform with shortened links to adjust the wheelbase. 4wd, Linked rear (a Arm front, I know.... but nobody sells a TTB front end for the RCs!!)

I dont wanna drive it now Steve...... want it to just sit in my office! Lol
otter
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern

Post by otter »

That thing is rad!
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

What does she cycle????
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

24 scale inches
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

That thing is ssssswwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Haha sooo cool. Whats it cost to put something like that together?